Just got off Magic 7 day...+s and -s

What is so bad about Key West? We'll be on the Eastern next month but just in case we ever go on the Western I would like to know. We have 4 kids under 10. Thanks!

I love Key West, but then I'm half of a lesbian couple. Sorry if the kids saw adult stuff. I didn't experience any of that there.
Will be glad to be back a full day. Our docking was cut short at KW due to high seas.
Bobbi :)

The gay/lesbian culture is not something we encountered in Key West. What was hard for us (as a family with younger kids) was the graphic nature of all the t-shirts in the store windows (sexually explicit) and the drug stuff everywhere. We did not see drugs....but all the stuff that goes with it we did see and again t-shirts with drug stuff on it. I'm certainly NOT a prude, but I had a hard time with my kids, especially my 11 year old DS, who was very aware of everything. Example...he wanted henna tatoo and one he could get was a couple (male/female) engaged in intercourse...not your standard "missionary position" either. There were several of those to chose from and they were prominently displayed everywhere. I could give several more examples but I think you get the picture. I think it would be great to hang out there and party with some adult friends, but I wouldn't go back with the kids.

Oh, by the way...the street we saw this on was Duval. We had planned to hang out, eat dinner and see the sunset festival, which I hear is awesome, but headed back to the boat instead.

We pretty much avoided Duval St w/ DD6, and had a great time. DD6 loved the Butterfly Museum, and the Key West Aquarium. We also went to the Hemingway House with the 6 toed cats (DD loves cats). This year we did the Trolley tour which she also enjoyed. The "Cat Man" in puts on quite a show, along with the other Mallory Sq. act (ie. balloon man, escape artist, etc.)

We were already thinking about staying on the ship for one stop and decided Key West might be best. Thank you for the info, now it will Definately be KW!

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter