Just how bad is RnRC??

I am the same as you and I loved it - cant tell you how many times I nearly chickened out watching the launch but I was so glad I did it and will absolutely ride it again

Certainly no worse than Mummy or EE (didn't ride Space last visit so can't compare)

I get anxiety when I ride RnR because of the take off. EVERY time I ride it, I want to ride it again. It is pretty tame with the exception of the take off.

I like space mountain but space mountain is more jerky and less exciting. I think you should ride it. BUT-one other post said to close your eyes. If you get any motion sickness-don't. That will make it worse!

I do all the WDW coasters except Space Mntn. I find RnRC smooth and I love the tunes playing during the ride. Space Mntn is too jerky and without neck support my head and neck hurt afterward.

Go for it!

I agree; Space Mt often makes me feel dizzy (that spinning tunnel image with the sound going really fast), but RnR never has. I get car sick very easily and often have motion sickness while sitting at home, but RnR is my favorite ride at Disney!

If you are worried about it, take some motion sickness medicine about an hour before you ride and you should be fine.

"Have a nice ride!"

If it wasn't for the beginning shoot off I would have no issues with it. But to me the start is like being taken and slammed against a brick wall. I'm in my thirties as is my sister-the last time we rode it was a year and a half ago and we declared it our last time-we decided we are too old.

Meanwhile Space Mountain is being added to the I'm too Old category-just rode it this past vacation. I haven't been on it for 10 years-and I could not believe how much I was thrown around. My pin necklace almost flew off.

I finally tried RnRC last December, and I am glad I did! I was more scared of the ride I had built up in my mind, even after watching you tube videos. When we got to the entrance, a CM could tell something was up, and he kindly explained the ride and told me it's only 90 seconds, just count back and it's over pretty quickly. He was right! I cannot ride it too often, but I will ride it. I find SM to be much rougher and jerky.

I must be in the minority as the take off doesn't bother me,,, I just sit back and try to relax.

first let me say I get motion sickness easy and bad!
growing up I could do space mountain over and over and over...
not so much any more:sick:
but i gave RNR a try in 2010...the ride itself was ok, I did not get motion sick but the neon lights & signs going by so fast made me ill....:headache:
I went on EE before it opened to public...didn't get sick but could not feel the lower half of my body for 10 minutes afterwards:confused3
so it sounds to me you would probably do fine on RNR:thumbsup2

PS I'm 50 now and to me the fast take off was the best part of the ride....go figure

I rode it for the first time a few weeks ago. I'd never been on a coaster that does a loop or goes as fast. I pretty much said, "Holy Cr@p" the entire time and held on for dear life. I came off the ride in shock and breathless...but it was pretty cool. :thumbsup2

I am a ride chicken in that I hate dips or drops of any kind and that whole stomach feeling, but have no problems with anything else. I enjoyed everything post-launch on RnR because it didn't have any dips. The launch, however, was extreme on the stomach feeling, but the nice thing is that it does only last for a few seconds. If that is what you don't like about coasters, then I would say to be cautious of the launch. Otherwise, it is a fun, smooth ride!!

Just when I had finally worked up the courage to try RnR - I found out it made me sick. I spent the whole ride screaming 'I'm going to puke!':crazy2: Had to lie down on a bench for 1/2 hour after:sad2: never again.

Funny thing is EE had the same effect (I tried it after hubby assured me it wasn't as bad as RnR - boy was he wrong!) but I rode Space Mtn. with no problem:confused3

I do all the WDW coasters except Space Mntn. I find RnRC smooth and I love the tunes playing during the ride. Space Mntn is too jerky and without neck support my head and neck hurt afterward.

Go for it!
ITA. My DD12 can't understand why I LOVE,LOVE RnRC but can't handle Space Mountain.

If you rode and liked the Mummy then you will have no issue with RnRc

RnRc is smoother. The inversions won't bother you. I've had friends who did not even know the first inversion happened after riding.

This is a great ride - don't skip it

Space Mountain is just painful. If you can do that no problem, you will really enjoy RnRC. The launch is a little more intense than the Mummy but it won't bother you. Go for it!!!

My entire family ages 42, 38, 19 and 14 were all sick after this ride. DH got a bad headache and I mild one. Yes, our heads were back all the way, we are all avid thrill riders and ensure our heads are properly in place. It was the one ride no one wanted to ride again. (that fact we were all in agreement was a miracle in itself) We go back in a week and only DD now 18 and DD16 (who didn't go last time) want to try again.

I cannot take the acceleration at the very start of the ride, any longer.

So I had to add Rock & Roller Coaster to my list of "never again" rides.

Same here. Never really cared for any coasters with accelerated launches, and can no longer handle anything that has over-the-shoulder harnesses. Too much headbanging.

What's so great about inversions anyway? Going upside down on a coaster is SO 1982!!!

Expedition Everest is by far the best coaster at WDW.

Jim

Thanks to everyone for your opinions. I think I will try RnRC, otherwise I'll spend too much time afterwards wondering what I've missed :rotfl:

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It took me 8 yrs to work up the courage to ride. Go for it! I ride everytime now. My seven yr old nephew rode it, I think it's a great first-time upside-down coaster.

If you love Space, this one will will probably be a breeze! Like others said just keep your head back and enjoy the ride and the music!

Good luck!

I' d take RNR anytime over SM. SM imo is painful. My legs have no room and since i cant see the first drop kills my back. RNr though was just as intense but more smoothly and comfortable. I closed my eyes at the start only because i have contacts and it felt like the wind was gonna blow them out!! But it was fun.

I've been wanting to ride RnRC but am just not sure if my stomach can handle it. I've never done a ride that inverts and not sure how my stomach will handle it.

I can ride Space, Tower, Mummy with no issues. EE I can do but the backwards part does turn my stomach into knots but I'm fine by the end of the ride. Mission Space was horrendous and I had to lay down on a bench for about 2 hours.

What do you all think?

One word of warning -- "love in an elevator" is even more insidious than "it's a small world." Seriously. The song stays in your head forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter