Just got off the fantasy

Did you have any problem with customs at Port Canaveral because of the Sequester?

Someone on our meet thread called Disney and they reserved D Lounge for our meet and greet. I was shocked they would do this but I highly recommend it! It was nice since we had a lot of families!

Do you know how it was reserved? Sounds like a great idea and would like to look into it for our June 15th cruise. ;)

No. Clayton the cruise director announced that because of the short amount of time at Castway Cay, there would be no food service. However, they did have snacks set up at Cookies (chips, fruit, cookies, sandwiches). Crew members ran off the ship to get things set up.

Cabanas did serve bbq ribs for lunch that day.

With just a short amount of time at Castway Cay, I would have been content with a day at sea; however, my wife loves Castway Cay, so even 2.5 hours on the island, made her happy.

Mike

Do you know what happened to people who had booked the private cabanas? In this case, would they not be charged?

All excursions, rentals, etc., were cancelled. The cabanas were not used. We walked down the beach towards the family cabanas and found Julia and Kamisha from the concierge staff playing on the beach in the cabana area. We were concierge so they recognized us and encouraged us to cross the rope. They told us that they arranged to let concierge guests use the cabana beach that afternoon since the cabanas were not in use. They encouraged us to come down, but we had already set up with friends. It was clear that the staff had little warning that we were returning to CC as Julia and Kamisha were in their concierge suits and dress shoes on the beach! They seemed to be trying to make the best of the situation on short notice!

Do you know how it was reserved? Sounds like a great idea and would like to look into it for our June 15th cruise. ;)

I reserved D Lounge for the Meet and Greet on our upcoming cruise, and it was quite easy. Just go on the DCL website and find the customer service number. Call and tell the cast member you'd like to reserve the D Lounge for a private event for your DIS board meet and greet. They'll email you an application. You fill it out and send it back. They say you'll hear within a month of your cruise, but I got my confirmation about a week later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter