• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just had a scare!!

martinrmn

DIS Veteran
Double checked our passports and my sons expires June 12th 2013. We land back home Dec 21st. Is it 6 months after or 3 months we land it must be valid for?:eek: Just checked, 90 days after we are due to come home which means March 21st 2013:thumbsup2
That will teach me.

US immigration don't care as long as it is valid for the trip - you will be fine.

Some charter airlines say 6 months as a blanket policy. The scheduled airlines don't.

US immigration don't care as long as it is valid for the trip - you will be fine.

Some charter airlines say 6 months as a blanket policy. The scheduled airlines don't.

Thanks, always good for reassurance. :thumbsup2We fly with Virgin Dec 6th and to be honest never had a problem before. Just seems daft that pssports must be valid 6 months after you return home. Why 6 months? What difference does it make?:confused3

Most UK travellers are exempt from the 6 months rule, as above passports just need to be valid the dates you fly.

We are part of the "6 month club" this is a club of countries that do not need to meet the 6 month validity rule

you're fine as long as you return before your passport expires.

Your admission period will also be shortened. You'll be admitted until your passport expiration date instead of 90 days (should the passport expire within those 90 days)

here is CBP's PDF regarding the 6 month club

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov...lentin_04162008.ctt/clp_bulletin_04162008.pdf

I cannot thank you all enough. Reassurance is always good to have especially from the experts on this site. I had a thought we would be okay but just needed that reassurance.:thumbsup2:dance3::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter