Just off Disney Fantasy - anything you want to know?

HappilyEverAfter80

DIS Veteran
We cruised Oct 15-22 and had a great time. Choppy seas 2 nights but overall great weather.
If anyone has any questions I can try to answer them while the cruise is still fresh in my mind :)

Welcome home! We travel on the Fantasy for Easter 20177. Just wondering.....did you stop in Jamaica or was that cancelled due to you Stars Wars Day at Sea?

Welcome home! We travel on the Fantasy for Easter 20177. Just wondering.....did you stop in Jamaica or was that cancelled due to you Stars Wars Day at Sea?

We did stop in Falmouth Jamaica.
The Star Wars day at sea is only on the Jan-April cruises as far as I know.

We are going in May! Can't wait!! We are doing eastern Caribbean though. Want characters did you see? What character meals did they offer/what days?
Hope you had an amazing time!

Each day there was a list of characters.. There were lots we didn't see but I know they had:
All the Princesses, Fab 5, Woody, Jessie, chip & dale, Jack Skillington (probably only on the Halloween cruises), Disney Junior characters, Stitch, Tinker Bell, Captain Hook & Mr Smee, Peter Pan, Jack Sparrow.
On pirate night the characters wore pirate gear. On our Halloween cruise they also wore Halloween outfits. You can also pre-book character experiences with the princesses and Frozen sisters.
The only character breakfast we had was Disney Junior with Mickey, doc Mcstuffins, Jake and Sophia. You can also prebook this when your activities open. The breakfast on the western was on the first sea day and grand Cayman day. I'm assuming that on eastern they will offer it first 2 sea days.

Each day there was a list of characters.. There were lots we didn't see but I know they had:
All the Princesses, Fab 5, Woody, Jessie, chip & dale, Jack Skillington (probably only on the Halloween cruises), Disney Junior characters, Stitch, Tinker Bell, Captain Hook & Mr Smee, Peter Pan, Jack Sparrow.
On pirate night the characters wore pirate gear. On our Halloween cruise they also wore Halloween outfits. You can also pre-book character experiences with the princesses and Frozen sisters.
The only character breakfast we had was Disney Junior with Mickey, doc Mcstuffins, Jake and Sophia. You can also prebook this when your activities open. The breakfast on the western was on the first sea day and grand Cayman day. I'm assuming that on eastern they will offer it first 2 sea days.
Great! thank you! My kids will love all that!

Your thoughts on the food?

Not sure the age of your kids. Mine will be 6 and 8 at time of sailing (December). Any special kid's club activities not to be missed?

Your thoughts on the food?

Not sure the age of your kids. Mine will be 6 and 8 at time of sailing (December). Any special kid's club activities not to be missed?

Mine is right around your kids ages', loved the kids clubs. Closer to 8 he preferred the Oceaners "Lab" to the "Club" side- more geared towards kids over 6 I would say. He loved just being in the club having fun and playing games, but he did mention a few organized activities he loved. Loved the detective series, there are different ones listed each day. Also loved the Anyone can Cook series and Super Sloppy Science.

As for the food... I generally liked the food. I think even if you are picky you will find something. Cabanas was great for breakfast and lunch although chaotic. You can also to go Royal Court or another MDR they list for breakfast and lunch. Much more leisurely. We only did this once though as they would close for breakfast at 9:30 as opposed to Cabanas which had breakfast until 11 I think. We usually left our room around 9:30...
I will say I wasn't crazy about some of the menus including Captain's Gala and Prince and Princess - but that's just me. I just didn't see many options that I liked, it's not to say the food was bad. Overall it was good. Good to Excellent.
If your kids are picky they can always get Mac and Cheese, chicken fingers or pizza. My son does enjoy different things like pastas and steaks though so he was ok with the majority of the menu, even ordering from the adults menu a couple of times.
Not sure if I answered your question about the food, if there is something specific you are wondering let me know.

My kids will be 5 and 10 when we go. I'm hoping they LOVE the kids club! I can't see how not....

My kids will be 5 and 10 when we go. I'm hoping they LOVE the kids club! I can't see how not....
They most likely will! Especially the 5 year old.
At 10 your older one will be closer to the tween club age (11-13 I think) so I would be interested to learn what he/she thinks of the oceanear lab/club.
I heard some 10 year olds feel they are too old for it... Others love it.

I wanted to add to my post... We had the full multi-page navigators and did have the new pirate night menu.
Our server said more MDR menus will be changing.

They most likely will! Especially the 5 year old.
At 10 your older one will be closer to the tween club age (11-13 I think) so I would be interested to learn what he/she thinks of the oceanear lab/club.
I heard some 10 year olds feel they are too old for it... Others love it.
My tour book says the kids club is 3-12, so I'm hoping she finds some kids around her age there. She's used to being the oldest around her cousins and plays well with younger kids so I think it will work fine. She will be newly 10 too. Hopefully she doesn't find out she is old enough to check herself in and out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter