Just Hush and Be Happy!!! A November 2013 PTR BIG NEWS Update 09/27

stimmons

Mouseketeer
HEELLLLOOO Disboards! :wave:

We finally have solid plans for our next Disney trip! After PLENTY of changes and moving thing around this trip is going to look a lot different than we first intended it to look. But thats ok, because its still a vacation and its still Disney, right?

I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Stephanie and I am a Disney vacation enjoyer extraordinaire. Just like yall fine folks, I love everything Disney! I have been visiting The World since I was a little girl and it always brings me happiness and draws out my inner child (I promise it doesnt take too much coaxing for that to happen).

My DH, Jonathan, is also a Disney lover. He will tell his friends and anyone who knows him its because he is an engineer at heart and he just enjoys the extreme amount of thought that has gone into all of the details. But I will tell you he loves the delicious food, the awesome rides (even IASW), the resorts, and yes, even the character interactions. He is my Commando Disney planner with Excel spreadsheets and all. I wouldnt have it any other way. :love: Hes actually the one that introduced me to The Dis during one of his planning sessions.

Then there is my sweet Sloan. She is a 15 year old stuck in a 2 year old body. She loves Mickey Mouse, Imagination Movers (mommy loves them too), and Jake and the Neverland Pirates! We took her on her first trip in September 2012 where she had a blast and now she is hooked! (insert evil laugh here)

If you would like to read about that trip you can find it here in my first ever TR called WDW Veterans and The Trip of Firsts! Theres a First Time for Everything.

Now on to the good stuff! Im sure you would like to know the details. We have finally nailed down the particulars. This usually is the hardest part for us and takes a lot of research and discussions.

We will be staying at Coronado Springs from November 23rd to November 29th. Yay for a Thanksgiving trip! I am thrilled to be going at this time. The last time I have seen the Christmas decorations up was when I was a child so I cant wait to really be able to explore. :santa:

Jonathans parents and sister and brother-in-law will be joining us up until the 26th. Thanksgiving Day and the following Friday will be just me, Jonathan and Sloan which, Im not gonna lie, Im kinda excited about! (I know that sounds super anti-social, but its been quite a year with family junk and I think it will be good for us!)

Side Note: This also kinda explains my title for the PTR. Since we like to plan everything out and others (my sister in law) love to chase the wind, the planning process has been a little difficult. But we have come to an agreement that since this is our vacation for the year and anyone else who comes, have already had their big vacations, it is ours to plan! At least that is the polite and Disney friendly version of the story. You get the idea. :angel:

Back to the trip: I have never stayed at Coronado so Im excited to check it off of my list. Jonathan has, but he really enjoyed it before so hes excited to stay again.

We are actually going to do a non park day for Thanksgiving Day. We have never done this before and Im looking forward to it. On our last trip this is when Sloan started to really get tired. So a rest day is exactly what we need! Plus, with it being one of the busiest days of the year, I think it will prove wise.

Any tips, input, or observations are welcome here so please feel free to let me know what you think! And Jonathan is reading too. Like I said, he is the original Dis-member of the household. (Even though, I'm a little more active. He's a lurker)

Update Links:

Where are we eating?

Finalized ADRs YUM!

Dining Change and Personal Update

BIG HUGE NEWS UPDATE

Memorial Day was our 180 days and I was able to make our ADRs according to Jonathan’s schedule. So while everyone was sleeping, I was up at 7:00am on the phone with Disney Dining (whose phone number has their own contact in my phone). :coffee:

Even the sweet lady that helped with our ADRs commented about how good we were eating! I just laughed and told her that was one of our main priorities! Soooo….you wanna see what yumminess we have in store? Do ya? Oh, all right!

*denotes where we haven’t eaten before

Nov 23rd Arrival day and Animal Kingdom

Lunch: Yak and Yeti
Dinner: Maya Grill

Nov 24th Epcot

Breakfast: Akurshus
Lunch: Coral Reef*
Dinner: Chefs de France*

Nov 25th Hollywood Studios

Breakfast: Hollywood and Vine
Lunch: 50s PrimeTime
Dinner: Yachtman’s Steakhouse (probably changing, we’ve had some grumblings on this one and Jonathan really wants to check out Flying Fish)

Nov 26th Magic Kingdom

Breakfast: Chef Mickey’s
Lunch: Whispering Canyon
Dinner : Was going to be Be Our Guest* but they were already booked!!! So we might switch WCC and do a Quick Service lunch at BOG
Nov 27th Magic Kingdom

Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Dinner: Narcoossee’s

Nov 28th Thanksgiving Day and No Park Day

Breakfast: Pepper Market
Lunch: Olivia’s Café*
Dinner: Ohana’s (we are giving it another try since we usually like it!)

Nov 29th Magic Kingdom

No dining plans! Soooo free-spirited, aren’t we? :rolleyes: Heehee…

So what do you think? Any recommendations for dishes at the ones we haven’t been to?

Ok so, we moved a couple of things around and thankfully we have a final plan for Dining.

Rememeber * denotes where we haven't eaten before. Any meal suggestions are appreciated! :goodvibes

Nov 23rd Arrival day and Animal Kingdom

Lunch: Yak and Yeti
Dinner: Maya Grill

Nov 24th Epcot

Breakfast: Akurshus
Lunch: Coral Reef*
Dinner: Chefs de France*

Nov 25th Hollywood Studios

Breakfast: Hollywood and Vine
Lunch: 50s PrimeTime
Dinner: Flying Fish*

Nov 26th Magic Kingdom

Breakfast: Chef Mickey’s
Lunch: Be Our Guest*
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe

Nov 27th Magic Kingdom

Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Dinner: Narcoossee’s

Nov 28th Thanksgiving Day and No Park Day

Breakfast: Pepper Market
Lunch: Olivia’s Café*
Dinner: Ohana’s

I will post our schedule soon! I just need to tweak it for the ADRs.

Of your list I've only been to Askershus, Olivia's (we love it!) and Chef Mickey's...so I'm not much help on that front. We are trying Kona and 50's Primetime on our trip earlier in November (2-9) and I'll make sure to give a good review of them!

Looking forward to reading along!

Of your list I've only been to Askershus, Olivia's (we love it!) and Chef Mickey's...so I'm not much help on that front. We are trying Kona and 50's Primetime on our trip earlier in November (2-9) and I'll make sure to give a good review of them!

Looking forward to reading along!

Welcome and thank you! I've only been to Akershus and Chef Mickey's once before so any insight would be appreciated!

Great PTR. :)

Thank you so much!

Dining Change and Personal Update

I know, I know, I said we were done changing but apparently The Hubs read too many dining reviews on Chefs de France. He didn't like what he was seeing so we decided on Via Napoli instead.

I'm super excited about this one! We haven't tried it before but I've been reading some TRs and it looks yummy. Plus I think it will be a crowd pleaser for the Fam. Who doesn't like pizza?!?!?

We are still checking periodically for an evening BOG ressie to open up but haven't had much luck.

On a personal note, things have been crazy on the home front. Sloan decided to fall off of a swing set and break her arm. Before you feel bad for her let me tell you, she is still attempting to climb things one-armed and has been racking up on sympathy presents.

Seriously, I didn't think she could get any cuter! I was wrong.

Back to Disney topics. We have been discussing letting the parent's keep Sloan for one night while at The World so that we can check out Jellyrolls. Has anyone ever been? It looks like a blast.

I have also recently moved job locations and have found that a coworker is just as much of a Disney freak as we are! He is actually there right now and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures when he gets back. That's one less person to look at me strange when I say I'm going to WDW AGAIN.

I'll post again soon. I'm trying to figure out how to put our actual schedule on here.

Joining in! I stayed at CSR for the first time last December, and it was the first time that I had seen the Christmas decorations in years. You will not be disappointed!! I was amazed with it all. And while CSR isn't for everyone, it is a very pretty resort, and I really enjoyed my stay there.

As for dining, the only place that I've been to that you marked with an asterisk is BOG for lunch. We split meals because we weren't super hungry, so my mom and I shared the carved turkey sandwich. It was good, but didn't really wow me. And it was way too much food for me to eat, so I'm glad that we shared.

I hope that Sloan's arm heals soon, poor girl! But at least it didn't break her spirit and she is still ready to climb!

Coming out of lurkerdom to join in. :) I saw your comment on Dani's TR about "Betty's imaginary breast" and about died laughing. I just finished your other TR and loved it! Sloan's Beverly face was PRICELESS!!!! :lmao: The middle photo of the three made me laugh embarassingly loudly at work -- pretty sure people thought I was losing it. She's so cute though, I couldn't help it!

Joining in! I stayed at CSR for the first time last December, and it was the first time that I had seen the Christmas decorations in years. You will not be disappointed!! I was amazed with it all. And while CSR isn't for everyone, it is a very pretty resort, and I really enjoyed my stay there.

As for dining, the only place that I've been to that you marked with an asterisk is BOG for lunch. We split meals because we weren't super hungry, so my mom and I shared the carved turkey sandwich. It was good, but didn't really wow me. And it was way too much food for me to eat, so I'm glad that we shared.

I hope that Sloan's arm heals soon, poor girl! But at least it didn't break her spirit and she is still ready to climb!

Ahh! You just made me more excited. (If that could be possible) Jonathan has stayed at CSR and loved it so I'm trusting his opinion. Though we visited to eat at the Maya Grill on our last vacay and I thought it was beautiful.

My main attraction to BOG is the Beauty and the Beast theme. I'm dying to see the rooms.

Thanks for the well wishes for Sloan.

Also, and most importantly, thanks for joining in!

Coming out of lurkerdom to join in. :) I saw your comment on Dani's TR about "Betty's imaginary breast" and about died laughing. I just finished your other TR and loved it! Sloan's Beverly face was PRICELESS!!!! :lmao: The middle photo of the three made me laugh embarassingly loudly at work -- pretty sure people thought I was losing it. She's so cute though, I couldn't help it!

Well hello! :wave2: And welcome! I about died when I noticed Dani's picture too! A LOT of TRs do that to me.

Thank you for the sweet compliment. And I know that I might be biased, but that is literally the best Beverly face I've ever seen. Poor kid. :lmao:

P.S. Noticed the follow on Twitter. Followed back. :goodvibes

Your little girl's face is so so sweet. She is having too much fun with that pink cast!!

You plans look like a blast. We will be there for Christmas and I have never seen the lights so all the talk is so so fun to read about.

We ate at Coral Reef when my daughter was 4. She was mesmerized by the fish. Every seat in the place faces a huge wall of fish tank and it is so pretty. My husband and I both tried something new...me swordfish and I enjoyed it mostly...The filling or side dish (so can not remember what it was) I remember be awesome as well as the appetizer trio we got with our plan.

Count me in!! We are going Thanksgiving Week also!!!

Woo! :welcome:
Where will you be staying? Maybe we will run into eachother! :goodvibes

Your little girl's face is so so sweet. She is having too much fun with that pink cast!!

You plans look like a blast. We will be there for Christmas and I have never seen the lights so all the talk is so so fun to read about.

We ate at Coral Reef when my daughter was 4. She was mesmerized by the fish. Every seat in the place faces a huge wall of fish tank and it is so pretty. My husband and I both tried something new...me swordfish and I enjoyed it mostly...The filling or side dish (so can not remember what it was) I remember be awesome as well as the appetizer trio we got with our plan.

Awww, thanks! She's definitely a stinker and knows how to work the system. ;)

I saw a rumor that this will be the last year for the Osborne lights so I'm dying to see them.

Sloan is going to LOVE all of the fish! And you are the second person to mention the swordfish to me. I might have to try it. Or make Joanthan get it so I can steal a bite. :rotfl:

BTW, you'll be at Disney for my birthday (Nov. 24!!!)! :bday: to meeee (and a very merry unbirthday to you, of course)! You'll have to post a ton of tweets & pics so I can live vicariously through you. :dancer:

BTW, you'll be at Disney for my birthday (Nov. 24!!!)! :bday: to meeee (and a very merry unbirthday to you, of course)! You'll have to post a ton of tweets & pics so I can live vicariously through you. :dancer:

I will try my best to find a special picture just for you! :thumbsup2 Any Birthday requests???

I will try my best to find a special picture just for you! :thumbsup2 Any Birthday requests???

Any ride pics (because you know how great those can be!) or a cupcake shot (because, let's be honest, who doesn't love cupcakes on their birthday???). :rotfl: Yayyyyy!

***BIG HUGE UPDATE***

Dear PTR Readers, I have not abandoned you! But it has been a while and I want to apologize. There have been some recently stunning developments in our trip planning and I can't wait to share them with you!!!! pixiedust:

Monday was our 60 days until WDW so we were able to put in our request for our rooms. Woop Woop! :banana: We requested to stay on the first or second floor in the Casitas.

Also, we have been hearing rumors that Coronado would be updating to the MagicBand and FP+ system this month. Aaaaaaaaaand we got the email this week that we will be getting MagicBands for our trip!!! Eeeep! We are SO excited. We have already been able to pick our colors. Green for me, red for Jonathan, and pink for Sloan.

Honestly, at the same time we are kinda nervous too because I've been hearing a bit of negativity about the Bands not working properly. I'm really trying to keep and open mind and remember that there will always be glitches with any system. I'm just hoping that it gets a little more refined before we get there.

As soon as he could, Jonathan started thinking about FP+. I will be writing another update soon on our scheduling. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of changes at first as we tweak (I didn't say twerk....Miley Cyrus) things around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter