Just heard from Corey and Julie

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
Hi everyone:

I just got off the phone with Corey. He actually has cell phone service on board the ship! Turns out that Celebrity has a deal with Cingular :)

Anyway, they had a completely smooth trip out to Barcelona. Great flight - and since they told the flight attendant that it was Julie's birthday, they were giving them free drinks all the way to Barcelona! Corey said they blew thru customs in about 20 minutes and ended up the first ones to board the ship. This is Corey's first time doing a non-Disney cruise (he's on the Celebrity Millennium). Corey commented that the staterooms are noticeably smaller than Disney's, and that Celebrity is a bit more particular about their dress code than Disney is. Anyone who doesn't really 'dress' for dinner really stands out. Corey learned that just a few days before they left and had to scramble to buy a new suit for the cruise :)

He said the ship is beautiful and so far the service seems first rate. They're at sea tomorrow then in Nice on Thursday. I'll post updates as I hear from him.

Pete

I am soooooo jealous!!! I wish I were back in Villefrance so I could get lost in Eze and Nice again :)

Thanks for updating us Pete!

Thanks for the update Pete. Thats vey cool about the cell phone service on the boat, hope that starts popping up throughout the cruise industry.

Look forward to hearing about more as it happens!

Thanks for the update! I hope that when they return they can do a comparison to DCL. I know other lines are wonderful too but I just haven't been able to bring myself to book something other than Disney.

Please tell them all their PodSquad stalkers said "hello"! :wave:

Hey wait a minute...I thought they were anniversarying. You mean they're birthdaying too? :confused3

YAY!! I'm so happy to see this update. I spoke to Julie during their layover at the Philadelphia airport. She was so bubbly and excited. :banana: I've been hoping that it's been going well. :thumbsup2

Yes Calypso, it's a double celebration. :banana: :banana:

Thanks for the update Pete! Glad to hear there were no problems with customs or anything! We'll look forward to hearing about it when they return...the cruise....not the anniversarying....;)

Thanks Pete! Tell them their Pod Squad wishes them a wonderful trip!

I'm so jealous!! Can't wait to hear of their adventures when they return!!

DH and I are doing a cruise in a few weeks...we're doing an Eastern Caribbean itinerary and sailing aboard the Caribbean Princess. We're doing the birthdaying and anniversarying thing too! My birthday is August 31, DH's birthday is September 7, and our anniversary is September 10! Can't wait!!

Thanks for updating us!

I'll step up and agree that Celebrity is quite "highbrow" and dressing for dinner is a MUST. I have seen them refuse people to the dining room if they were not dressed properly.

We had a good time with X (Celebrity) but I will admit I was nervous I was going to put my elbows on the table or make some other fatal mistake the whole time! :rotfl:

Hope they have a great time!

We're on the Millenium in February for 7 nights and I too am worried about the whole dress code thing. I'm looking forward to hearing about their trip. I can't wait to hear about the ship and their whole vacation. I hope their having a good time, I'm SO jealous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter