Just lost our ssr purchase at rofr!

Where do you find this info (what is wdrl)?

There is a ROFR thread here on the Dis.

wdrl is a person, a great guy who tracks data on DVC sales and other interesting info on contracts, points sold, and the resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

There is a ROFR thread here on the Dis.

wdrl is a person, a great guy who tracks data on DVC sales and other interesting info on contracts, points sold, and the resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

I have seen the one here on DIS, but had not seen one that up to date (through May 4) on the site. I may have overlooked. I assumed it was another site somewhere that had the current information.

I have seen the one here on DIS, but had not seen one that up to date (through May 4) on the site. I may have overlooked. I assumed it was another site somewhere that had the current information.
It depends what you consider current. The thread here is updated by users and the information is immediate. There are a few threads over on **************** that detail all sales information by scraping it from the county records, but that data is just now available for March.

You may have picked up one of the older ROFR threads, it gets so long they have to start a new one every so often. The ROFR is as current as it gets.

What was the contract you lost?
We have an AKL contract which we are waiting on T the moment.

Our contract was fully loaded at a great deal.

MomtoBJSF---$70-$16800-240-AKV-Dec-10/'12, 240/'13, 240/'14, 240/'15-sent 03/25, taken 4/22. seller paid MF's, buyer pay closing.

Our contract was fully loaded at a great deal.

MomtoBJSF---$70-$16800-240-AKV-Dec-10/'12, 240/'13, 240/'14, 240/'15-sent 03/25, taken 4/22. seller paid MF's, buyer pay closing.

We just made an offer on one at AKL too. I am SOOOO nervous to see if it is accepted by the owner, then ROFR, I may need to get medication for the wait! . ;)
---$70.00- $14,000.00 -200-AKV-- APR.-- 4/14-0-- 4/15-200

We just made an offer on one at AKL too. I am SOOOO nervous to see if it is accepted by the owner, then ROFR, I may need to get medication for the wait! . ;) ---$70.00- $14,000.00 -200-AKV-- APR.-- 4/14-0-- 4/15-200

Hopefully the seller accepts it. I just passed rofr in march with a almost identical contract. Currently waiting on rofr on a 50 point addon at $75.

Seller actually came back to me last week and said they canceled their trip for this year and offered me full 2014 points if I'd pay half the 2014 fees.

Hopefully the seller accepts it. I just passed rofr in march with a almost identical contract. Currently waiting on rofr on a 50 point addon at $75. Seller actually came back to me last week and said they canceled their trip for this year and offered me full 2014 points if I'd pay half the 2014 fees.
That's awesome! This makes me feel better! Time will tell I guess!

Hopefully the seller accepts it. I just passed rofr in march with a almost identical contract. Currently waiting on rofr on a 50 point addon at $75. Seller actually came back to me last week and said they canceled their trip for this year and offered me full 2014 points if I'd pay half the 2014 fees.
Had you already submitted to ROFR? Does that change require you to resubmit?

There really is no rhyme or reason!

We had an offer on OKW - 420 points for $57.5 and they exercised ROFR.

Submitted a second offer for $55 for 468 points and it passed.

Persevere - you could end up with a better deal!

Only 5 weeks between my first and second contract submissions for SSR and already $4 per point higher for similar contracts, now $83 per point.....I don't mind paying it because it's perfect for me with the number of points and UY but it seems to be a dynamic and unpredictable market! I'd rather pay this with a good chance of passing ROFR, than offer lower. Still better than the $130 per point direct.

Only 5 weeks between my first and second contract submissions for SSR and already $4 per point higher for similar contracts, now $83 per point.....I don't mind paying it because it's perfect for me with the number of points and UY but it seems to be a dynamic and unpredictable market! I'd rather pay this with a good chance of passing ROFR, than offer lower. Still better than the $130 per point direct.

it's too counterproductive for DVD to keep buying up contracts UNLESS they can move the points... the initial layout + loss in maintenance adds up.. these department heads HAVE to answer for their spending and unless it's making the company money they would not put their necks on the line just for the heck of it..

that's why (imo) from looking through and trying to chart the passed v taken contracts there is no rhyme or reason to it.. yes, generally the low low points can be snuffed out by them, but i believe they just randomly grab at contracts when current members (or trends they observe with UY's) are buying them up at 130+/pt...

It's like playing craps anyone of the rolls is a contract you have to hope yours isn't a "7" lol....

I think rhyme or reason is to keep the pressure on resale prices so direct looks more attractive. They have the Poly coming soon so they will want to keep direct prices high. There is also a direct price hike coming I think they are just taking a few to keep the pressure high. They will always manage to sell what they buy back.

One thing I think a lot of you are missing about "stripped" contracts is that Disney has the ability to add points to a contract and make it whole. So if they have a stripped contract on their desk at a low price, and they have a potential buyer on a waitlist...you're done.

One thing I think a lot of you are missing about "stripped" contracts is that Disney has the ability to add points to a contract and make it whole. So if they have a stripped contract on their desk at a low price, and they have a potential buyer on a waitlist...you're done.

How is that? I thought they could not "find" points for a stripped contract. I also thought the trend was that typically stripped contracts are less attractive to Disney.

How is that? I thought they could not "find" points for a stripped contract. I also thought the trend was that typically stripped contracts are less attractive to Disney.
I have no idea if they can or can't but I don't know what would stop them don't they retain developer points that they could transfer? Idk

I wonder if driving up the cost $$ of SSR will also drive up the cost of other resorts?? If SSR is no longer so much less expensive/pt than some of the other resorts, then people may buy where they want to stay instead of lower cost ?

That's a bummer. $60 is pretty low though we passed SSR 200 June with all pints in tact 3 mo ago at $74. Had several offers to buyers before that in the $65-$70 range with no takers. You might want to consider going a few $ pp higher on the next one because even though a seller is willing to accept a low ball doesn't guarantee Disney will and it's tough to wait all that time and start the process over again over a couple hundred bucks

I agree, $60 is really low. But it still stinks that it didn't go through. So sorry.

That's a bummer. $60 is pretty low though we passed SSR 200 June with all pints in tact 3 mo ago at $74. Had several offers to buyers before that in the $65-$70 range with no takers. You might want to consider going a few $ pp higher on the next one because even though a seller is willing to accept a low ball doesn't guarantee Disney will and it's tough to wait all that time and start the process over again over a couple hundred bucks

We purchased two SSR contracts at the same time, one for 200 points that had 3 years worth of points for us and one for 220 all for $74 in 2009 before the new rules came into effect about using for other than DVC resorts.
I'm glad to see that at least the resale price hasn't gone dowe but I guess stayed about even.

Just got email that Disney are "exercising their rofr" for our purchase at ssr!
We were buying 150pts feb use year with no points 2014 but full allocation 2015 at $60 a point.
Am so gutted!

Wow, I'm surprised. Someone must have been in the queue waiting for that. I wish we had a Direct buy post so we could see if it is true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter