Just off Fantasy Western Apr 13-20 2013 [notes/trip report near end of thread]

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by jtkboston, Apr 20, 2013.

1. jtkboston

jtkboston hooked on cruising

Just off the ship. Fantastic week. Weather was good, no rain but some wind at Costa Maya and CC canceled some water-based excursions.
    I have Navigators I will scan and post after I get home.

Ship was cleared around 7:15. We got on the airport bus around 8:15 (not the first bus, we ate breakfast without rushing) and to MCO Terminal A around 9:05.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Buckeye218

Buckeye218 DVC Member since 2004

Glad you had a great time...we really enjoyed our Western last June. We will be leaving for the port in about 60 minutes and we'll take good care of her for you....just too bad about the stormy weather all day today in Port Canaveral.

4. chudson98

chudson98 Mouseketeer

Welcome home! Can't wait to see your navigators. :)

I was wondering if you did any excursions? We are cruise soon and were wondering if you had any you would recommend? :cool1:

5. jtkboston

I did Chacchoben ruins at Costa Maya--interesting for adults, would probably bore kids.
    In Cozumel, I swam with dolphins (Dolphinaris) with the 10 & 7 year old kids. 7-year old was a bit nervous, and chilly in the pool, but she enjoyed it anyway. We bought a few pictures (not cheap but great pics).
    In Castaway Cay, all 4 of us did the stingray adventure (got the first time slot at 10am), that was fun.

6. Lidiad27

Lidiad27 Earning My Ears

Welcome Back! Who was your Cruise Director?

7. jtkboston

Brent (the Aussie)

8. robhawk

robhawk DIS Veteran

Welcome back! You picked a great week to be away from Boston!
    Glad you had a good time!

9. chudson98

chudson98 Mouseketeer

Thanks! :thumbsup2

10. jtkboston

Yeah, we followed the news occasionally. Lots of New England families aboard, it was our school April break.
    My 7yo saw another student from her elementary school (250 students) on the bus back to MCO today.

11. disneychic

disneychic DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see the Navigators! Also, thanks for posting airport arrival time. I was wondering how early people can actually get there. After 13 Disney Cruises this is the first time we are flying home directly from the ship (we usually go to WDW for a few days but this year we are going to WDW before the cruise).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12. Lollipop's Mom

Lollipop's Mom <font color=teal>Special trip with your little one

We do this cruise in one week! How was the water temp at castaway?

13. robhawk

robhawk DIS Veteran

We always go February vacation. It's always loaded with New England people too!

14. mdurette

mdurette DIS Veteran

I just returned today also. Two adults and 7YO

The cruise director - he mentioned that this was his last cruise. After 13 years he was leaving Disney.

For Port Adventures, we did:
    Grand Cayman: Beach break at Tiki Beach. It was just ok - it wasn't a lot of money so I didn't expect much. The water wasn't clear and the water had a lot of dead coral so it made it hard to really play in the water. The beach was clean and had a nice bar.

Costa Maya: Salsa and Salsa Beach Break. We had fun, it was something different. Taxi ride back was an adventure - wild drivers. The beach here was amazing. Crystal clear blue waters - clean - but I couldn't find any areas for a quick sand wash off with a shower after (but I didn't look hard either).

Cozumel: Cozumel Beach Break. We enjoyed this. A trip to Playa Mia Beach Grand Beach and Water Park. It included lunch (Mexican buffet) and some drinks. Very clean. Also had a nice outdoor pool and small water park. I would recommend for people with kids that like pools instead of the ocean.

Castaway Cay: OMG we had a cabana - never in my life would I have ever thought that this overpriced shack would be worth the money - but it was. Mainly because you have a whole section of CC beach reserved for only Cabana guests - it was like having your own piece of CC. We also did the bike ride. That was fun too!

We made it to MCO around 9:45. Way too early for our 2:20 flights - but I too afraid to do the 10:45 flight and the 2:20 was the next nonstop to PVD.

15. disneychic

disneychic DIS Veteran

SHUT UP!!!!!!! Does anyone else here on the DIS know anything about this? Is Brent leaving DCL???

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

16. mdurette

mdurette DIS Veteran

This is what he said at the last evening. I also noticed all the "time to get off the ship announcements" this morning were made by a woman.

17. sesame_123

sesame_123 Mouseketeer

Well this is interesting. We sail on May 4th and someone on our meet thread received an email to his inquiries including our cruise director and it stated Brent is scheduled to be the director for our sailing.

18. jtkboston

I couldn't tell from his patter during the late show on the last night if he was leaving Disney, or just joking about it since he was making fun of lots of things.

19. Lidiad27

Lidiad27 Earning My Ears

Could it be that it is his last tour? Someone mentioned that he just got back from vacation. (Brent)

20. Im_A_Princess

Im_A_Princess PLATINUM - Woo Hoo!

NO!
    This needs it's own thread!
    Say it ain't so!

21. eyesing4u

eyesing4u DVC Member

I hope it was a joke. Brent is my favorite.