• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just informed no Free Dining w/ campsites???

Billmel

DIS Veteran
I just got off the phone with Guest Services trying to book a trip using the free dining by October 4th, and was informed that we could not use the free dining if we are staying on a campsite. Only resort guests (???) and people staying in a cabin are elligable for this special. I had her double check and this info was confirmed. Doesn't seem fair. I guess we won't be going this year. Was anyone else given this information?

Yes...the information you were given is the same we were. Cabins are included in the free dining, campsites are not. I guess they figure those of us who camp aren't paying Disney enough to get the free meal benefit.

Yeah, we were told that also. I can kind of see their point. Up to 10 people per campsite -- that's some serious food.

We just booked a value to get the free dining. It's not that much extra per night, but the accommodations will suck.

I'm actually surprised they are allowing this for the value resorts. My estimated dining bill per day will be about 160 and the room is only 85/night with tax. Yes, I'm choosing the most expensive of everything.

What they should have done is set a limit in your party for the dining plan. Such as no more than 4 people included in the plan, and each one after should be an extra charge. I understand there thinking, but the campers shouldn't be excluded in this offer.

And then those that stay off site will say they should not be excluded.

I agree it would be cool if they gave everyone free food, but lets think about it.
$38 per campsite, upto 10 persons, per night.
$35 per adult, regular price of Dining plan per night.

Anewman said:
And then those that stay off site will say they should not be excluded.

I agree it would be cool if they gave everyone free food, but lets think about it.
$38 per campsite, upto 10 persons, per night.
$35 per adult, regular price of Dining plan per night.

The problem I see with this is I pay $78.00 per night for a campsite, not $38.00. Almost as much as in the value resorts. This isn't a huge issue for me...just thought it was odd, but I do understand why they do this.

Just got of the phone with CM friend she said" Free dining program is a promo to try to fill the Disney resorts during the summer they have no problum filling the campground."I guest Disney is having a problum filling there resorts there is alot of places to stay in orlando for less.

It is a per person cost. So it would not be $38 for up to 10 people, it would be a per person cost. It is costing me for POP in Sept, $85 per person per night. Which for my DD and me is $510 for a 3 night stay. Of course, this factors in ticket and room and I guess a little extra for the free dining. We are FL residents so we get the 3 day for $119.

callahanjulie10 said:
It is a per person cost. So it would not be $38 for up to 10 people, it would be a per person cost. It is costing me for POP in Sept, $85 per person per night. Which for my DD and me is $510 for a 3 night stay. Of course, this factors in ticket and room and I guess a little extra for the free dining. We are FL residents so we get the 3 day for $119.
You can book a campsite for $38 per night and it sleeps upto 10, Tickets not included. Per person cost?????? I dont understand what you are trying to say.

You can go online and try to book a campsite with ten persons, look below.
This example includes a surcharge because of 6 adults, it is $46 per night for 10 persons. Not PER person.

Code:
Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground  $256.50†  

Arriving on 09/05/05 for 5 nights 
6 Adults, 4 Children 

Room Type:  Campsite (Elec./Water) 
Park Ticket:  None 
Package Type:  Room Only 

Room Requests  
Have some special requests? Check off everything you need from the list below. Sorry, the Walt Disney World® Resort cannot guarantee that all requests will be available at the time of check-in. 
Equipment Information
Please select your equipment: 
 Tent
 Pop Up Camper
 Truck/Van Camper
 Motor Home
Motor Home Length  Select vehicle size Motor Home < 20 ft Motor Home 20 -30 ft Motor Home 30 - 40 ft Motor Home > 40 ft 
 Unit with Awning
 Unit with Slide Out

Travel Trailer / 5th Wheel
Travel Trailer Length  Select vehicle size Travel Trailer < 20 ft Travel Trailer 20 - 30 ft Travel Trailer 30 - 40 ft Travel Trailer > 40 ft 
 Unit with Awning
 Unit with Slide Out

Near Comfort Station
 Near Transportation
Extra charges may apply at check-in.  
Additional Information  

Have you stayed at this resort before? 
 Yes  No 

Who will you be traveling with?
Please check all that apply:
 My Children
 My Parents
 My Grandparents
  My Grandchildren
 Others (other family members, friends, etc..)  

Ground Transportation Options  
As a Guest at this Walt Disney World® Resort, you qualify for Disney's Magical Express Service. This is a free shuttle service to and from the airport to the resort.  

Per Night Room Price $46.02  

Room Total $230.10  

Tax $26.40  

Grand Total $256.50  

Deposit $51.30  

Note: This itinerary is not reserved in your name until payment is applied.

The free dining option is a per person per night cost at each resort. For example:
POP- 1 adult/1 junior which counts as an adult because it is double occupancy required for 3 nights.

It is going to cost us $85 per night per person to stay with a 3 night Fl resident ticket. A total cost of $510 for me and my DD.
So if they were to offer the free dining program for the campground, I assume it would be the same thing, a per person per night charge but it would include dining, tickets, and campsite fee.
It actually works out since the hotel cost is $77 per night (tax)= $256
ticket cost is $119 per person (tax)= $264
I might have misfigured on tax Total = $520
but we get free dining!

callahanjulie10 said:
The free dining option is a per person per night cost at each resort. For example:
POP- 1 adult/1 junior which counts as an adult because it is double occupancy required for 3 nights.

It is going to cost us $85 per night per person to stay with a 3 night Fl resident ticket. A total cost of $510 for me and my DD.
So if they were to offer the free dining program for the campground, I assume it would be the same thing, a per person per night charge but it would include dining, tickets, and campsite fee.
It actually works out since the hotel cost is $77 per night (tax)= $256
ticket cost is $119 per person (tax)= $264
I might have misfigured on tax Total = $520
but we get free dining!

Ok now I understand what you are saying, but I do not agree. When one books a package there is a TOTAL PRICE. Now if you wanted to simply divide by the number of persons in the group and nights, you can determine the "per person per night" cost of the trip. But that "per person per night" cost would be the same REGARDLESS of having FREE dining or not.

So if the price is the same Free dining or not, how can you say "The free dining option is a per person per night cost"?

I really dont know why this matters, even if we look at it as "per person per night cost". If one books 7 nights,10 persons @campsite(four adults, six 11 year olds), and 1 day base tickets. The PER PERSON PER NIGHT cost is a whopping $14. Total cost of package $975, Dining plan cost(if paid for) would be $2450(10x$35x7nights). "Per PERSON, per NIGHT" or "upto 10 persons", makes no diff. Still not logical to expect Disney to give them free dining.

Now, I am happy that you were able to get the Free Dining with the FL resident ticket. I was under the impression that one needed to pay full price on room and tickets in order to qualify for free dining. Nice to see that someone got a discount and still got the free food.

I really didn't mean the free dining option- I just meant that is what you are getting when booking the package- ticket, hotel, and the dining option which normally costs $35 per person per night as an add on for free. WDW is the one who broke it up to $85 per person per night and $35 per child per night, double occupancy. This was the Florida resident special, there is also a non resident cost that is broken down in the exact same way but I am not sure of the cost.
For us to get the Fl resident free dining package- we did not get to take advantage of the discounted rooms ( we are still paying rack) but they subsititute the Play3 Fl resident pass for a MYW pass which can lower the cost to residents. We actually have seasonal AP's but plan on using the 3 day passes when our APs are blocked- maybe at Christmas or something. It worked out for us great because I was going into voucher loss shock!
My DH isn't too happy about the "deal" since I hadn't planned on visiting at that time, we are all going down in October as well during our fall break! He says my deal finding sure costs him $$! :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter