• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got snail mail pin code

Hmm, wonder what will happen if they release the promos for early 2013, LM rooms are excluded, and lots of people drop their LM reservations? As of right now, there are no LM rooms available on the website for the week we'll be there. I know that doesn't bode well for discounts, but if we're all in the grab the reservation and then wait for the discount boat, those rooms could empty out quick.

So I just called to see if there was a pin under my mothers name. She was getting them this year for 2012 like they were going out of style! Anyway...no. There was not but the very nice CM said November 2013 might be too far out right now and to just keep checking.

I only had the CM price two resorts. WL was 35% off and FQ was 20% off. I'm still trying to figure out a way to make the pin work for me. I did ask about the dates I was hoping for---April 11-15 and the CM said they were blocked. If I call again and get any more info---I will let you know.

I am willing to swithc from LM with no discount to POFQ for a 20% discount. Its comes out only $82 more for a mod.

And there it is! I do believe my odds of keeping my AoA reservation are going to be slim and quickly approaching none. :sad1: Grrrrrr!

I have given up! Still debating if i can resist a nice discount at a mod.

fuzzlekins said:
And there it is! I do believe my odds of keeping my AoA reservation are going to be slim and quickly approaching none. :sad1: Grrrrrr!

Just wondering. How come you are going to switch? I'm assuming you booked AoA because that's where you want to stay. But just because no discount you're going to not stay at your #1 pick? I think you should plan your trip assuming no discount and then if you do get one it's a bonus. I booked BC and if no discount comes out I'm not going to switch to a mod. I think you should stick with AoA. You may regret it later if you don't. :)

Hi Guys,

Just got a pin code and of course the dates I was hoping for are not on it! Go figure. But anyway:

Save up to 35% next year
on a stay at a select Walt Disney World Resort Hotel
for stays most nights 1/2-3/24 and 4/21-5/22/13

I hope any of you who needs it--get it soon!:flower3:

Oh I need that so badly for my marathon weekend room!

Got an email one, but it only goes to 12/20/2012 - boo!

Yay! We are planning May 4 - May 11 and are thinking Deluxe - I hope I get something in the mail soon. I'm in Canada though - so it usually takes a while.

I guess I could call and see if I see a PIN.

Just wondering. How come you are going to switch? I'm assuming you booked AoA because that's where you want to stay. But just because no discount you're going to not stay at your #1 pick? I think you should plan your trip assuming no discount and then if you do get one it's a bonus. I booked BC and if no discount comes out I'm not going to switch to a mod. I think you should stick with AoA. You may regret it later if you don't. :)

Because we're going during a low period when there's ordinarily a discount, I planned on getting a deal from the get-go. We have never stayed on-property b/c we can stay at Liki Tiki Village for $155 for the whole week (we're Occidental Vacation Club members and they've got an arrangement). To make the costs come anywhere near close, they would need to offer FD or a big room discount. We'd definitely prefer LM at AoA b/c it's my daughter's fave princess and b/c it's brand new; however, I'm not willing to pay $1,000 more for it. Considering we open and close parks every day of the trip, it's primarily a place to sleep for us, so the price would really need to be close to sway me. I only made the reservation to hold the spot b/c the CM said I could apply a discount at a later time if one came out. She also thought LM might not be excluded for Feb b/c it's such a low period. However, LM is currently full for our dates so I'm highly doubting they're going to give us FD to stay there. But if they'll give us FD to stay at another value resort, we'll stay on property this one time.

I got the same pin in the mail yesterday and booked the AoA Nemo Suite.
It is 15% off :) I am happy with that, but would be even happier with FD!

Just booked our stay for 3/24-3/28 last week. I am wondering if I will still get a PIN since I just booked? Also stinks that it would end the first day of our stay. Really not possible to go any earlier due to an event at my husband's work or we would have went the week before. :(

Find it strange that the discount goes through the week before Easter, which MOST of March is considered spring break, but doesn't start again untill the 21st of April????( 3 full weeks after) We are booked starting on the 15th of April, which is supposed to be slower....now I am wondering if I picked a bad week.

Find it strange that the discount goes through the week before Easter, which MOST of March is considered spring break, but doesn't start again untill the 21st of April????( 3 full weeks after) We are booked starting on the 15th of April, which is supposed to be slower....now I am wondering if I picked a bad week.

I found that curious as well. We're there the same week as you and can't change - air tix bought and it's school vaca week. Hoping for the best that if/when a GP offer comes out we won't left out!:goodvibes

I called about a month ago and asked if I had a PIN associated with my household and was told no. Today I called to make some changes to my reservation and when the CM asked if I needed anything else I said "I don't happen to have a PIN associated with my household do I?"

I then explained that I'm sure I didn't because I checked like a month ago and I hadn't received anything by mail or email...however, I did have a RO PIN code! It was for up to 35%. My reservation is for a savannah room at AKL and the current GP RO offer doesn't apply (except maybe 5%) so I booked using the GP p/s/d offer. When the CM applied the PIN code I was so hoping I'd get the full 35%, which I think would have saved me a couple hundred dollars. The final quote was only $72 less but hey, I'm happy to save $72 any day!!!

So - as others have said, it never hurts to call and ask!

I called about a month ago and asked if I had a PIN associated with my household and was told no. Today I called to make some changes to my reservation and when the CM asked if I needed anything else I said "I don't happen to have a PIN associated with my household do I?"

I then explained that I'm sure I didn't because I checked like a month ago and I hadn't received anything by mail or email...however, I did have a RO PIN code! It was for up to 35%. My reservation is for a savannah room at AKL and the current GP RO offer doesn't apply (except maybe 5%) so I booked using the GP p/s/d offer. When the CM applied the PIN code I was so hoping I'd get the full 35%, which I think would have saved me a couple hundred dollars. The final quote was only $72 less but hey, I'm happy to save $72 any day!!!

So - as others have said, it never hurts to call and ask!

That's awesome! I think I may call and check as well. Is there a specific number to call or is just the general vacation booking number?

That's awesome! I think I may call and check as well. Is there a specific number to call or is just the general vacation booking number?

I called the general vacation booking number! Good luck!! I told the CM that I was glad that I asked because I never got an email or postcard and she said she doesn't know why some people don't get the offer - maybe filtered in email or accidentally deleted. But I've been checking my junk folder and I know I didn't accidentally delete the offer so....who knows? Maybe I'll get a postcard eventually?

I would also check to see if anyone else going with you has a PIN code associated with their name. When we've gotten them in the past they were sometimes addressed to my husband.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter