Just How Good is Park Wi-Fi?

TigerandBear

Samira & Wayne
Reports on this seem to be mixed.

We're coming from the UK, I'm reluctant to shell out for a really expensive roaming and data add-on for my phone. Obviously we'll need to access MDE app constantly, but is the wi-fi in the park up to the job?

I'm just going to Airplane mode my iPhone and save battery and use just wi-fi, but is it good enough for this plan to work? I will look into international roaming plans if I have to, but I'm hoping I won't.

Thanks Everyone! :thumbsup2

Well I have always had service - i.e. been able to connect BUT often it is S - L - O - W! Like horribly slow. It makes me remember old dial up connections when I could go to the kitchen and grab a cup of coffee while waiting for a page to load.

Before I would get an international roaming plan I would go to a Wal-Mart or drug store once you are here and buy a one month unlimited plan with a cheap phone. It probably would cost you about $50 US dollars to do that which is most likely cheaper than an international roaming plan.

I had a horrible time connecting both in the parks and at POFQ. I spoke to a CM who said they had the same issue and said it was probably because so many people were trying to access. I finally took my iPhone off of wi-fi because the performance was so bad, if I could get access at all.

Well we were there before fp+, August, so I am sure that makes some difference but we had no problems in the parks. It was better than the 4g on my husbands tablet. Poly didn't have great reception however. Did have to make sure I switched the network insettings on iPad though.

We were there over Easter and had very few problems. It was better than I've ever seen it - would blink occasionally but easily reconnected.

We were there Presidents' Day week and a spring break week and only minor issues with slows app loading but used it for line wait times and changing fp times without issue

We were there this past March for my DDs high school marching band trip and the wifi was SLOW as anything (probably a result of so many people or at least a contributing factor) but both DD and I (and several of her band mates) have noticed that now our phones' (iPhones) battery won't hold charges like they did pre-trip. At one point during our trip, I was in line for HM and my battery was at 98% and after 25 min in line it was at 63% and I was not even using it for anything. Idk if it has something to do with the wifi, but now we have to make sure we have charging cables with us wherever we go...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter