Just how busy are the ships while in Nassau?

Paranoid Android

Earning My Ears
We aren't planning to get off the ship at Nassau and reading here it sounds like it would be a great time to take advantage of some of the ship's activities. My question is it really that much of a difference? Somehow I think the spas will be just as busy. Is everything open on board while at port?

We got off in Nassau but came back to the ship around noon. We thought the ship was fairly empty! We went to several character meet n greets around 2 and there were no lines!

I'm sure it may differ on different cruises but particularly the trip I just went on in early January was full of new Disney cruisers and because of which, I felt that many went off into Nassau to enjoy shopping, Atlantis and etc. while my wife and I stayed onboard.

We had a couple's massage that morning and felt that the spa was very empty before and after which all of this took place during lunch hours. So we stayed in the spa and rainforest room for quite some time :)

We were on the Dream the first week of January on a sold out ship and was surprised at how busy the ship was on Nassau day. I was hoping more would disembark so we could enjoy the pools and aquaduck more.

... Is everything open on board while at port?

Dining, kids clubs, spa, pools/aquaduck/water play areas, movies, lounges... these items are all running normally during port stops. The gift shops will not be open, that's about the only thing I can think of that would be closed while in port at Nassau. As others have mentioned, how busy may vary by cruise but we found the ship to be very quiet in Nassau last year when we re-boarded in late morning after a short walk about on land.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for your answers! We'll probably end up taking a morning stroll off the boat and then head back for a hopefully quiet ship.

I am planning on going on a walking tour mid-morning/early afternoon then going back to the ship for a little spa time and hopefully a tasting.

We did a B2B on the Dream in October and the ship was packed both Nassau days. I think it has a lot to do with how many repeat cruisers are onboard. This was at least our 5th time in Nassau so we planned on enjoying an empty ship.

We just got off the Dream last Sunday and we didn't get off in Nassau. The pools were very busy just like a regular sea day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter