Just off Fantasy Western

steelemdsd

Mouseketeer
Just got off Fantasy today. It is a great ship and we had a great Western cruise. I will be posting some threads on things we liked and did not like. I will also post navigators when I get home. We are in airport waiting to leave. We got a day room at the Hyatt and love it.

We r going on the Fantasy/western the 23rd....a little concerned with it being rainy season in gc and Mexico. How was the weather?

We are just off the 6/9 Western also....sigh.....the whole family's kind of in a funk right now. At least we only had a 90 min drive home.

The weather on the cruise was fantastic. Sail away was held indoors, but it was barely raining when we left. It was a little overcast in the morning in Grand Cayman and Costa Maya, but was sunny and hot later in the day. Cozumel and Castaway Cay had chamber of commerce type weather. Absolutely perfect.

The Cruise Director was Ray Smale. He commented that they hadn't seen weather that perfect on Castaway Cay in quite some time. So we were very fortunate weather-wise.

Just got off Fantasy today. It is a great ship and we had a great Western cruise. I will be posting some threads on things we liked and did not like. I will also post navigators when I get home. We are in airport waiting to leave. We got a day room at the Hyatt and love it.

We just got off today and got home, too. It was just an amazing, amazing experience. I had high expectations going in, and they beat those expectations by a mile.

we will be on in a week as well and are hoping for good weather... cant wait!!!

Just like they said .. the weather was fantastic. We never had any issue with weather. I got a couple drops of rain on my shoulder while we were on an excursion in Cozumel but it lasted < 1 minute. We saw a couple good storms while we were sailing and it rained pretty good one night but we were already in our cabin ready for bed.

Ray was great but the wife and I absolutely loved the Adult director. He was hilarious. I think his name was Trevor or something like that. Maybe someone else can say what his name is. We loved him. We went out 4 of the 7 nights and had a great time in the Adult areas (Tube, O'Gills, Skyline, ...).

I can not say enough things about how wonderful this trip was. The kids area was great. One child loved being there all the time, well the other one was there a little less.
I loved the adult area bars. We went to the TV Music trivia that Trevor did and he was hysterical.
Costa Maya Dolphin excursion was ok. I would not recommend this excursion for anyone who might have to juggle younger kids in the water. It says ages 3 and up, but we found it was more geared toward an older age( maybe around 10 and up).
In cozumel we did a non- Disney excursion on our own at a beach called Nachi Cocum. It was all inclusive and was very secluded. It had a pool that has a swim up bar which we used as well. All with lunch and unlimited drinks and 4 beach chairs and an umbrella.
Grand Caymen is beautiful as well, although we just did some shopping there. The island of Castaway cay was breathtaking. The adult beach was so quiet, especially first thing in the morning!All in all the ports of call were nice, although Costa Maya is specifically a tourist town, so unless you have an excursion there it is really just a bunch of bartering to buy things.
The ship is huge, but very easy to get around as it is laid out well. There were only a handful of times in which it felt crowded.
Our server was Helen from Scottland and we thought she was so incredibly nice. She was very on top of things.
The rainforest is a must do at least one day, for $16 you get to use different saunas, a jacuzzi and heated lamp seats which overlook the ocean, allowing one to relax completely. The shows were really good, especially Aladdin and the believe. If you love Disney you will love the shows.
Weather could not have been more perfect:) All in all a great incredible trip!

Did they show a movie one night instead of a show in the large theater? If so which movie?

Thinking of going on a Christmas cruise. Anyone been at that time of year, and what was it like?

So glad you had a good time. Waiting for more info. We just got off the Magic a week ago where we booked Dec 7, 2013 Western on the Fantasy. I'm so excited about going on the Fantasy!!

Yep, they showed the Avengers on Day 5 (Cozumel) in the Walt Disney Theatre in 3D.

That's awesome! We'll be on this time next week as well :cool1:

Want to see the Avengers and Brave. Hope they are both playing. I might call DCL later on in the week to see what's playing.

May I ask the cost for the dayroom at the Hyatt? Was it easy to get, or did they give you the runaround?

We are going to be there next month.

Thanks!

We r going on the Fantasy/western the 23rd....a little concerned with it being rainy season in gc and Mexico. How was the weather?

We will be on the June 23rd Western Fantasy cruise and are looking at the longterm weather reports for that area and it's looking rather rainy :confused:
I'm wondering if your forecast was the same? I know that it can rain a bit and then be beautiful out an hour later, but I'm hoping we don't hit a big storm front...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter