Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Glad the DIS was working in your favor today.

I'm a wuss and haven't done orange in mission space only green. Maybe I'll man up one of these days.

Nice update! I always think "Lt Dan" when I see him too!

I would love to try orange someday but my Hubby (and my Dad wouldn't on our last trip either) won't do it so I'll have to wait till I am there with someone more willing.

I've been reading your reports for a few years now, but rarely comment. I love your reports. :)

We just decided that we will finally be going back to WDW! Probably not until next year, and I'm all over the place on dates, but right now I'm considering the last week of May. I was checking out the resort threads and I'm excited to see that CBR has the pull down beds. Now I'm deciding between CBR (stayed there in the 80's as a kid) or POR (stayed there a few times, the last being about 11 years ago). I love POR, but my husband will love the hammocks on the beach at CBR.

OMG a forest Gump reference! I LOVE that MOVIE!!!

So Orange isn't so bad? Always did green... i'll blame the kids.. Yeah.. that's it...

great pictures as ALWAYS!!

I am not sure if there is a number to call to find out GF options for the restaurants. I really was just planning to mark GF on my ADR's, then see if the chefs at the restaurants will help me make the right choices. I have a friend who works for Disney dining reservations, and she told me to make sure to indicate GF when I make my selections. If you are curious, I will be happy to let you know how it goes when we get back.

Jillian loves Mission Space. Brian went with her in 2012, and was sick for a good three hours afterward. The rest of us did not even try it. I have a terrible propensity for motion sickness. I can only go on Star Tours once. I went a second time with my family last time we were there, and regretted it for a few hours. Charity wants to try Mission Space green side this time. I MAY give that a try.

Thanks for all of the great photos of the Poly lobby and your meal at Ohana!

How fun that you met up with tinksthree and had a little chance to chat

dscf0744-768x1024-jpg.148994

Now that I am going through my pictures, I see that I didn't take a picture of the wings or the sauces.

I think the picture above has both the potstickers and the wings. I think the wings are the ones with the sesame seeds.

Ben really wants to go back to Ohana. We have only been there once, for dinner. He is a potsticker fiend, and loves everything else they serve there. He wanted to go on the class trip and have me pay for all his friends.

:scared1:

That really was a fabulous day of celebrations for Hunter's birthday. Well done!

party:

dscf0777-768x1024-jpg.149499

Dee, notice John's shirt? That's a Beach Club Resort shirt that we bought the year before.

I most certainly do! I have that same shirt. One of my Beach Club friends sent it to me a couple of years ago.

:worship: For being team Orange!

I am not brave enough to try that.

I wouldn't have made fun of you for going in the standby line. It didn't look like the times were too bad.

:goodvibes:

We didn't get far before we heard the ding and we were stopping on the tracks and I didn't complain because we had plenty of time and we did have a nice view.

"We are waiting for clearance from the station." Does that even mean anything?

I know that I took at least two pictures but I can't find them anywhere. They've disappeared, vamoosed, gone. One of the plants was a money tree which seems quite appropriate because we all know that Disney wants us to have money growing on trees so that we can return. The other was a coffee tree. John drinks coffee all day long. We go through coffee like s through a goose. (nice visual huh?) I turned to John and said "Do you know how much money you'd save us if you bought that!?!?!"

If only the coffee tree sprouted mugs, fully brewed!

I can walk right past the President or be driving next to the Pope and I wouldn't notice.

Hey, me too! I don't have this username for nothing.

The hostess that sat us at our table was kind enough to give us two loaves of bread upon request.

Mmmm...That's a meal in itself, right there.

Ahhh, the salad!

What's with the rabbit food? Bring on the meat!

Just because I recently turned 50 doesn't mean that my mind is completely gone.

Sure, there's still a few synapses firing here and there.

We had Fastpasses and I was about to join the stand-by line.

What were you saying about your mind?:rotfl:

After receiving our instructions from Leutenant Dan, we were led to our space vehicle.

Love that you refer to him as Lieutenant Dan. :rotfl2:

Glad the DIS was working in your favor today.

I'm a wuss and haven't done orange in mission space only green. Maybe I'll man up one of these days.

Nah, not a wuss!

Nice update! I always think "Lt Dan" when I see him too!

I would love to try orange someday but my Hubby (and my Dad wouldn't on our last trip either) won't do it so I'll have to wait till I am there with someone more willing.

Anyone who has seen Forest Gump simply must th;king of Lt Dan when they ride Mission Space.

I've been reading your reports for a few years now, but rarely comment. I love your reports. :)

We just decided that we will finally be going back to WDW! Probably not until next year, and I'm all over the place on dates, but right now I'm considering the last week of May. I was checking out the resort threads and I'm excited to see that CBR has the pull down beds. Now I'm deciding between CBR (stayed there in the 80's as a kid) or POR (stayed there a few times, the last being about 11 years ago). I love POR, but my husband will love the hammocks on the beach at CBR.

I'm so glad that you decided to comment. It looks good on ya so please do it more often.

I think that there are a few hammocks at POR but I can't say 100%. However, they are everywhere at the CBR. If you have any specific resort questions, feel free to ask 'em here.

OMG a forest Gump reference! I LOVE that MOVIE!!!

So Orange isn't so bad? Always did green... i'll blame the kids.. Yeah.. that's it...

great pictures as ALWAYS!!

Orange is pretty intense but it's no so bad. Come on girl...get up the Gumption and do it! (Notice the Forest Gump reference?)

I am not sure if there is a number to call to find out GF options for the restaurants. I really was just planning to mark GF on my ADR's, then see if the chefs at the restaurants will help me make the right choices. I have a friend who works for Disney dining reservations, and she told me to make sure to indicate GF when I make my selections. If you are curious, I will be happy to let you know how it goes when we get back.

Jillian loves Mission Space. Brian went with her in 2012, and was sick for a good three hours afterward. The rest of us did not even try it. I have a terrible propensity for motion sickness. I can only go on Star Tours once. I went a second time with my family last time we were there, and regretted it for a few hours. Charity wants to try Mission Space green side this time. I MAY give that a try.

Have you visited the Disney Food Pictures thread? There have been some gluten free option pics posted there.

Oh no! Thankfully, we haven't gotten sick on Mission Space. There was that one time that John started feeling some facial tics afterwards but we think that was unrelated.

Thanks for all of the great photos of the Poly lobby and your meal at Ohana!

How fun that you met up with tinksthree and had a little chance to chat

As you know, it's always fun to have a Dis meet even if it is a short one.

I think the picture above has both the potstickers and the wings. I think the wings are the ones with the sesame seeds.

Ben really wants to go back to Ohana. We have only been there once, for dinner. He is a potsticker fiend, and loves everything else they serve there. He wanted to go on the class trip and have me pay for all his friends.

:scared1:

Oh wow! I can only imagine what that meal would have cost!

That really was a fabulous day of celebrations for Hunter's birthday. Well done!

party:

Hunter chose well!

I most certainly do! I have that same shirt. One of my Beach Club friends sent it to me a couple of years ago.

I wear mine all the time because it's so comfy.

:worship: For being team Orange!

I am not brave enough to try that.

I'm usually a weinee when it comes to intense rides but I love Mission Space!

I wouldn't have made fun of you for going in the standby line. It didn't look like the times were too bad.

:goodvibes:

The wait times weren't bad at all. As a matter of fact, had we not been so close to our FP expiration time, we might have done it twice. Once in Standby and once with FP.

"We are waiting for clearance from the station." Does that even mean anything?

Your guess is as good as mine and probably many others.

If only the coffee tree sprouted mugs, fully brewed!

Now that would be an even better deal!

Hey, me too! I don't have this username for nothing.

:teeth:

Mmmm...That's a meal in itself, right there.

If it were up to Hunter, he'd have eaten both loaves all my himself. He loves the bread there.

What's with the rabbit food? Bring on the meat!

Hey, I happen to like rabbit food!

Sure, there's still a few synapses firing here and there.

But only a few.

What were you saying about your mind?:rotfl:

:P

Love that you refer to him as Lieutenant Dan. :rotfl2:

Of course he is Lieutenant Dan...always will be.

:rotfl:Zero to 65...Strike a Pose!

Being spun up and down and all around wasn't enough for us on this bright and beautiful morning. We had a need...a need for speed! Test Track was next on our list of attractions to visit and as you all know, it is really close to Mission Space. After a short little walk, we were able to step right into the Fastpass line at Test Track and were soon designing the car of our dreams. One that would blow the others away by a mile. Between the three of us, we designed this little beauty. She's green! She's lean! She's a racin' machine!
DSCF0781 (1024x768).jpg

Thanks to our Fastpasses, we had our car designed and were heeding the "no dancing" warning sign in our vehicle in not time at all.

DSCF0782 (1024x768).jpg

I attempted to get some pictures while we were inside the building but most came out looking like crapola.

DSCF0783 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0784 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0787 (1024x768).jpg

Yeah, told you. I'm going to look on another media card and see if there were others because I usually take at least a couple of pictures outside and then one of the maximum speed sign. If I find more pictures, I'll post them later.

After exiting the ride, we went into the showroom and they had one car that you could pose with, have your picture taken and then sent to an email. Hunter was striking the silliest poses and I was laughing like crazy at him. John was laughing too and telling him "Boy, you ain't right."

DSCF0790 (1024x768).jpg

A quick look at the wait time app and we realized that we could see Spaceship Earth via the standby line and still make it to our lunch reservation. Yay!

DSCF0791 (1024x768).jpg

Spaceship Earth is one of the attractions that John really enjoys. Because he has worked around machines the majority of his life, his hearing isn't the best. You too? I said HIS HEARING ISN'T THE BEST! On Spaceship Earth the speakers are on the back of the ride vehicle so he can rest his head back and actually hear the narration. I know that may sound like a silly reason for him to like it but it's tough when you can't hear well. He said that a lot of words sound muffled to him. Accents, especially British accents, are the worst for him. As a side note, if we ever meet any of you at Walt Disney World and John just smiles, nods and doesn't say much, it's because he can't hear a word that you're saying. :rotfl:

Anyway, he likes Spaceship Earth because he can actually hear the narration and he also likes the travel through time and the smells that they use in the attraction. Okay, so the smells are of burning buildings which makes it sound a little weird that he likes it. :rolleyes:

**Up next: Give me a sody pop and some ice cream please!

Last edited:
I love Test Track! Great car design, I'm particular to red cars though for some reason.

I love spaceship earth as well.

I love Test Track! Great car design, I'm particular to red cars though for some reason.

I love spaceship earth as well.

While I don't enjoy the other "stuff" in the queue at Test Track, I do really like the design a car feature. I like red cars too!

Oh Lord, I am such a slacker. I haven't caught up on TRs forever or updated mine. Life got so busy! I'm all caught up now though, and loving your report as always! Glad Hunter had such a good birthday. His faces. Sheesh! The one he makes where he gets his mouth all screwed around my niece makes and my sister calls it the Buddy Hackett face. That's all I could think when I saw it. I also love his car pose. Hah! I'll be a better Disser and try to stay caught up!

OMGoodness~ that picture of Hunter with the car!!!!! YOu guys crack me up! I NEED to make it back to West Monroe to actually meet you!

I love Spaceship Earth, too!!! We usually stay on for a couple of times......Are you guys planning a trip for this May??? We are too so depending on the dates we may see you (and have John not hear a word I say!!!)

Oh Lord, I am such a slacker. I haven't caught up on TRs forever or updated mine. Life got so busy! I'm all caught up now though, and loving your report as always! Glad Hunter had such a good birthday. His faces. Sheesh! The one he makes where he gets his mouth all screwed around my niece makes and my sister calls it the Buddy Hackett face. That's all I could think when I saw it. I also love his car pose. Hah! I'll be a better Disser and try to stay caught up!

Girl, if you look at how long it is between most of my posts, you'd call me a slacker too.

Hunter is a goofball for sure and is the life of the party!

OMGoodness~ that picture of Hunter with the car!!!!! YOu guys crack me up! I NEED to make it back to West Monroe to actually meet you!
Now that my kiddos live here, I wont' have to back out on a meet again. I felt bad about that.:sad:

I love Spaceship Earth, too!!! We usually stay on for a couple of times......Are you guys planning a trip for this May??? We are too so depending on the dates we may see you (and have John not hear a word I say!!!)

Yes m'am! We are going back May 28th through June 11th! I can hardly wait. Be sure to let me know if our dates overlap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter