Just had to cancel BCV in Feb :(

SaraSpringsIsHome

Too excited to sleep!
Just had to let go of 6 nights in a studio at BCV in late February :sad::sad::sad: This is the only place where people true *get* how said it is to cancel a trip, especially when I was able to get such a difficult room!

DH and I are in the process of moving (out of state) and both just started new jobs, so we won't be able to travel in February. I was SO excited when I was able to snag the room in September, but life said not this time.

I hope somebody else was able to grab it or fulfill a waitlist since it was around the Princess 1/2 marathon.

Pity party commencing...

I feel for you. A few years ago, I had to cancel a trip the day before. DH went back into AFIB. I couldn't call. Had to have DD call MS. This was a 2 week early Dec trip.

But we've made two more trips since then. Your day will come. Keep planning. Good luck in the new jobs.

Just had to let go of 6 nights in a studio at BCV in late February :sad::sad::sad: This is the only place where people true *get* how said it is to cancel a trip, especially when I was able to get such a difficult room!
Oh noooooo :( That was my reaction on the first sentence. We take these things to heart because we’re familiar with the worry or experience of losing that exciting trip. You will go again :) and next time will be just as great as this might have!

Well, all the more reason to schedule something in the future to get back to BCV and enjoy it! We do a lot of planning, and every so often life gets in the way and we need to postpone. See, you call it cancel (which, technically, it is!!), but we prefer postpone.....! Best of luck with your move and the new jobs. Sounds like a lot going on......

DH and I are in the process of moving (out of state) and both just started new jobs, so we won't be able to travel in February. I was SO excited when I was able to snag the room in September, but life said not this time.

I hope somebody else was able to grab it or fulfill a waitlist since it was around the Princess 1/2 marathon.

Pity party commencing...
:grouphug:

Pity party commencing...
I'll bring a buffalo chicken dip and some Sam Adams Winter Lager! I understand how you feel! When we returned from our F&W stay at BCV in October, I had to make the decision [due to extended family health issues] to cancel our upcoming 11/29 - 12/6 trip to BCV to see the Christmas decorations.

The good news is that I have 112 points that I banked for 2024 Use Year and ready to pull the trigger on our 2024 F&W at BCV from 10/23 - 10/31! Now I'm debating whether to use some points for Christmas time 2024 or Festival of the Arts, probably late January 2025? Leaning towards the January stay.

Last edited:

UGH that really is sad. We have only cancelled a WDW trip once and re-scheduled a trip twice.
Was this using your own points or did you rent? If you rented, was there a cancellation fee?

Pity party commencing...
We had somehow snagged a BCV studio for opening weekend (MLK Weekend) of Festival of the Arts. Then Frontier changed their flight schedule to flights that won't work for us so we had to cancel the trip. I know the feeling....

Your day will come. Keep planning. Good luck in the new jobs.
Thank you! It’s not like we didn’t just go in August and October 🤣 We just bit the bullet on APs this year so I’m hoping we get to use them at least one more time.
Oh noooooo :( That was my reaction on the first sentence. We take these things to heart because we’re familiar with the worry or experience of losing that exciting trip. You will go again :) and next time will be just as great as this might have!
Thank you. I’m sure I’ll find some time once we are all settled to plan another trip in 2024!

See, you call it cancel (which, technically, it is!!), but we prefer postpone.....! Best of luck with your move and the new jobs. Sounds like a lot going on......
Postpone, I like that! Fingers crossed we get an offer on our house today and can start really moving forward with everything. And then get settled so I scan the 2024 calendar for a date that works for the postponed trip!
The good news is that I have 112 points that I banked for 2024 Use Year and ready to pull the trigger on our 2024 F&W at BCV from 10/23 - 10/31!
Good way to think of it… we also now have an extra 112 points to play with for 2024 :-)
Was this using your own points or did you rent?
It was using our own points. We have a Dec UY so we have plenty of time to use these 2023 points!
We had somehow snagged a BCV studio for opening weekend (MLK Weekend) of Festival of the Arts. Then Frontier changed their flight schedule to flights that won't work for us so we had to cancel the trip. I know the feeling....
The illusive BCV studios! That really stinks about Frontier changing their schedule- I hope you’re able to find another time to go!

I feel your pain.
We have to change our January plans now too. Coming from Canada, the last thing you wanna cancel is a sunny warm vaca!!

Oof, always hard to make changes to a Disney vacation especially when it’s a coup as a BCV studio. Best of luck to you and your husband on your new jobs and moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter