Just not feeling it.. .

PudgetteD

DIS Veteran
We leave in less than a month for a week at ASMo and for the very first time, I'm just not getting into it. Usually by now I'm packed, have my green paint chip Mickey heads laminated and on all bags, including one for the van window and resort window, have my park bag packed, maps marked, ADR #s laminated, etc. and counting down the seconds until we actually leave. Can't seem to get in the mood this year. This trip is entirely for DS11 (because his sister17 got to go to Italy on a Latin trip in June ) and WDW is where he wanted to go. He picked the resort and the restaurants and it's pretty much gonna be a "whatever he wants to do whenever he wants to do it" trip. I was very excited about it earlier and don't know what happened. :confused3Anyone have any tips to get me back in the mood? Thanks!

Oh no! You need pixiedust: STAT!!! ;)

I'm sorry you're not feeling it yet. Here are some suggestions I'd try to get me in the Disney mood.

1. Watch Finding Nemo - my favorite, feel-good Disney movie.
2. Read the menus from my favorite restaurants/places I plan to eat while there.
3. Watch youtube videos of my favorite rides.
4. Look at pictures/videos from past trips.

Hope your excitement starts to build soon! :)

I sometimes get that way right before a trip. I think it's because I'm in denial about actually getting to GO. I get very excited the night before (that's also when I start to pack :rolleyes1)

Looking at my old pictures and videos really helps. Maybe talk to your DS about what he's excited about, what you can do together, and what you're most looking forward to?

I hope the magic kicks in for you very soon!

We took a disney Cruise this month and now all I want to do is research my next cruise instead of planning this awesome WDW vacation Oct. 1st. I know once we get down there we will have a great time. The Food and Wine fest will be going on and Disney always puts you in a good mood. As the previous poster said, look at your vacation pics and planning material to get yourself back into planning mode! Plan something yourself so you don't feel like it is someone else's vacation.

DISFRIENDS ARE THE BEST!! :hug: I knew I could count on you for great ideas! DS and DH are at Scouts right now but I'm kinda excited about asking him if he wants to take the monorail to the Poly one morning for Tonga Toast, something we've not done before. Should have known food would do it for me! Oh, and I totally forgot :rolleyes1 about Food and Wine. . . I must have really been in a state! Thanks for the great suggestions. I'm beginning to feel the pixie dust. . .

I'm in a slump to. There is just so much going on right now. I did get my girls packed. My dh is just about packed. I just need to pack. Still haven't put tags on the luggage and still need to get to walmart to get a bunch of stuff. I will have to get it done this week since we leave next Friday! I won't have time next week since Wednesday and Thursday we are doing hair cuts.

Sounds like you're in some kind of trip-funk.

You've been a few times so your subconscious is anticipating a repetition of
some previous trip.

It's happened to me too. However, once you have everything planned all
you have to do is enjoy. I don't care how many times a person goes there's
bound to be something different. I suspect once your travel date is here you'll just get excited because your it's time to go and there's no more waiting. How's that for a diagnosis...:cutie:

Relax and enjoy. You're going to the happiest place after all...;) :banana: :yay:

I'm in a slump to. There is just so much going on right now. I did get my girls packed. My dh is just about packed. I just need to pack. Still haven't put tags on the luggage and still need to get to walmart to get a bunch of stuff. I will have to get it done this week since we leave next Friday! I won't have time next week since Wednesday and Thursday we are doing hair cuts.

Happy to share some of my newly discovered pixie dust with you!!! Sometimes I think we just get so caught up in everyday "have-to-do" things that it's difficult to find time to squeeze in others. Hope you and your family have a safe and wonderful vacation!!!

Awww, hoping you feel some pixie dust and magic soon! I sort of know how you feel but for different reasons. DH and I have gone to WDW at least once, if not more every year since our honeymoon in 2003. This is our first trip with DS 11 mo (we leave a week from tomorrow!) and I have had some serious worry moments. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited but DS had been a very colicky baby up until about 6 weeks ago (thank God, almost all his first 8 teeth are in now so that has helped a TON) and we have just been so used to go, go, go sort of trips. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a horrible mommy! I promise I LOVE my little man! I am very happy to take him and I know that it will be a totally different "follow baby's needs" trip- I have just had some times where I freaked out about how different this will be for mommy, daddy AND baby! However, once I tell myself to chill out and I begin thinking about DH and I seeing my sweet little guy take in Disney, I feel the tears well up! :lovestruc

Another fun thing I like to do in preparation for our trips is to just ask whoever I am going with things like, "What are you most looking forward to?" and "What's one thing you can't wait to eat?"

Hope you have a GREAT vacation! :wizard:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:fire up!!!! Just start packing and laying things out, I think the task of packing (or whatever else you do before you go) can be daunting, once you get started, you will get excited!:banana:

Sounds like everyone has it covered for you but I'm going to add a suggestion too...listen to Disney music! Find it online, get a CD, call Disney and ask to be put on hold if all else fails! Nothing puts you in the mood like hearing the Splash Mountain Medly or the soundtrack from the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc. Planning a Disney vacation is stressful (because our expectations are so high and we want everything just right!) and music can be soothing and exciting at the same time!

My family (DH, DS13, DS8) also play a game we picked up on from my sister's family. It's called "I'm thinking of a Place" and one person has to think of a place at Disney...it can be any place from an attraction to a water fountain at a particular place. Then we all take turns asking one question at a time while the person whose turn it is answers yes or no (just like 20 questions). It goes on until we finally guess the place. It's crazy some of the places you remember!

It sounds like you're well on your way to turning the excitment level up a notch...don't stress about it, it will come! I wish you a safe and magical vacation!!!! :)

Well, I can't say that I have ever not been excited for a trip...to Disney or anywhere...but I think everyones suggestions are great! Sounds like your DD is not going?? Is that why you are not excited?? I'm planning a trip this December for me and my DS, 14, because my other DS, 16, is going to Disney and US with the HS marching band to perform. So I want to watch them of course...and I am VERY excited about it. But it will also be odd to make the trip and not actually be traveling with my older son. I'll bet you DDs trip to Italy was amazing...we went in June also and I absolutely loved it!!

We leave in less than a month for a week at ASMo and for the very first time, I'm just not getting into it. Usually by now I'm packed, have my green paint chip Mickey heads laminated and on all bags, including one for the van window and resort window, have my park bag packed, maps marked, ADR #s laminated, etc. and counting down the seconds until we actually leave. Can't seem to get in the mood this year. This trip is entirely for DS11 (because his sister17 got to go to Italy on a Latin trip in June ) and WDW is where he wanted to go. He picked the resort and the restaurants and it's pretty much gonna be a "whatever he wants to do whenever he wants to do it" trip. I was very excited about it earlier and don't know what happened. :confused3Anyone have any tips to get me back in the mood? Thanks!

I usually don't get excited before the week before the vacation! My mother is the same way! I went on a trip with her before, and she always packs real quick, and is excited when the tickets and tags come! I'm different for some reason, I always get REALLY excited when I'm actually on the plane! :laughing:

But i suggest maybe, watching some Disney movies, or sometimes there is Disney Trivia Games, even look around on the DIS.... that could help maybe hearing people's good experiences! I say pretty much anything Disney :goodvibes Hope this helps! Have a great trip!

I've gone through that a few times with this trip. I think it happens from too much planning. The easiest way I've found to make it go away... mouseworldradio.com. Seriously. Listen to it for an hour and you will be excited to go again.

Our trip is a little over a month away and all i want to do is pack and go but my parents who r also goin with us dont seem to be as happy. they just came from there mini vaca there labor day. i'm sure they will start to get more excited as the day comes closer. same as u. watch all the disney movies u can and listen to some of the music. remember u will b very excited when the time comes.:cloud9:

We leave in less then 24hr and this is the first time I am not packed and full of excitment...and it bugs me.

I am taking our DD and her friend for the big 18th birthday but it's only a girl's trip.... so leaving Hubby and DS home. I think that is why I am not totally into it yet. My DH isn't a huge disney nut like us girls so he is HAPPY to stay home but it's hard.
I know my DD deserves her own special time/trips with mom so I am trying to put on the cheerful smile.

What a great place to take my DD for her Brithday...
I take her down as a teen... and return her as an Adult...
And Disney is the magic where it will happen.

See you all at the Castle..

Music music music!!!!!! Always gets me pumped for our next trip-whenever it may be!:cool1::cool1:

I get like that too....but then I'm a goal oriented person and so I set my sights on the goal, plan plan plan and then when I get to the goal I'd set for myself (in this case the planning of the vacation) I'm kind of blah and ready to move on LOL This year is a bit different since they came out with 2011 FD dates already and I booked that vacation....LOL So now I kind of overlapped goals, maybe that'll help.

I'm determined to try and keep my momentum this year....I've gotten everyones MNSSHP tickets, costumes...etc and I'm really really really looking forward to F&W Festival again, seeing how I've had no appetite for the past month or so, I know I'll be able to find many things there to eat :) and enjoy.

My oldest DD has been playing all our Disney movies this past week too....which helps. And listening to our Disney music....especially the sounds of the park songs and the Soarin theme :)

I'm feeling the pre-vacation funk a bit, too. I think it's the change in routine going from summer to school...the endless to-do list for before we leave (on Saturday :) )...and the fact that I still have to be medically cleared by my Dr. on Thursday. That's the biggie. I don't want to get my hopes up and then not be able to go :sad2:

That said, last night I did my online check in, printed out the adr's and itinerary. :cool1: Making kids trip journals today should be fun, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter