• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just off the Dream this morning - any questions?

Pretty Poly

Relaxing with a mai tai
Just got off a wonderful 3 day cruise on the Dream!! Any questions?? I'm going to try and scan the navigators into PDF files when I get an opportunity this week. They are quite different than the navigators from our December from what I remember.

We got to the port around 11am. Absolutely NO lines anywhere in the terminal. Well, except to meet Captain Mickey :)

The weather was gorgeous! Not a hurricane or even a drop of rain in sight. It was cloudy and overcast the first half of our Nassau day, but it was still warm enough to swim and do any other activities as planned. Fun fact - even if it's cloudy, you will still get a nice sunburn if you fall asleep on deck 12 above quiet cove pool.

The ship also felt deserted sometimes. I overheard a two crew members discussing how the ship was only 70-75% full. There were tons of empty and half-full tables at dinner, and each night we went to the show, we walked in 15 minutes before it started and got first-row center seats in the balcony. The only time we really felt the crowd was in the 7-8pm hour, and then again between 10-11pm on pirate night and on the final night.

We were in room 6582 and it was a FANTASTIC location! 6 or 7 rooms from the mid elevators, so about halfway in between the forward and aft elevators as well. If there was a lengthy wait for an elevator, it was super easy to just go right down the 3 or 4 stories to get to the theater or to dinner, and the view a castaway cay from the room was spectacular. Loved it.

No real problems with anything. For the most part, service was great. We went to Palo our first night (which was AMAZING food and impeccable service) and had assumed our serving team would have been informed, but when we joined everyone on the 2nd night the server really seemed put-out that they had waited on us and had a little cake ready for my mom's birthday. He also seemed to forget my soup/salad course, or bring me the wrong item for my entree and/or dessert. No use in complaining about it, though - by the time we saw him again he was already bringing the next course or I was so hungry I had just eaten what was set in front of me. He also seemed slightly annoyed if someone asked for a 2nd app or entree or if they asked for something a special way. The assistant server was very nice, but we never saw him. Both nights he didn't take our drink order until the appetizers were being brought out, and then didn't seem him again until dessert time when he offered coffee or cordials. All of the serving teams, even in other sections, seemed quite over-worked. I don't know if they moved servers to different rotations since it was so slow, but I've been on 4 Disney cruises now and their stress was definitely noticeable. Planning on writing a letter to DCL about how over-worked they all seemed.

Also, I had to stand in line several times at Guest Services to pay our bill since we were on a cash basis, so I over-heard a lot of conversations. Please don't be "that Guest." You know, the one who has an issue and follows it up with, "I paid a lot of money to be on this cruise!!!" Well, guess what buddy - so did everyone else, and they're not ripping the poor Guest Services girl apart because you missed your excursion. He really made an **** of himself, so don't be him! Remember if you have an issue (DCLs fault or not), you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

This morning (disembarkation day), we opted to just do breakfast in Cabanas because I feel like the plated breakfast with your serving team is SO rushed and it is SO stressful and crowded with all the bags and strollers everywhere. So we let our serving team know, and gave them their envelopes the night before. We got to Cabanas around 8am, were down in baggage claim by 8:30, and standing at the curb by 9:02.

On that note, looking forward to the B2B I booked on board for February :wave2:

we are looking to do our first disney cruise in june 2013...on the Dream. We really want to get one of the mini/open room category 8a rooms (not the long sikiiy room..the ones that are kinda more divided like),,,,,any suggestions on how we can get one of them? also we are a family of 3....what kinda of deposit would be be looking at with a total cruise cost of around $2800.00.?

Pretty Poly said:
Just got off a wonderful 3 day cruise on the Dream!! Any questions?? I'm going to try and scan the navigators into PDF files when I get an opportunity this week. They are quite different than the navigators from our December from what I remember.

We got to the port around 11am. Absolutely NO lines anywhere in the terminal. Well, except to meet Captain Mickey :)

The weather was gorgeous! Not a hurricane or even a drop of rain in sight. It was cloudy and overcast the first half of our Nassau day, but it was still warm enough to swim and do any other activities as planned. Fun fact - even if it's cloudy, you will still get a nice sunburn if you fall asleep on deck 12 above quiet cove pool.

The ship also felt deserted sometimes. I overheard a two crew members discussing how the ship was only 70-75% full. There were tons of empty and half-full tables at dinner, and each night we went to the show, we walked in 15 minutes before it started and got first-row center seats in the balcony. The only time we really felt the crowd was in the 7-8pm hour, and then again between 10-11pm on pirate night and on the final night.

We were in room 6582 and it was a FANTASTIC location! 6 or 7 rooms from the mid elevators, so about halfway in between the forward and aft elevators as well. If there was a lengthy wait for an elevator, it was super easy to just go right down the 3 or 4 stories to get to the theater or to dinner, and the view a castaway cay from the room was spectacular. Loved it.

No real problems with anything. For the most part, service was great. We went to Palo our first night (which was AMAZING food and impeccable service) and had assumed our serving team would have been informed, but when we joined everyone on the 2nd night the server really seemed put-out that they had waited on us and had a little cake ready for my mom's birthday. He also seemed to forget my soup/salad course, or bring me the wrong item for my entree and/or dessert. No use in complaining about it, though - by the time we saw him again he was already bringing the next course or I was so hungry I had just eaten what was set in front of me. He also seemed slightly annoyed if someone asked for a 2nd app or entree or if they asked for something a special way. The assistant server was very nice, but we never saw him. Both nights he didn't take our drink order until the appetizers were being brought out, and then didn't seem him again until dessert time when he offered coffee or cordials. All of the serving teams, even in other sections, seemed quite over-worked. I don't know if they moved servers to different rotations since it was so slow, but I've been on 4 Disney cruises now and their stress was definitely noticeable. Planning on writing a letter to DCL about how over-worked they all seemed.

Also, I had to stand in line several times at Guest Services to pay our bill since we were on a cash basis, so I over-heard a lot of conversations. Please don't be "that Guest." You know, the one who has an issue and follows it up with, "I paid a lot of money to be on this cruise!!!" Well, guess what buddy - so did everyone else, and they're not ripping the poor Guest Services girl apart because you missed your excursion. He really made an **** of himself, so don't be him! Remember if you have an issue (DCLs fault or not), you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

This morning (disembarkation day), we opted to just do breakfast in Cabanas because I feel like the plated breakfast with your serving team is SO rushed and it is SO stressful and crowded with all the bags and strollers everywhere. So we let our serving team know, and gave them their envelopes the night before. We got to Cabanas around 8am, were down in baggage claim by 8:30, and standing at the curb by 9:02.

On that note, looking forward to the B2B I booked on board for February :wave2:

I strongly dislike the farewell breakfast as well.....didn't have any idea that you could get bkfast in cabanas that day....is it the full buffet?

Thanks for the info. I would love to get a peek at your Navigators. We are on the Nov. 8th 3 day sailing for our 1st cruise. Even though I know it will be different it will give us a good idea of what we can look forward to.

I strongly dislike the farewell breakfast as well.....didn't have any idea that you could get bkfast in cabanas that day....is it the full buffet?

We have only ever done the buffet, didn't realize there was sit down breakfast, lol! Anyhow, in answer to your question, yes it is a full buffet...although not as expansive if that makes sense. Seems like it is a bit more limited, but still plenty to eat!:goodvibes

Yep - it's pretty much the full buffet. The only thing I didn't see from the morning before was the eggs Benedict. It was just the one side that was open, and it was quite crowded with people from the early bfast who wanted to eat later, and people from the late bfast who wanted to eat earlier.

we are looking to do our first disney cruise in june 2013...on the Dream. We really want to get one of the mini/open room category 8a rooms (not the long sikiiy room..the ones that are kinda more divided like),,,,,any suggestions on how we can get one of them? also we are a family of 3....what kinda of deposit would be be looking at with a total cruise cost of around $2800.00.?

Unfortunately I can't help you with any of that stuff. I'm not quite sure what the category 8a room is. If you head to their official website, you can pretend like you're booking the cruise and it will give you a quote on what the deposit would be.

Amandaka78 said:
Thanks for the info. I would love to get a peek at your Navigators. We are on the Nov. 8th 3 day sailing for our 1st cruise. Even though I know it will be different it will give us a good idea of what we can look forward to.

Just wanted to say I'm on the same cruise!! Yay!!

OP, would love to see the Navigators!!! Thanks for the report!

As an admitted foodaholic,and also going on the Dream in Nov., was there a Lobster tail night on the 3 day cruise?

jackparts said:
As an admitted foodaholic,and also going on the Dream in Nov., was there a Lobster tail night on the 3 day cruise?

Usually no lobster tail on 3 nights like they have on 7 nights

we go on the 4 night cruise in 3 weeks and I was wondering if you noticed how much the professional pictures were. We got a picture frame 12 years ago that folded in half with us on one side and the cruise on the other I just wondered if they still did this

Hmm.. No, I do not remember a lobster night, sorry!

I can't recall the exact price for the professional pictures - we didn't even have any taken because they were so expensive. Last year we did get the cd though, and I think that was $250 for all your shots

Just ask for one of the stateroom numbers below when you call DCL or your TA to book. Category 8A's are on decks 5 and 6 forward.

Deck 5 - 8A Stateroom #'s
5018 (port)
5020 (port)
5022 (port)
5518 (starboard)
5520 (starboard)
5522 (starboard)

Deck 6 - 8A Stateroom #'s
6012 (port)
*6014 (port) (*handicapped)
6016 (port)
6510 (starboard)
6512 (starboard)
6514 (starboard)

The 7-night and longer cruises are the only ones that have lobster tails. :sad:

Hi, yes thank you, i have parking questions,
did you park at the terminal and if yes what was the cost of parking? i've seen $15 and $35 per day, :confused3
how many levels are in the garage? i've seen 3rd level is best to park for the bridge.

Research to see which rooms fit your criteria, then book one specifically. I was in 5022 on the Dream, that's one of them. 5020 is another. There will be identical ones on the other side of the ship, 5520 and 5522. I don't know if 5018 and 5518 have the same layout - looks like they might on the deck plans.

TDC Nala said:
Research to see which rooms fit your criteria, then book one specifically. I was in 5022 on the Dream, that's one of them. 5020 is another. There will be identical ones on the other side of the ship, 5520 and 5522. I don't know if 5018 and 5518 have the same layout - looks like they might on the deck plans.

This should help!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2696288

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter