Just me and my 2 little kids- will they let 3 of us sit together on all the rides?

HeatherSue

I am going to be at the parks with just my kids who are 3 and 6. I was just wondering which rides we won't be able to sit together on?

Will they let 3 people sit together in Dumbo? How about Thunder Mountain? I'd hate to wait in line only to find out we can't ride on something!

If there is a thread somewhere that discusses this, feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks!!

There are several rides that only fit 2 across but then again I am not sure if your 3 year old will be tall enough (or want) ride some of them. Big Thunder Mountain, Rockin' Rollercoaster, Expedition Everest sit 2 across. You may all get to ride in the same car but not sit in the same seat. Same with TSM and Buzz - I think. Tricera Top Spin and Dumbo I would think the 6 year old could sit in the front and you and the 3 year old could sit in the back - so again same car but not same seat. You can always ask the CM at the beginning of the line or look at the ride to see if it is possible.

We (DD, DW, and myself) all sat in the same row for Splash, Thunder mountain. DD and I both rode in the same Dumbo elephant with Stitch. So I would imagine you all should fit.

They will let you seat 3 across on Dumbo for sure because they wanted to seat me and my 2 DDs (12 and 7) together...yeah right. I've seen 3 sitting together in one seat on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad too. Most of the other rides except Splash Mtn., Rock n' Roller Coaster, etc. will let you seat 3 as well.

I took my two oldest to Disney by myself in March. They were 8 and 7 at the time. I am not a little skinny girl or quite pooh sized either but we were able to fit just fine on most rides three across. In TSM we were two on one side and one on the other of a two sided car so that everyone could have a gun. On buzz they rode in the vehicle in front of me. We also separated for Everest as you are only allowed two across and no more and for astro orbiter.

Other than that we always sat together including on Splash and thunder mountain. We even rode together on the Indy speedway ride, but that was pretty comical lol. Neither of them were tall enough to ride on their own though and I was the only adult lol.

Most of the rides you can squeeze 3 on, especially if they're children. Plus, if a CM sees you are alone with little ones they'll hopefully make an acception if they can.

I agree that most are going to accomodate the 3 orf you, but on thre ones that won't why not just put the 6 year ol on the next seat by himself? I know my DD6 would be fine to ride alone, and you are not likely to be seperated at the end of the ride.

Most of the other rides except Splash Mtn., Rock n' Roller Coaster, etc. will let you seat 3 as well.

Splash will let you sit three to a row - heck, the CMs let two overweight line jumpers wedged themselves into the front of a log with my 16 year old daughter (who had asked to sit in the front, as not to get squished between me and my overweight mother) so one parent with two small kids should fit just fine!

My DD would NOT have sat alone at 6, she is not that independant! You can all go on TSMM and Buzz together, one would just have to sit in the middle with no gun. We've done it.

I went for a day trip with my DD and autistic DS to HS, the only thing we couldn't sit together on was RnRC, so I put the two of them together and ended up with a single rider with me behind them.

Thank you all so much! As you can probably see from my ticker my trip is coming up really quick and I hadn't considered the possibility that we might be split up on rides! My 6 year DD has always been clingy and wouldn't like sitting away from me. But, it sounds like it'll work out okay.

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate your help!

Thunder Mountain is actually a much more enjoyable ride to me with three. No sliding side to side in the seat on those curves. :) We rode three across with my 8yo, me and 11yo. Also with me, my 14 yo and 8 yo. RNR coaster is the only thin I can think of that would be a problem, and I doubt your little one would want to ride that anyway. Have a great trip. We are having with drawls this week, Hmmm. . . this time last week we were leaving the Contemporary after watching Hallowishes fromt he 4th floor balcony and eating at Chef Mickey's :sad:

i have been worried about the very same thing...I am going with my very skinny (but tall) 8 yr old ds, and very very very tiny tiny skinny 6 year old dd. I, however, am not skinny, and am closer to pooh sized than not. sigh. I am thinking that they are so super skinny, however, that we are hopefully going to be ok on splash, btmrr, peterpan, winnie the pooh and nemo

i have been worried about the very same thing...I am going with my very skinny (but tall) 8 yr old ds, and very very very tiny tiny skinny 6 year old dd. I, however, am not skinny, and am closer to pooh sized than not. sigh. I am thinking that they are so super skinny, however, that we are hopefully going to be ok on splash, btmrr, peterpan, winnie the pooh and nemo

:rotfl2: I was thinking the same thing! Since both of my kids are so skinny, maybe that will make up for my "slight" wide-ness! :thumbsup2

Are you allowed to sit One per car also? For example my two boys will probably want a Dumbo each, rather than sit together. Is this allowed on rides, or do CM's make sure that all available seats are filled, and force you together?

Thanks for asking this! I am going to WDW in 9 days (woohoo!) with my 3-yo and (almost) 6-yo. My mother will be joining us for part of the trip, but I'll be on my own for the rest, so this is great info to have!

Back in 2005, when my DD8 was 4 at the time, my DSis and I took her on BTMRR and sat her between the 2 of us and we were all very comfortable. She then went on Splash with my DH and DSis. That same year I also sat with both DD4 and DD2 on Dumbo....just make sure your youngest sits in the middle between you and your 6 yr. old. You will probably have a tough time sitting all together in Buzz and TSM because there is only 2 shooters, unless you don't care if you shoot.

Back in 2005, when my DD8 was 4 at the time, my DSis and I took her on BTMRR and sat her between the 2 of us and we were all very comfortable. She then went on Splash with my DH and DSis. That same year I also sat with both DD4 and DD2 on Dumbo....just make sure your youngest sits in the middle between you and your 6 yr. old. You will probably have a tough time sitting all together in Buzz and TSM because there is only 2 shooters, unless you don't care if you shoot.

I don't mind at all if I don't get to shoot- so that would be great! I usually spend the whole time watching my kid's expressions and trying to get pictures of them anyway! :lmao:
--------

I still look pretty much like my picture, so I guess I'm good! My hair is shorter, though. ;)

On the rides that seat 2, you can do the reverse chuck bubba.

Tell the attendant that you need to ride with each kid. They will let kid #2 wait, while you ride with kid #1. Then you get to ride again with kid #2.

I am going to be at the parks with just my kids who are 3 and 6. I was just wondering which rides we won't be able to sit together on?

Will they let 3 people sit together in Dumbo? How about Thunder Mountain? I'd hate to wait in line only to find out we can't ride on something!

If there is a thread somewhere that discusses this, feel free to point me in the right direction. Thanks!!

On most of the rides it shouldn't be a problem. Is your 3yo tall enough to ride Thunder Mountain?

On the rides that seat 2, you can do the reverse chuck bubba.

Tell the attendant that you need to ride with each kid. They will let kid #2 wait, while you ride with kid #1. Then you get to ride again with kid #2.

But, who "watches" the child that is waiting? She's going alone. Do CM's watch small children while thier parents are riding?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter