• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just HOW jerky is Dinosaur?

Spidey7

<font color=purple>Drinking without smoking is lik
Going in 12 days woooo hoooo:cool1: I'm not the least bit worried about this question but my DW can not do jerky rides. On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being super off the chart jerky and 1 being not jerky at all, how does this ride rate in jerkiness? Thanks in advance.

The ride is pretty jerky. I would compare it to other motion simulation rides like Star Tours or Body Wars.

I would rate it about a 7 on the jerk scale. It is all about perspective really, what is really jerky for one person, may not be for another. Good Luck and have a magical trip!

It looks great, I'm not particularly a big fan of "jerkiness" either, but I will still love this ride I already know. I've seen enough documentaries on this to where I know I'll like it already. Sounds like its pretty jerky though.

I thought it was pretty jerky... like a 7 or 8 maybe. It is suppose to feel like an off road trip through the jungle, and they do make it really rough. For me, the roughness bothered me more than the scare factor.

I would rate it as a 8 or 9. From what I understand it can depend on where you sit, either on the ends or towards the middle of the ride as to how "jerky" your experience is. My DW has a bad back and there's no way she could ever do this ride, unfortunately.

Roger:wizard:

It is jerky (around a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10), but tons of fun. I am not a fan of thrill rides, but this is one of my absolute favorites. Did it twice a few weeks ago.

I wanted to add that I would not put it in the same category as a motion/simulator ride as someone posted above. This ride moves on a track. Simulator rides make me sick to my stomach and this one does not whatsoever.

From what I've heard on here and from others, sounds like they should tone down the jerkiness, the Dinosaur/animatronics look so fantastic, I don't think they need to make it so jerky where bad back people can't even ride it. Sounds like they went overboard on the jerkiness and should tone that down some, and let the power of the animatronic dinos do the talking.

It won't bother me but I know it definitely bothers others. Although I won't even ride wooden coasters anymore because they are so jerky you feel like you got beat up when you get off of them. That's a shame.

On a "10" scale
. . . jerkiness - 9
. . . loudness - 8
. . . dinos - 8
. . . scenery - 7
. . . plot line - 3

Yeah I agree that it is quite jerky...I'd say about an 8. I did not want to do this ride at all, but DFi insisted that I give it a try (I just hate jerky rides like that). Anyways, I ended up loving it! I just laughed the entire time that it made me forget about how jerky it actually is. We did it about 5 times our whole trip and every time I just got more excited.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 9. It whipped a hair clip right out of my hair once if that helps put it in perspective. The 1st time I got off of this ride I said "Oh my God I feel like I just was in a car accident!" By the end of the trip it had become my favorite ride, we rode it over & over! I'll ditto also that it's not at all like the simulators that can make you feel queasy - DH and one DS get sick on motion rides (Body Wars, Astro Orbiter, Space Mtn, etc) but neither was affected by Dinosaur.

I'd say 8 or 9 as well......... I had bruises after the first time riding it!! I've ridden it 3 times and like the ride, but it is VERY jerky! Perhaps you should ride it first to judge - but if your DW does not or cannot do jerky, she should probably skip it!

I'd rate it about a 7 or 8. I rode it with a strained back last year and it gave me some jolts. DW is in good health (she's a runner) and she said it "threw her hip out" and she was sore until she could see her chiropractor when we returned from our trip.

We enjoyed it and will probably do it again on our upcoming trip, but it is "jerkier" than the average attraction IMHO.

It IS jerky and I have a bad back, but if you firmly plant both feet to push your back into the seat, and keep both hands on the bar, you can do a good bit to stabilize yourself.

Since I'd give Primeval Whirl a 10, I'd have to give Dinosaur a 7 or 8. Definitely jerky, I'd do what some others suggested and ride it yourself first. If she's not a "jerky" ride person, I'd have her skip it.

If you can't do jerky rides, even my 7 would merit a skip, I think.

It's up there with wooden roller coasters on the jerkiness factor. I have a bad back and I can ride Dinosaur, but I really shouldn't. I need two Lortabs to handle it and a good hour of recovery time afterward. It's a really fun ride, but it feels like it's going to bounce you out throughout the entire ride. I think they've actually made it jerkier than it used to be, I don't remember it being that bad back when it was Countdown to Extinction. I think it's probably the jerkiest ride in all of WDW.

It's unnecessarily jerky. If someone has a pre-existing condition, it could hurt them. I really wish they would tone down how hard that ride throws you around. I think the roughness takes away from how fun it is.

Sounds like it. They spend millions on these great animatronic dinos, then ruin it by making it unnecessarily jerky. What a waste and a shame. I'll still ride it and love it, but sounds like my DW will not like it and that's a shame because she already won't do the coasters, these types of theme rides are all that she can do.

I realize it should be a little jerky, but throwing backs/hips out etc., that is just nuts.:confused3

Sounds like they are also opening themselves up to unnecessary lawsuits, not ones that would probably succeed due to their disclaimers etc., but still they could solve all these problems by toning the jerkiness down sounds like to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter