• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got off the Magic

Where is the best place to watch the fireworks on the Magic? :sail:

We asked a crew member as we leaving the pirate party (too loud for my kid)...she said they were going to be over the starboard side, best seen from deck 10, cannot see from deck 4 bc of lifeboats. We ended up going back to our room which was deck 7 starboard but forward. We saw most of the fireworks but it wasn't a great view.

The Magic doesn't have on demand on the stateroom TVs?! Is it all broadcast?

No on demand. Just a bunch of channels...one played Classic disney animated movies, another played dis jr shows, another played dis channel live action shows, and then all the same on the spanish channels. Also music channels. Seemed like 'the intern' was on several channels all the time in both English and spanish.

Mickey zip-lined at the pirate deck party on the 1/17/16 cruise on the Wonder. On this sailing, the deck party was at 7:30pm, with the fireworks around 8pm (to finish in time for those with second seating dinner to get to their dining rooms).

Mickey's ziplining appearance is extremely weather-sensitive, though.

This was the same timeline we had on 1/24-1/29. Davy Jones funnel vision challenge thing at 7:15

Is Carcioca's a buffet for breakfast?(like Enchanted is on the Fantasy, smaller, they serve drinks to you?)

You had Thor? I'm so jealous! We were on the Magic 2 weeks ago and only had Captain America. His line was super long - we waited an hour to see him.

Also, agree about Cabanas 18-21 -- I had Cabana 19 and just wasn't a fan of the overall feeling of the area. I know some people love it with the little private lagoon but I think I would have been a lot happier on the other side. And totally agree, new bathrooms are great!

Hey there! We sailed on the Fantasy for our first Disney Cruise this past September and are sailing on the Magic this coming November. Few questions

- Can you confirm which princesses were on your ship
- Did you find the princesses were out and about often? or just at the meet and greet? We saw them a lot on our 7 day fantasy and seriously they made my son's trip
- Was there sushi at Cabanas? Fantasy had it but I'm expecting so i couldn't indulge! Also do they still offer a full shrimp and crab bar during lunch?

Thanks a million!

Hey there! We sailed on the Fantasy for our first Disney Cruise this past September and are sailing on the Magic this coming November. Few questions

- Did you find the princesses were out and about often? or just at the meet and greet? We saw them a lot on our 7 day fantasy and seriously they made my son's trip
- Was there sushi at Cabanas? Fantasy had it but I'm expecting so i couldn't indulge! Also do they still offer a full shrimp and crab bar during lunch?

Thanks a million!

Rapunzel, belle, cindarella

We only saw the princesses at meet and greats. Saw other characters out and about. Was talking to nursery cast member who said that the characters have a set amount of time to meet guests in meet and greet. If they get thru the line early and have extra time that's when they wander around or go into the clubs. She said it's more likely to happen at night when the lines are shorter.

Did not see any sushi. There was shrimp, crab, and some kind of oysters or mussels or something that looks like that (I don't eat it so I'm not sure)

we're in cabana 5 this year and I hear the privacy is way better than 18 so looking forward to it

another question for you - did you go to the pirate show? if so was it like the dream with the fun bone guy on funnel vision or is more like a rock concert like on the wonder?

also did you happen to notice if people sat down or largely stayed standing when viewing the pirate show...

THANKS!
We just came off the Magic on Wednesday-- the pirate show got crowded pretty fast and most people were standing. If you're sitting it will be hard to see. Mickey goes down the zip wire, i can't remember if he did that on the Dream b/c we were late for the pirate show.

Thanks a million!
Just got off Magic this week:
1. Princesses-- Cinderella, Belle, Rapunzel, Elsa, and Anna
2. Mostly at the meet and greet but we ran into Belle in the hallway and she took a picture with my daughter
3. Sushi-- i can't recall b/c wasn't looking for it. There were shrimp and crab bar during lunch

Tangled played 3 times on one of our at sea days (2pm, 6 pm, 8 pm). No clue about the beer.
We loved Tangled, it was so well done. The show was amazing and the cast was so friendly. We ran into two cast members who played Rapunzel and Flynn--Emily and Landon on the ship and they kindly invited my daughter to take a picture with them.

We were on the Magic in May last year and there was sushi. Not every day, but at least once, if not twice. Fingers crossed for you that they still have it.

What time was your PAT and how long did you wait for tickets?

my sister had PAT 11:15, checked in at 10:30, got boarding group 2

We had PAT 11, checked in at 11, got boarding group 3, got on boat a bit after noon (we all went with during group 2 boarding)

We waiting maybe 5 mins to check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter