Just Got Sprinkled with Pixie Dust!

Talray - Don't feel sad about it. Sometimes even a free upgrade is not a great thing - perhaps a noisy location, etc. I turned down the free offer and am perfectly happy. From speaking with the DCL CM, I get the impression that MAYBE they offer the free upgrades first to those who have sailed the most with them or if there are other circumstances prompting them to do so. Most often it is probably random . . sort of like the lottery - lol. But obviously they won't give everyone a free upgrade just because the Cat. 4 were not selling. By the time your TA made the offer to you, my guess is they had done several free upgrades and were trying to at least make some profit from whatever Cat. 4 were left. It was nothing personal.

In 12 DCL cruises I've been offered three upgrades and only accepted one. Be happy with your Cat. 6. It just might be a better, quieter location. ;)

(What's the Walt Disney Suite?)

The Walt Disney and Roy Disney suites are the two largest cabins on both ships. They each have 2 1/2 baths, a living room, dining room, media room and two bedrooms. They are currently labeled as Category 1 cabins and you must call DCL to inquire about, or book them (as well as the cat 2 and 3 suites). None of the suites show up as available, for any cruise, on their web site.

Room 8028 Rocks! Take care of it I'm sure we'll be back in it soon! It is an absolutely perfect location IMHO!

This is our 1st Disney Cruise, we are a family of 7. (myself, dh, 5 kids) Booked with Disney Crusie Line directly about 1 1/2 months ago. All we could get that would accomodate all of us was 2 (cat 5) rooms, dlx ocean view with verandah. As nice as the verandah sounds, it's something that we just really could do without. They told us there was nothing in any cat under a 5. I am sooo very confused as I happened upon something, someplace else (can't remember where) that showed the deck plans and it appears that other state rooms were available that would accomodate all 7 of us. (4 in one room, 3 in the other.) I realize a upgrade is never to be expected, or ever guaranteed. Just wondering if anyone out there has ever been upgrade from a cat 5 to a higher catagory? Thanks for your time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter