Just off the 2/2 sailing of the Fantasy

gstroop28

DIS Veteran
Happy to answer any questions!

Cruise director was Brent,but Clayton was assistant CD.
Ship was PACKED !! But other than the pool and characters it was manageable.
The first show should've been called "personal navigator- the musical" (it was TERRIBLE!!) rest of the shows were fantastic!
My girls- ages 11 and 14 LOVED theEdge and Vibe. They allowed 11 year old to switch between OC and edge, but she stayed at edge the entire time.
Ask for a galley tour on the second sea day- it's not on the navigator -ask at guest services.
Almost home and back to reality! :(

Glad you all had an awesome time! We were on the 12/8 western/fantasy and your post made me laugh about the pool. Everything is so so well done onboard that is it really a shame about the "people soup" otherwise known as the pool. It is disgusting on sea days. Literally like standing on the floor of a crowded concert but instead you get to rub up against the slimy skin of other sunscreen covered cruisers...YUM...not. I refused to even dip my toes. Luckily my DH has no problem with it!:crowded:

Strange to me it was packed, it's a none peak week since there are no school breaks, and everyone with kids on board had to take them out of school.

We used to cruise that week for two reasons - the kids had teacher conferences so the teachers prepared for the conferences at the beginning of the week and the conferences were at the end of the week. Nothing was done but mainly movie watching plus they missed 2 1/2 days and one full day. Also that was the last week of the "cheap" season.

We' be on in April. Please elaborate on the first nights show. We have a large party and I want to be able to share so all can decide of they want to go. Thanks.

Just got back on 2/2. On our cruise, the first show was just ok. The rest of the shows were awsome. One tip is that on our cruise they did early (3:00pm) shows in the afternoon, and then did them again that night at the regular times. If they do that, I strongly recommend going to the early shows because they are less crowded, so you will get better seats, and also, if you dont want to see them again, it frees up your evening.

Strange to me it was packed, it's a none peak week since there are no school breaks, and everyone with kids on board had to take them out of school.

Around here, it's the first week after midterms, so it's not a bad time to pull the kids.

We were in Grand Cayman all week. I saw a Disney ship Monday. Was that the Fantasy? Disney had a good day. Other days there were more ships in port. On Wednesday there were FIVE ships in port during the afternoon. I can't imagine how crowded Georgetown is with that many ships docked. We did snorkel at the Kittawake and a nearby reef that morning, and even though there were a few excursions at the site it was still ok.

DizJohn said:
Leaving this Saturday 2/16 on the Fantasy :cool1: What were the movies on board??

They played tons of different movies on the big screen on deck 11 by the pool. In the theater they were showing Wreck It Ralph, Lincoln, Brave, Nemo, Frankenweenie, and a few others. A few of the theater ones were in 3D.

the first nights show was bad but cute at the same time. I talked with someone and she told me that the Fantasy has average 3800 guests since December. We were on the 1/26 Fantasy. One day they closed both family pools because someone had an accident and another day the small pool was closed for an accident.

I just got off the 2/2 sailing as well. I too thought it seemed a little more crowded than my June 2011 Dream cruise - but completely manageable. As we were 2 adults, I cant comment on any of the children areas / activities, but we thought the cruise was great! I will say it was pretty windy and the boat rocked a good bit due to this. While it was quite noticeable, we weren't falling over and we never got the least bit sick. It just made me sleepy! What else - we did the Chaccoben Adults only tour in Costa Maya. Awesome, just wished we had a little more time as we were bused back to the port and had to get right on the ship - no time to look around port at all. Grand Cayman we did on our own and just stayed around the port - easy doable. Cozumel we did the Island Highlights and Ruins tour. Again, very nice tour. In both tour cases we did DCL tours and I must comment that we had 2 tour buses on the Costa Maya tour (adults only) and at least 3 if not 4 on the Cozumel tour.

Any questions - Id be glad to answer. I will try and send in Navigators as soon as I get unpacked.

I just got off the 2/2 sailing as well. I too thought it seemed a little more crowded than my June 2011 Dream cruise - but completely manageable. As we were 2 adults, I cant comment on any of the children areas / activities, but we thought the cruise was great! I will say it was pretty windy and the boat rocked a good bit due to this. While it was quite noticeable, we weren't falling over and we never got the least bit sick. It just made me sleepy! What else - we did the Chaccoben Adults only tour in Costa Maya. Awesome, just wished we had a little more time as we were bused back to the port and had to get right on the ship - no time to look around port at all. Grand Cayman we did on our own and just stayed around the port - easy doable. Cozumel we did the Island Highlights and Ruins tour. Again, very nice tour. In both tour cases we did DCL tours and I must comment that we had 2 tour buses on the Costa Maya tour (adults only) and at least 3 if not 4 on the Cozumel tour.

Any questions - Id be glad to answer. I will try and send in Navigators as soon as I get unpacked.

Would love to see those Navigators!! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter