Just off the Dream!

Yes, I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that no cameras are allowed. We asked two different people working the AquaDuck and were told this. They stated that it is not safe because you must hold onto the handles on the raft the entire time. After we rode I understood why (for the first 1/2 or 2/3 of the ride anyway). Before we got off the ship we also heard someone saying that a guy got in trouble and was taken off the AquaDuck for sneaking a camera on. I believe the lady said the guy fell off the raft or something like that because he was using one or both of his hands to record video.

Now, I am not going to say that it might not be possible for someone to sneak one on, but I will say that it is not safe and that there is a HIGH POSSIBILITY you will be caught. They have their own cameras, you know?

Edited to add that the videos you have seen where it looks like someone is holding the camera are probably the same ones I have seen where the news person, or whoever was riding, had a contraption set up to hold the camera.

actually nope.. I know they were holding the camera because it was way too shaky and unstable and they were even able to move the camera to show the pool deck and the sea… so I'm kinda confused now… :\

here's the vid I'm talking about :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjAbfqBWTVM

actually nope.. I know they were holding the camera because it was way too shaky and unstable and they were even able to move the camera to show the pool deck and the sea… so I'm kinda confused now… :\

here's the vid I'm talking about :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjAbfqBWTVM

I see what you mean by the video and all I can say is maybe they were cast members or they just got away with it. One thing that is strange about this video is that I don't think I saw a CM at the end of it where you get off of the raft. Every time we rode and anyone else we saw, there was always one or more CMs standing in that area and helping you to get off the raft and exit the ride...

We brought our digital water camera hoping to be able to do a video ourselves and we were told that it was absolutely not allowed...

FYI:

IMG_1311.jpg

I will reiterate what I said earlier, it may be possible to get away with it but I would not recommend it. The first half of the ride is very fast and bumpy and I could not imagine not holding onto the raft handles while riding!

You use your room key. In Dec the washer and dryer were $2 for each use. So one load in the washer than the dryer totals $4.

thank you! So good to know that I won't need to carry quarters!

Another probably really stupid Aquaduck question: how does the ride end, do you come to a stop or does it let you out into a pool? I have one DD that does not swim that well and I'm a little concerned about a sudden launch into the deep end like on some of the pool slides......

Another probably really stupid Aquaduck question: how does the ride end, do you come to a stop or does it let you out into a pool? I have one DD that does not swim that well and I'm a little concerned about a sudden launch into the deep end like on some of the pool slides......

It lets you out in a little lazy river at the end. There is no deep plunge into water or anything like that. I am not that crazy about water slides that do that either so I was very happy with the AquaDuck. Also, there was always one or more CMs at the end of the ride to help us out of our raft(s).

Well, I'm off to bed everyone - gotta go back to the real world of work tomorrow! :scared1: I'll answer any other questions sometime tomorrow (as soon as I get a chance).

Have a great evening! :cloud9:

Yes, I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that no cameras are allowed. We asked two different people working the AquaDuck and were told this. They stated that it is not safe because you must hold onto the handles on the raft the entire time.

When we went on the Aquaduck for the first time I didn't take my camera because I assumed it would not be allowed, but we asked the CM at the front of the line and she said it would be fine to bring it, so next time we brought it along without anyone giving us a hard time and we were able to take pictures while we went. I had one of the disposable underwater cameras that had the rubber band wrist strap, so I just had it dangling from my arm while I held on during the rough parts, but let go and took some photos during the last, slow leg. Maybe they hadn't fully established the rules yet at that point and are now being more strict about it? :confused3

I also want to know how wet you get on the AquaDuck. I REALLY want to go on it, but I don't want to have to do my hair again if I get soaked.

If Aquaduck is anything like Crush n' Gusher at TLWP you WILL get soaked head to toe and then some. The up hill thrusters will soak you.

My internet is very slow on the ship. But trying to give some info here....
This is my first cruise ever...so nothing to compare it to.
Some things have been great but here are some things I think need improvement or not so great:
Need more signage when exiting elevators. I feel like it is confusing finding your way around. I find myself walking through areas to get to other "public" areas. Kind of weird. This seems to happen when I use the elevators on either end. I feel like there needs to be larger/clearer signs pointing to each "public area" folks might be going like Theater to the left and Royal Palace go right.

We are "rocking" or "swaying" quite a bit tonight. Some cast members told me this is unusual. Since this my first cruise I didn't know what was normal. But it is very noticeable to many guests. I was in the theater tonight and could feel UP and DOWN during the show and had trouble walking up the stairs. I saw many other people holding on to railing trying to balance. Hopefully this is unusual weather or something.

Ate at Royal Palace tonight. Servers were nice but their accents were so thick it was difficult to understand them. It wasn't a "problem" but I could see where some folks would get very annoyed by this. Service was a bit slow too. And the food was ok, not amazing, just ok. Portions were on the small side, sufficient for me & kids (we didn't have a man eating in our group). Dessert was the best part...Grand Marnier Souffle.

Called guest services a couple of times today with questions about hairdryer (which you cannot plug in in the bathroom, you plug it in at the desk) and trying to get internet service. (having glitches with those of us using Macs???) Anyways...I was on hold for quite a while waiting for someone. The 2nd time was ridiculously long....Hopefully on a "regular" cruise they will have more folks working guest services.

Animated/Interactive/detective paintings. Can't remember what these are official called and too tired to go look at my stuff. These are really neat but where you get the card & activate took some hunting. FYI....its near the area where you look at your photographs (can't remember name of that area either..Portraits???) I can see where many guests will miss this cool technology simply b/c they can't figure out where and how to start. There is a 2nd place to "sign up" but haven't seen if that one is more obvious...this one near the photos is not jumping out at you at all!

Character interaction is so nice and easy on the ship compared to the park. Excited my kids can see Peter Pan tomorrow. He's our favorite.

Also kids love the aquaduck, but said it is cold. The pools are nice & warm even though its pretty cold right now. The folks working the pool decks are super nice! Sail Away party was fun and exciting...one of my favorites. I really like Cabanas too. Had lunch after we boarded and I appreciated the broad selection. My kids sat in the hot tub as the ship started sailing.....pretty amazing as they sat there and we sailed away from the mainland....just beautiful.

I'll try to post some more tomorrow if I can get a connection!

Thanks for all the Dream info, everyone! Getting excited... 40 days!

Some questions:
- Where are the drink stations?
- Any recommendations, or warnings - food-wise? Like, must get scrambled eggs at Cabanas, or avoid the salmon at Animator's Palate, or something?
- The hair-dryer comes with the room, right? Weird that it needs to plug into the desk.
- Place to get late-night snacks, like popcorn, without having to pay?

Some questions:
- Any recommendations, or warnings - food-wise? Like, must get scrambled eggs at Cabanas, or avoid the salmon at Animator's Palate, or something?
- The hair-dryer comes with the room, right? Weird that it needs to plug into the desk.
- Place to get late-night snacks, like popcorn, without having to pay?

40 days is so soon! It'll be here before you know it! :cheer2:
Don't want to steal OP's thunder, but I'm awake and in the mood to talk about cruising, so I'll try to answer your questions :)

If I remember correctly, the drink stations were right by Eye Scream, which was between the family pools and Quiet Cove (right outside the midship elevators/stairs)...I want to say port side?

I had a veal trio at AP the first night that was delicious...it had a piece of veal steak, something that resembled a sort of veal short ribs, and veal ravioli and it was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend it!

The hair dryer is hanging in a white cloth bag in the bathroom and, yeah, it needs to be plugged in at the desk by the mirror in the room. It didn't blow very hard and didn't seem to be very warm...took me about half an hour to dry my hair when it normally takes about 10-15 minutes, so I would suggest bringing your own if you think that will be an issue for you.

Snack-wise I don't know where you could get popcorn or anything like that late at night...I didn't look for that kind of stuff really, but they do have a built in set-up in The District where they put little appetizer type things at night and chips/wings when people are in 687 during big games I think. I guess kids wouldn't really be allowed to get that stuff at night, but it worked for us hungry adults :cool2:

Hope this helped! Have a great cruise!

Haven't cruised on the Dream yet, next month 2/17 Yeah!! Saw someone's post that said there are plugs in the bathroom but they are in the ceiling? If someone has not posted a picture by the time I go I'll take a picture.

Haven't cruised on the Dream yet, next month 2/17 Yeah!! Saw someone's post that said there are plugs in the bathroom but they are in the ceiling? If someone has not posted a picture by the time I go I'll take a picture.

Saw that post, too. There is one plug in the ceiling on the shower/tub side of the split bathroom that will only work for shavers. The plug is literally seated in the corner of the ceiling above the sink. That plug is not strong enough to run anything stronger than a shaver. From past experience on the Magic and Wonder, the bathroom plugs often wouldn't even power a small night light.

Some questions:

The Dream has two 24-hour drink stations at the very aft (back) of Deck 11 (pool deck) before you go into Cabanas, one on the starboard side and one on the port side. (For comparison, the Magic and Wonder have one drink station aft of Deck 9, port side.)

One tip for folks since we just got back: Bring your alarm clock!

I had heard that there were new electronic alarm clocks so I left mine at home. Big mistake! I couldn't figure out how to program the one in the room. (And I'm normally really good with those kind of things. :confused3) That wouldn't be such a big deal but the automated wake up calls are not setup for the ship yet. So we were put on hold 5-6 minutes at night to request a wake up call that came late because the front desk was actually calling people one at a time! The couple we were sailing with actually didn't get their wake up call. :eek:

Of course, that is the only thing that wasn't perfect for us on the ship. We heard lots of complaints about dinner service but our server TREVIS did a fabulous job. If you request him you won't have any worries!

For TinkerSouthernBelle, regarding portion size of food, remember you can have as much as you want. You can order two entrees, or 3 appetts. etc. More formal food is usually done in smaller portions that is just the way they do it.
My DH and I usually would get an appetizer each and maybe spilt one to try something new. If he knew he was really going to want double shrimp or steak he would just order it. The same if you do not like something once you get it, you can order something else.

Enjoy!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter