Just how early do you check-in to get upgraded at the Dolphin?

DisneyFanatik

DIS Veteran
I know that the earlier you check-in the best your chances are for an upgrade. When I called Starwood about our Dolphin ressies the representative told me that since I had Gold Preferred status I was entitled to a free upgrade - if one was available at check-in. She said that getting there "early" would greatly increase my chances, but just how early is "early"?

I'm curious because I'll be checking in about 11:30 am.

I'm figuring it should be about the same as other hotels, late morning early afternoon, depending on the time of year you are going. Of course, with Dolphin and Swan being convention hotels the number of convetioneers will have an impact.

Of course, I've been asking myself if the convention goers care which rooms they are in, maybe they book the standard rooms cuz the company has to foot the bill :p . That will leave the good rooms for us. ;)

Most business people have status with Starwood also. I think you will have to get in line behind them for any upgrades.

We didn't get there till 11:00 p.m. and we were still upgraded to a balcony room with an Epcot/Boardwalk view. I was also told by the front desk that the hotel was at close to 100% occupancy so we felt pretty darn lucky!

We had a room reserved through Hotwire and arrived at around 4pm on a Friday and received a free upgrade. We didn't ask for it she just gave it to us, our view ended up being of Epcot/Boardwalk and Yacht & Becah Club, it was beautiful.

Go thinking you'll get a parking lot view and then if you get another view you'll be thrilled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter