Just how scary is Hagrid’s coaster?

Deanie1

DIS Veteran
I would love to ride this coaster on our next trip to IOA but not sure if I am quite brave enough. I love BTMM and EE and will do the Mummy although its at the top of my comfort level. The Hulk is too high and Space too jerky for me. I haven’t been to WDW since SDD opened so can’t compare that. So, those who have ridden Hagrid’s, where does it fit on the intensity meter?

If you can do EE and Mummy, you will be fine on this. It’s beautiful. If heights are a concern, try to get at the end of the train. There is a spot like EE where you go up a dead end track and then backwards. If you are in the back you don’t go up so far. There is a sections with a vertical drop, but it’s very short and over before it registers what’s happening. The track stays low to ground to give you feeling that you really are going through the forbidden forest.

It takes the best parts of Everest + Slinky Dog x twice the ride time/duration. It's fast, but super-smooth. Don't even think about skipping it--it's THAT good!

Thanks, everyone! Good tip about the fear of heights as I do not like heights at all. I will definitely be trying it when the waits get shorter!

Which part of the train would you say is the least scary? Most times the front is better for less thrills but with the spike (I hate drops) I don’t know if the front is the best. Thanks!

Definitely not too scary! My 8 yo who is scared of mummy and doesn’t care for EE but loves thunder mountain absolutely loved this ride. It’s awesome!!!

I heard that people feel less vulnerable in the seat rather than the bike, as in the bike you're more exposed and higher, where as on the seat you're closer to the crowd and surrounded by the cart. So, if you're feeling more timid about the ride you might feel safer in the seat rather than on the bike.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter