• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just married buttons

RetroPopArt

Earning My Ears
Are they still giving these out? I heard a rumor they weren't anymore and it makes me sad.

We're a 40 yr old couple who just got married (1st time for both of us) and will be honeymooning Dec 10-17 this year. We want to wear the buttons. If they don't have them there, I was thinking maybe we could score some online (ebay?) before the trip.

tonya.

Hi Tonya & Congratulations on your marriage!

It's been a bit of a bone of contention getting the just married buttons, as the parks seem to be out of them, but rumour has it that they have a ton of them at Disney Quest!

Hope that helps!

Hey!
I was just in Disney this pass weekend... My fiance and I both received the Happily Ever After buttons from the TTC... and my mom found some in down town disney!

Just Married buttons are very rare nowadays. I was told by a CM that they were discontinued but would eventually be back. In it's place are the Happily Ever After buttons!

I magaged to snag 2 Just Married buttons in September at Guest Relations at MK.

If you really want the buttons, I recommend buying them off eBay as they are truly tough to find at the World.

Congrats and enjoy your trip!

Hi Tonya & Congratulations on your marriage!

It's been a bit of a bone of contention getting the just married buttons, as the parks seem to be out of them, but rumour has it that they have a ton of them at Disney Quest!

Hope that helps!

This is true, we were there last week and in friday 14th we went into Disney Quest and where they serve food they had at least 3 on display in the counter and the CM said they had loads more in the back :thumbsup2

Okay, we just got married at DW on Oct 7th. We went to Guest Relations in the Magic Kingdom and scored two Just Married buttons. We walked across Main Street to the gift shop that is right next to Tony's Town Square, it's called Box Office gifts. The lady at the counter where you can get any gift card you wanted printed had a whole drawer full of Just Married buttons.

Hope that helps!

We decided not to risk it, and didn't want to run around asking for them so found a couple on Ebay for something like $.99 each ... well, with shipping around $3.50-$4 each. I don't think it's a bad deal for what you might get by wearing them :goodvibes

Thank you everyone for your posts and tips!

tonya.

After much research I found out why the "Just Married" button has been discontinued.

Since the button has Cinderella and The Prince on it and it's a man and a woman its not all inclusive. Also since not all marriages are legal they don't want to offend.

Having said that, I found buttons on EBay. My wedding is March 17, 2012 and we are not staying on property since we have time share near Sea World....but we will be spending to e at the parks. :).

I know this thread is a few months old but any recent spotings? I'll be at WDW in two weeks for my honeymoon and would love the just married buttons! We will be at DTD our first day at guest relations getting our AFS tickets activated and buying a TIW card so I'll ask there. We are also going to DQ so I can see if they still have them there. I cant imagine to many people going to DQ asking for just married buttons:laughing:

Last month, my fiance and I were able to get two at Wilderness Lodge. I would definitely stop there if you get the chance!

Even though I bought a pair before we left for our trip and didn't have them on when we checked into our room at POFQ (Dec 10th), we received a pair from the cast member who checked us in. Was it worth all the trouble of wearing the pins? YES! Lots of congrats were given to us, we received champagne at Le Cellier with extra decoration on our deserts, ice cream desserts at a couple of restaurants, and I also believe it got us priority seating at a couple of dinners and rides. Would it be wrong to wear them again on our next trip? :rolleyes1

Even though I bought a pair before we left for our trip and didn't have them on when we checked into our room at POFQ (Dec 10th), we received a pair from the cast member who checked us in. Was it worth all the trouble of wearing the pins? YES! Lots of congrats were given to us, we received champagne at Le Cellier with extra decoration on our deserts, ice cream desserts at a couple of restaurants, and I also believe it got us priority seating at a couple of dinners and rides. Would it be wrong to wear them again on our next trip? :rolleyes1

lol

my wife and I had similar experiences. My fav was in a store in the magic kingdom. I dont recall the store name but behind the castle on the right (if the castle is behind you) is a store with the bean stalk. The cast member in there made a huge deal out of the buttons. She stopped her fellow cast members from taking money and began to shout. She announced our names and that we had just gotten married and got us a standing ovation from all the shoppers. It was quite funny.

Last month, my fiance and I were able to get two at Wilderness Lodge. I would definitely stop there if you get the chance!

We also were offered Just Married pins at the WL last month, but we turned them down because we were given some when we checked into the Polynesian the week before, and we didn't want to hog them :laughing:

lol

my wife and I had similar experiences. My fav was in a store in the magic kingdom. I dont recall the store name but behind the castle on the right (if the castle is behind you) is a store with the bean stalk. The cast member in there made a huge deal out of the buttons. She stopped her fellow cast members from taking money and began to shout. She announced our names and that we had just gotten married and got us a standing ovation from all the shoppers. It was quite funny.

When we were at Whispering Canyons a week after our wedding, the waiter made us stand up and he yelled to everyone "Hey, they just got married! Let's give them a round of applause for lasting a whole week!!" He told us to come back next week and let him know if we make it another week LOL! :rotfl:

The worst interaction we got with our pins was a stange CM at the TTC monorail who told us all about how he proposed to his girlfriend and she turned him down even though they have a kid together and his parents are divorced and most marriages end in divorce......but congratulations and good luck to us!!:scared1:

Our wedding is in July - do you still get the pins through DFTW or no? I'm debating on whether or not to buy them before we go!

Same here wedding in June. And going 2 days later, would really like to wear the pins. Saw them on ebay but not too many available and would be like $15 for 2 with shipping. Can you buy them online anywhere else besides ebay? or can you snag them someplace else online?

If we hadn't found them at Wilderness Lodge last month, we were just going to buy them off of Ebay. I really hope you are able to get them!

We got some last month front he front desk. The gentleman actually gave of one of every single button he had!

We got some last month front he front desk. The gentleman actually gave of one of every single button he had!

Can you only get them at WL or do other resorts have them as well? I plan to stay at AS Sports and not sure if we'll have time to stop by WL to get them if they still have any by June, or have any idea how far apart my resort and WL are either.

Can you only get them at WL or do other resorts have them as well? I plan to stay at AS Sports and not sure if we'll have time to stop by WL to get them if they still have any by June, or have any idea how far apart my resort and WL are either.

Pop had them a month ago. We had a few CM's tell us that most of the resorts still have them :)

If you are really worried, you could always post on the Attractions board and ask if anyone going on an upcoming trip could pick some up for you from their resort and you could offer to pay shipping for them to send it to you. There are alot of nice people on here who I'm guessing would be happy to help!!

Pop had them a month ago. We had a few CM's tell us that most of the resorts still have them :)

If you are really worried, you could always post on the Attractions board and ask if anyone going on an upcoming trip could pick some up for you from their resort and you could offer to pay shipping for them to send it to you. There are alot of nice people on here who I'm guessing would be happy to help!!

Good idea! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter