Just heard a rumor about Pirates

If it affects anyone's trip I apologize. But it better not push up the completion date and effect our trip in November. A trip to DW without POC is like you might as well stay home..... :confused3

Hoping so!! It's my youngest daughter's favorite ride!!!

Still can't get a FP for it for May 12th though!

I just hope this doesn't mean they cheaping out on the refurb though. From everything I've heard the imagineers wanted it closed longer than the first set of announced dates. I love PotC, but it needs a good and thorough refurb.

Anyone able to book a FP for Pirates in June before it gets closed? I tried yesterday but it didn't show up as an option.

Hi Everybody,
Just read a post on a facebook site that said the Pirates refurb has been pushed back to June 8th. Anyone hear/read this?
That is great news! It's one of my fav's and we are going for Memorial Day weekend. Whoo Hoo!

This is great news!! We are going the third week in May and we were all bummed that it was going to be closed. The only bad part is all of our FP+ have been booked for our week so if its open we will be in the standby line, but it will still be worth the wait!

I am so happy, we love that ride!! Thought we were going have to miss it this time around.

Orlando Park News saying "it was announced" this morning -

Pirates of the Caribbean's Refurbishment Shortened
Saturday, April 18, 2015
"As many of our Readers will remember, the Walt Disney World Resort recently confirmed that one of the most iconic attractions of the park - Pirates of the Caribbean - will close for a major refurbishment that was originally going to last more than four months. Earlier this morning, it was announced that the attraction is now scheduled to be closed from June 8 through September 25 (previously the refurbishment was scheduled to start on May 11)."
It's still pretty much a 4-month refurb that's starting a few weeks later than previously announced, but still encompasses the entire summer.

However, getting the continuous problems fixed is what remains most important.

Just hope Disney updates their own site at some point. Schedule for May 11th still shows it as closed for refurb.

This is AWESOME! We are going 5/30-6/6 and we LOVE it and were so sad it would be closed. It was closed a lot on NYE but we managed to jump on just as it opened very briefly. Made my Monday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter