Just never made it!!!

U

Unregistered

Has anyone ever had to cancel a trip and fall back on the insurance? Our family was on its maden voyage to WDW when our flight was canceled halfway into the trip. We were stranded in Dallas TX and had to spend the night in the airport due to all Hotels & Rental cars being booked up. Our airline said they wouldnt be able to get us on a flight until 2 days later and that would be if the weather didnt get worse. We ended up spending 3 rainy days in Dallas, finally got a rental car and drove home (no flights available back home). We were all very disappointed and now get to deal with the insurance company to get a refund. Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem and could give a few pointers. Thanks in advance!!!

I don't have any info regarding the insurance...but that must have really stunk for all of you. :headache: Hope the process is quick and painless and you get to WDW soon!

Maggie

oh my... what a horrible way to spend what should of been an amazing time!! i certainly hope you make it back there soon!!!

So sorry, I have no idea but keep us posted it will be interesting to see if you are reimbursed. Was it the insurance that you are offered directly thru Disney?

It was one of those stories you hear about but just never knew anyone that it happened to. The kids were so bummed and that what made me and the wife upset more than anything. We got a packet from the insurance company and it stated in there if you havent heard from us in 30 DAYS, call us. Not sounding so good. I did buy the insurance through Disney and if the out come is good I will always buy it. If it works out it will save us a bundle. Dont know when the next trip will be, hopefully soon!

:sad1: I figured I should register on here! Think I did at one time, just to many passwords now a day to remember!

So sorry to hear what you went through! I hope your dealings with the insurance comapny go as smoothly as possible and you are able to get to WDW very soon!

Sorry to hear about your trip. I believe they will refund your money since it was weather related. We were stuck in DC when they cancelled our flight due to the staff on the plane had too many hours???? That was not a reason so they refunded nothing for the return flight. We rented a car for almost $300.
for one night to ride the rest of the way to Philly.

Sorry to hear about your trouble on your vacation Tink. Sure makes what is supposed to be a great time not so great. I dont blame the airlines for the canceled flight, that was all mother nature. I do blame them for not being able to get people on flights sooner. One couple flying to California was told it would be 4 days before they could get them on a flight. You would think they would just have better ways of dealing with delayed and canceled flights!

Wow, that must have been so disappointing! I hope you are able to get your money back so you can start planning another trip really soon!

Sure you didn't have fun, better luck next time.

The airlines in refunding part of the flight. We started out from Tucson, AZ stoping in Dallas, TX and then going on to Orlando, Fl. They got us stranded in Dallas and dont want to refund Tucson to Dallas. Yes we did make that part of the flight but that was not our destination. Seems to me that it would be good customer relations to refund the hole flight! I guess they dont need good customer relations though!!!!

Still waiting on a response from the airlines on the remainder of our refund. Yesterday we had a partial credit on the card of $1300. There is still about $3500 outstanding. Not sure if it was the insurance company or Disney that gave us the $1300. Gonna look into that today. I will keep you all informed on what happens next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter