Just how bad is Christmas week?

I am going down 12/22 - 12/27. Does anyone know if the 26th super crowded? Should we just use all our days before Christmas? And yes, we are going in the parks on Christmas day too!

Thanks!

I am going down 12/22 - 12/27. Does anyone know if the 26th super crowded? Should we just use all our days before Christmas? And yes, we are going in the parks on Christmas day too!

Thanks!

Christmas forward can result in capacity closures on any given day. So yes the 26th will be crazy busy.

The further you can get ahead of Christmas, the better.

This may or may not be the bag check line:

Crowd.jpg

lol. DH took one look at that and informed me it will be a cold day in you-know-where, before I ever get him to Disney during Christmas. Guess that answers all of that, lol.

Someone on here mentioned the earlier before Christmas the better.. Last year my boyfriend and I went the 12th-18th and that was manageable. This year we are doing the 15th-21st and I feel a bit nervous being closer to Christmas, about when do crowds start to get crazy, and do you think these dates will be manageable for us again or start to get crazy?

Someone on here mentioned the earlier before Christmas the better.. Last year my boyfriend and I went the 12th-18th and that was manageable. This year we are doing the 15th-21st and I feel a bit nervous being closer to Christmas, about when do crowds start to get crazy, and do you think these dates will be manageable for us again or start to get crazy?
When the resort hotel prices start going up, so do the crowds.

When the resort hotel prices start going up, so do the crowds.

BINGO.

Follow the money. The higher prices don't keep people away. They go up because Disney knows the crowds are going to be so huge they can get away with the higher prices then.

It has to do with when most schools let out for the holidays.

I have read some very encouraging posts regarding plans for our upcoming Disneyland Christmas week 12/22-12/26 trip. Another question I haven't found is this: What is the likelihood of getting to go back to our room at the CA Grand to rest mid-day? We are aware we may be locked out. We understand fire Marshall code. I am sure a cast member will be near to tell us prior so we can decide. Lol... 1.). Do on site guests get any perks to go back and forth? (I doubted we could get so lucky). 2). Anyone have a strategy for this? (We are saving hotel decoration touring and Downtown Disney as back ups in case this happens.). Be realistically we can't be in parks from Magic Morning Hour to night time fireworks. Lol... With it being 60th Anniversary and Christmas decorations DL is definitely going to be at capacity. (But we want to do this. It's a bucket list thing.). TIA

I NEVER understand that people who have been that week say they had a great time. Is it just the ambiance? Obviously, it's not fun for getting to ride a lot of rides. Is it the parade and fireworks that are so great? I just don't get how people could be happy paying top dollar to enter the park when it is wall to wall people and only get to do 3 fp+ rides and if they want more rides they have to wait 2+ hours. What's so great about going and waiting hours to ride a ride or wait on line for lunch for an hour? I never understand how people could say it's "great" and really enjoyed it. Disney tickets are not cheap, how do you feel not ripped off when you can barely ride anything because the wait is 2-3 hours long? Someone explain.

I like to go to see the holiday lights and decorations, have some special holiday snacks and meals, and go on a few rides. Yes its expensive, but for now, prices to enter the park are the same everyday. I can't, or shouldn't, take my kids out of school, so for now its great!

We don't like the crowds and try to visit during quieter times. However, last year, we took drove our camper down from Ontario and stayed at the Fort Dec 22-24 with one day at MK. (We had to head to another park due to limited reservations.) It was crowded, but the atmosphere was amazing. We did what Tink415 did - took in the lights, decorations, and a few rides. We're doing it again this year but staying a bit longer. Planning around work and university schedules makes this time the most ideal for a longer holiday with the camper. My DD and I smile from ear to ear as soon as we see the WDW signs. DH is not a Disney addict but he is the one who suggested the trip this year. Best Christmas gift :)

sorry I'm confused. We are going dec. 19-26. So is that the busiest time to go in terms of crowds? or is it after the 25th?

Party of 8 first time doing the holidays at WDW

When does "Christmas week" actually start? Or at least most of the crowds? We've been there up until the 22nd twice and was really crowded but I don't know at what point it gets completely insane (or if it keeps getting earlier)

When does "Christmas week" actually start? Or at least most of the crowds? We've been there up until the 22nd twice and was really crowded but I don't know at what point it gets completely insane (or if it keeps getting earlier)
This year I'd say Christmas week is 19-26, New Years Week 27-Jan 3. The crowds will increase each day leading up to Christmas...

Does anyone have a pic from last years crowd in Epcot? I am thinking of going Dec 27th...thanks

We want to Epcot last year the evening of Dec 28. It was not crowded at all, walked right out from dinner at Biergarten and had uncrowded view of Illuminations. Of course Soarin and Test Track still had unbearably long waits with the tier ing-fast pass issues...

In terms of 4th of July vs Christmas, I've attended the 4th of July, and I worked at MK during Christmas/New Years. Christmas was drastically more crowded. However, nearly every person I interacted with was enjoying their time in the parks with their family, and were understanding of the wait times. If you go in with an open mind and understand that it's a time to spend with family, and not ride every attraction, I think Christmas will be a great time to go. It's also cooler, 4th of July is most definitely hotter!

sorry I'm confused. We are going dec. 19-26. So is that the busiest time to go in terms of crowds? or is it after the 25th?

Party of 8 first time doing the holidays at WDW
The weekend before Christmas is when it starts to increase in terms of crowds. It is noticeable, but not nearly as bad as Christmas through New Years. The park always reaches some sort of capacity, and the shortest waits are roughly half an hour. These crowds tend to stay at crazy levels until the 2nd of January it seems. Your party will notice it's crowded, but it shouldn't be as bad as after the 25th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter