Just off Fantasy. Interesting experiences!

Aquaduck was open but closed for Muster drill. No new magic bands at kids club- same GPS trackers as last year. No plans to bring Magic bands in anytime soon apparently. Deck party- I assume you mean the Pirate party? It was the day we were in St. Maarten (tuesday. I don't eat dessert for breakfast, so I wasn't looking but certainly I don't remember seeing anything other than donuts at breakfast.

Thanks for the information! We went on a Christmas cruise several years ago on the Magic and they had a dessert buffet on Christmas Day. I was just wondering if they had the same thing on all of the holiday cruises. The deck the deck party is supposed to be on all holiday cruises as well but not sure what time period is considered "holiday".

According to my Navigators from last week:

King Triton's Tree Lighting Decree was at 7:30 on Saturday.

I can find nothing about Deck the Deck, but my Monday hourly schedule is missing for some reason. I have all other Navigators, though.

FWIW, they didn't turn the boat around on the last sea day to go to Turks & Caicos. They just diverted our path. T&C was between us and CC when the emergency came up. I sat on our verandah watching for a while as we approached Grand Turk, but wasn't able to stick around and watch them launch the lifeboat that took the patient ashore.

we recently came off of a two week b2b and we had pretzels every day. they were at the pizza station place. they had melted butter and cinnamon sugar out so you could flavor them up. they were in the shape of mickey heads and were very good.

Oooohhhh, now that makes sense. I was thinking regular old crunchy pretzels. Thought it was a strange thing to be excited about. :goodvibes

Interesting, I guess I never thought of this, is the Aquaduck heated? I assumed that both it and the pools would be.

The wind was pretty strong the first two days, including in port, so it didn't matter if Aquaduck was heated or not. You have to stand out in the open, and then the wind pushes up through the funnel once you're out of the direct wind. It was chilly while I stood in the line before muster, and there were kids who had done it a couple of times who were shivering.

I don't remember if the Bridge Report gave the temperature of Aquaduck or not, but the different pool temps were definitely reported on the Bridge Report screen, and the temperature tended to be around 79-82* F.

When did they do the gingerbread house making? Do you need to sign up in advance or is it something you just show up for? We leave next Saturday!!

Not the OP, however I can chime in as I just got off the Dream yesterday!

You will need to register at Guest Services (I'd suggest as soon as you board) and then you'll be given the times available and then you'll be issued a ticket. You'll present the ticket when you enter Animators for the fun!

I also did this last December on the Fantasy with my Mom last year and it worked the same way, however I'm not sure when it was offered or if they've changed the times since it's been a year.

It's a great time - have fun! :santa:

Heather

Can someone with Navigators from the Fantasy cruise last week look and see for sure if the gingerbread house making is on Sunday or Monday?

I'm trying to make a list of all I have to sign up for once on board, trying to balance that with our Palo/Remy brunch reservations. As much as I can plan in advance the better.

disneymagicgirl said:
Pretzels on the last sea day? My husband loves pretzels, but I think I am missing something here. :confused3

I think the OP is referring to the cream cheese stuffed pretzels that are out of this world.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Can someone with Navigators from the Fantasy cruise last week look and see for sure if the gingerbread house making is on Sunday or Monday?

I'm trying to make a list of all I have to sign up for once on board, trying to balance that with our Palo/Remy brunch reservations. As much as I can plan in advance the better.

My wife's was scheduled for Sunday at 9 am. She didn't make it.

Just got off the Fantasy on the 11/30 sailing and when we went to sign up for Gingerbread House decorating, the cast member told us there were no reservations. Some nice woman on the guest services line, got out of the line and handed us her gingerbread ticket reservation- She said she booked something else and could no longer make it. We were elated! What a sweetheart! We were able to take her reservation and had the 10:45 slot on a sea day at Animators Palate. It was really a fun experience. We (my sister, myself and two small children) had an entire table to ourselves and there were a lot of empty tables. (I was told by one of the staff that a lot of people sign up and just don't show up, which is kind of messed up for the people who really want to do it). The place was not full at all. The entertainment staff as well as one of the cruise pastry chefs are there giving instructions and tips on how to decorate your house. You then get to keep your decorated house which we kept in one of our staterooms.

To answer some of the questions above, I did not see any special desserts during the day. On pirate night, there was a late night buffet in Cabanas and there were some desserts out which looked really good. They had steak fajitas, chicken fajitas, guacamole, salsa, chicken and other goodies out. It was cute that they had watermelon carvings with different pirate faces.

I also heard about the medical emergencies on the ship. Our waiter told us that someone had collapsed with a heart-related issue outside of the Royal Table restaurant and the other issue was someone had fell and had a head injury that couldn't be treated on board. (I'm just relating what I heard from our waiter, so I am not 100% sure if thats accurate) I felt so bad for the people/families, it didn't matter if we were delayed or late for our other stops, we were just praying they were all ok.

As far as the lines for the princesses, I am in agreement with a lot of the previous posts. What was frustrating is waiting in line for 15 minutes and having a cast member come up to you saying, I'm sorry but we're closing the line. We did hear some people getting a little nasty and kids crying but but we just took it in stride. I do feel that could be a little better managed. Also, we saw no Ariel the entire trip for photo opps. Maybe I overlooked something, but my sister mentioned it as well. She may have been out the last night for the final farewell lobby event, but I didn't see her at all during the cruise. Peter Pan was out a lot by the Disney theater and he was cute, running up to people and surprising them. All the kids and even adults loved it.

Also, didn't realize how many people decorate their doors! Saw some very cute cabin doors with some great Christmas decorations. Very cute, have to do this for the next time I cruise.

Can someone with Navigators from the Fantasy cruise last week look and see for sure if the gingerbread house making is on Sunday or Monday? I'm trying to make a list of all I have to sign up for once on board, trying to balance that with our Palo/Remy brunch reservations. As much as I can plan in advance the better.

It was on Monday. I just looked in my travel journal.

How long was the entire thing? My DD wants to do this and decided she wants dad to take her :worried:... ok so I decided to look at the bright side and book a spa treatment for myself instead of going.

It was about 90 minutes start to finish.
There were a couple of dads in there with their daughters. It would be a nice bonding thing for your husband and daughter.

How do you find when the tea is? We are going on fantasy in February. I was looking at the activity sign up area and didn't see the tea mentioned anywhere

How do you find when the tea is? We are going on fantasy in February. I was looking at the activity sign up area and didn't see the tea mentioned anywhere

I read about it here on the DISBoard, emailed shoreside concierge and reserved our spots a few months before we sailed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter