Just made my fp+ ever! Now I'm stressing about the next one

sersee05

DIS Veteran
I've been to disney numerous times...but first time I have ever utilized fp. I'm offsite so am doing the 30 day thing. It was very exciting! Haha. I just did ak. Was pretty easy but I'm hoping I can do all of it. I was kind of at the mercy of fp.

I got river rapids at 945-1045. Everest 1105-1205 and dinosaur at 1240-140. We are getting there at rope drop snd immediately going to the safari. Hopefully I have enough time to get to Rapids. ...tho not the end if world if we miss it. Trying to get to dinosaur at the beginning so we have time to eat lunch then go to 245 flights of wonder and 4pm lion king.

Tomorrow night I'm planning dhs.. .this is my most stressful. I'm trying to fit everything in. The frozen stuff is important to me. I'm debating about trying to hit toy story at rope drop...and fp ING the roller coaster. My kids can go on twice since Two of us don't ride it. I'm fping tot.

Then I run into my stress. .haha. I'm thinking of fp frozen and then getting star tours for my 4th ? Maybe it's not necessary..I just read this as a suggestion. I have to fit the stunt show and beauty and the beast in my day too. It looks like I can do the 430 stunt. I'm waiting to make adrs for dinner until I see my times. I just want to see frozen fireworks and the second f!

fp+ is the best, and if you keep your phone on you with the app open during your trip, you can always update and change your plans on the fly!

Just FYI if you like the Rapids, the line doesn't really start to build until a good hour into the day. We have many times gone to Safari first thing, then ridden KRR 3-5 times in a row with little wait. If you wanted to move your FP for this to overlap with your planned FoW show, you would still be guaranteed a ride around the FoW time, and you could almost certainly get a low-wait ride right after Safari so you'd have two chances. Then you could move your Everest and Dinosaur FP earlier by at least a half hour or more if you wanted.

ETA: When I say many times I mean in mid-late August, therefore with weather similar to yours and crowd levels similar or more crowded.

I've been to disney numerous times...but first time I have ever utilized fp. I'm offsite so am doing the 30 day thing. It was very exciting! Haha. I just did ak. Was pretty easy but I'm hoping I can do all of it. I was kind of at the mercy of fp.

I got river rapids at 945-1045. Everest 1105-1205 and dinosaur at 1240-140. We are getting there at rope drop snd immediately going to the safari. Hopefully I have enough time to get to Rapids. ...tho not the end if world if we miss it. Trying to get to dinosaur at the beginning so we have time to eat lunch then go to 245 flights of wonder and 4pm lion king.

Tomorrow night I'm planning dhs.. .this is my most stressful. I'm trying to fit everything in. The frozen stuff is important to me. I'm debating about trying to hit toy story at rope drop...and fp ING the roller coaster. My kids can go on twice since Two of us don't ride it. I'm fping tot.

Then I run into my stress. .haha. I'm thinking of fp frozen and then getting star tours for my 4th ? Maybe it's not necessary..I just read this as a suggestion. I have to fit the stunt show and beauty and the beast in my day too. It looks like I can do the 430 stunt. I'm waiting to make adrs for dinner until I see my times. I just want to see frozen fireworks and the second f!
You should have plenty of time to make Kali if you get to the park at rope drop. If you are at the gate about 20-30 minutes before park opening you should be able to finish Safari no later than 9:30 or so.

This is what is super confusing to me. I was given four options. The other 3 were kind of all over the place. I thought these were the only ones available? I read all the fp pages I could and I still find it confusing. If I change them, won't I lose almost of them? We have to do safari and everest. We also have to see lion king and fow. Those are the ones I don't want to miss. I can't just change one right?

I made mine at midnight on the first day I could make them and I have changed them all over and over. lol.

This is what is super confusing to me. I was given four options. The other 3 were kind of all over the place. I thought these were the only ones available? I read all the fp pages I could and I still find it confusing. If I change them, won't I lose almost of them? We have to do safari and everest. We also have to see lion king and fow. Those are the ones I don't want to miss. I can't just change one right?
I haven't made FP reservations in a while (get that pleasure in a few months) but my understanding is that you have to make the first three when you first reserve but then can make changes to any individual ones without impacting the others.

Ohhh great!!!..I will check that out. I kind of like the idea of moving everest and dinosaur up half an hour! And moving kali near fow...that's a good idea. I'm concerned about the safari. I will will have to be diligent at getting there at rd.

Last edited:
Thank you guys..I just went and looked and it's easy to move around!!

Would this make more sense..

I can move
Everest to 10:45-11:45
kali to 1:40-2:40. Then fow is at 245. Its about 15 minutes long right?
Dinosaur doesn't have earlier times. I'm going to have to sit down and look at all the fow times and maybe I can do it in the morning. .

When can I get the 4th fp.. when all mine are used? I wanted to try and get lion king just to make sure I can see.

Lol I thought once I did the fp ..I would not stress. ..lol I dreamt about it last night..

Thank you guys..I just went and looked and it's easy to move around!!

Would this make more sense..

I can move
Everest to 10:45-11:45
kali to 1:40-2:40. Then fow is at 245. Its about 15 minutes long right?
Dinosaur doesn't have earlier times. I'm going to have to sit down and look at all the fow times and maybe I can do it in the morning. .

When can I get the 4th fp.. when all mine are used? I wanted to try and get lion king just to make sure I can see.

Lol I thought once I did the fp ..I would not stress. ..lol I dreamt about it last night..

Flights of Wonder is about 15-20 minutes. Really good show. You can add a 4th FP after you've used your first three, so you'd want to add the 4th as soon as you ride Kali. I've never tried to add a FP for the shows so not sure what availability is like in the afternoon. If you get to the park at or before RD you should be able to ride both Safari and probably Everest without much wait. If you really want to ride Dinosaur you might do Safari first then walk over to Dinosaur and the wait should be minimal. Everest also has a single rider line that we always take advantage of -- you can often ride with minimal wait using the single rider line but your party won't get to ride together.

So if I have a fp but the line is minimal and I don't use it, do you just lose it?

There isn't much else in ak I would want to fp. I love fow!
I definitely like the idea of moving kali later.
Is it possible to do safari and then low wait times for everest? Then I could move Everest later too?

Last edited:
You might want to read this post on easywdw.com to get an idea of what the morning is like at Animal Kingdom if you arrive at RD - http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...-flame-tree-reopens-with-jamaican-jerk-63015/. You can get a lot done. The only park that I've found gets really crowded in a hurry is Hollywood Studios. Still should arrive before RD there too but Toy Story Mania and Rock n Roller Coaster get long lines in a hurry.

So if I have a fp but the line is minimal and I don't use it, do you just lose it?

When I started this thread I was stressed for you, because it didn't seem like you knew you could change the times. Glad someone helped you out there!! If you don't use your FP, you can go in and change it to something else OR let it expire and carry on with your day, but you can't make new ones until your 3rd is used or expired (and 4th has to be made on a kiosk in the park, NOT on the app, just in case you didn't know).

So, if you find a short line for one of your FPed rides/attractions, I'd suggest changing it to a different one right then since you can change the time too.

I hope that made sense!

Well, if the line is minimal you can ride without using your FP then ride again using FP but yes, if you don't use you lose, although you should be able to change it to a different ride as well. So if the line is minimal and you only want to ride once you can try to change the FP to a different ride (or show).

I did not know I could change times. That opened up a whole new world for me. .haha. can you change which ride you want to fp too? Or does it effect the others? I'm glad my very first experience is with ak though. Ak is easier to figure out what to fp. ...even though now I keep rearranging things in my mind. It's hard because you want to make the best use of it.
I do have the app on my phone..so at least I knew that. .lol. I also know I can give my kids my mb since my son and I don't ride everest.

I did not know I could change times. That opened up a whole new world for me. .haha. can you change which ride you want to fp too? Or does it effect the others? I'm glad my very first experience is with ak though. Ak is easier to figure out what to fp. ...even though now I keep rearranging things in my mind. It's hard because you want to make the best use of it.
I do have the app on my phone..so at least I knew that. .lol. I also know I can give my kids my mb since my son and I don't ride everest.
You can also change the ride and it doesn't affect the others unless the times overlap. Keep in mind though that at Epcot and Hollywood Studios you have the ride tiers issues, which makes booking more tricky.

Are your kids old enough to ride RnRC single-rider?

You might not need FPs for that if single-rider is an option.

You will most certainly make it to Kali unless you get trapped on a broken down safari car. At which point I would not hesitate to elevate if the window passes. (Your window ends 1h 45 minutes after rope drop.)

For AK, I don't think you will have issues with your plan. But I would be inclined to try and move Dinosaur up a few minutes so that you don't have a gap.

I would FP TSMM and rope drop RNR. Don't know how crowds will be, but on a Saturday of SWW ,our kids have roped dropped ride 1 and then had less than a 30 minute wait for ride 2.

Now--the catch is that RNR likes to break down, so FP may be the wiser option in your case. But to use both FP during the regular window, you will want to be there earlier in the window so they have time to use yours before the window expires.

Just FYI, seating for Festival of the Lion King is no better for FP than standby. FP just gets into the theater first and is guaranteed to get in a specific show.

There isn't a bad seat in the theater, and there is rarely a problem getting in through the standby line. It's the best show on property!

Just FYI, seating for Festival of the Lion King is no better for FP than standby. FP just gets into the theater first and is guaranteed to get in a specific show.

There isn't a bad seat in the theater, and there is rarely a problem getting in through the standby line. It's the best show on property!

I found that for Indiana Jones as well.

I think Nemo seats
People closer to the stage, but it all works out.

I Wonder how other shows are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter