Just got off fantasy yesterday

Pooh001

Mouseketeer
Just got off 7 day Western Caribbean on Fantasy- let me know if anyone gas any questions. It was a great trip w incredibly calm seas!

We were on the same cruise concierge level. The trip was amazing! I can't say enough good things. It was almost as if disney order perfect weather too!

We'll be sailing on the Fantasy in four weeks! What I need is realistic packing advice. We have Palo brunch and dinner booked. We're not into dressing up all of the time because we have to do that in real life. We will also be traveling with three kids(9, 8, &6).
TIA!
Anne :)

We leave for the same cruise in 6 days. I have a few questions.

Did you do any excursions? If so, did you enjoy them?

Are all of the restaurants open for breakfast? Do you just show up? What worked for your family? I am not sure if we would enjoy just having room service for breakfast, going to the buffet, or sitting down at a restaurant. Any recommendations?

Did you purchase any internet minutes or use the internet at the ports? I will be bringing my ipad. Do they just give you a wireless code? Is the coverage only good in certain areas of the ship?

Sailing in six weeks! Would love any tips/tricks/thoughts. We've not been on the Fantasy yet. What excursions did y'all do?

I can NOT wait!

We leave for the same cruise in 6 days. I have a few questions.

Did you do any excursions? If so, did you enjoy them?

Are all of the restaurants open for breakfast? Do you just show up? What worked for your family? I am not sure if we would enjoy just having room service for breakfast, going to the buffet, or sitting down at a restaurant. Any recommendations?

Did you purchase any internet minutes or use the internet at the ports? I will be bringing my ipad. Do they just give you a wireless code? Is the coverage only good in certain areas of the ship?

You are going to have so much fun!!!!

We did the dolphin extreme swim and Turtle farm in Grand Cayman. We really enjoyed it. My son (10) said it was the best part of the trip.
Costa Maya we did the Mayan Ruins. It was good I am glad we did it.
Cozumel we just walked the port for a few hours because DH and son did the golf simulator and both kids had appointments for the Pirates League.

Cabana's, Enchanted Garden and Royal Court are open for breakfast I believe at 8am or 8:30 am you just walk in and they will seat you. We only did Cabana's once and hated it everything was cold and we went at 8:30am. We liked RC and EG but EG was I think all of our favorite for breakfast but it really depends on what your family likes.

We were concierge so we got 100 minute and I think DH had 20 minutes left over he just used to to check work emails. If you get minutes they will show you how to use it. all I remember is you have to type in logout.com so you don't keep using your minutes and not even realize it. I personally never logged on the internet.

Was there an Adventures by Disney rep? If so, do you know if they offered any discounts? Thanks

Great question! This is the deciding factor on us for planning next summer's vacation.

We leave this saturday (and I am practically humming with the excitement!). I have two questions:

1) I bought the internet package that last time (Magic) and felt like my minutes were completely used just getting a connection. Did your husband find it difficult to get on?

2) What movies were playing? The kids (and me) want to see Star Trek and I've been silently hoping it will be playing on board. I'll take Iron Man though if that's there!! LOL!

Cindy

Cozumel day question for Minnie2.

We have an appointment for my son at the Pirate's League around 1pm. We plan on milling around the port area to stay close to the ship. Do you have any do's or don't's as far as walking around the port area?

Which ports did you have to tender into?

We did the Cayman Tour which took us to Sting Ray City . Our Cozumel stop was Secret River which I highly recommend - an excursion of a lifetime. We also did the ruins in Costa Maya which I recommend . I recommend pack lots of bathing suits - I took 5 and lived in them . I didn't use all the clothes but felt good that I had spares.Wear your suit under your clothes when you get on ship - no line at Aqua Duck and we rode it 3 times. Wait time on sea days about 1 hour . I put a huge credit on board before we left so no bills walking off the ship . Don't forget lots of sunscreen as we always had a bottle wherever we went. I also packed our own snorkel and masks which we used on Castaway Cay and at Sting Ray City. We only had to tender from Cayman. We were the only ship in port all the way so we were spoiled . We were also spoiled by our extremely calm seas the entire trip. Hope your trip goes as well. This was our 9 th Disney cruise and we will be back . Even the grandparents had fun.

Cozumel day question for Minnie2.

We have an appointment for my son at the Pirate's League around 1pm. We plan on milling around the port area to stay close to the ship. Do you have any do's or don't's as far as walking around the port area?

My kids had theirs done at 9am. My daughter washed hers off as soon as we got back to the ship. My sons got a little washed off but I think it was more from touching his face.

Do you remember what the themed nights were for dinner? From what I am finding it looks like the first 3 nights are rotational, then Prince and Princess, Pirate night, Captains Gala, and See ya Real Soon. Does that sound right?

We're headed on a Western Fantasy in August w/party of 7, including my in-laws (mid-80s) and kids ages 6,13,15.

Would love to hear more about your excursions and whether they were workable for children and seniors. I'm tempted to just skip the excursions and enjoy the ship or walk around near port, but if there is a good fit for our group, we'll try it.

Also... which dinner seating do you recommend?

You are going to have so much fun!!!!

We did the dolphin extreme swim and Turtle farm in Grand Cayman. We really enjoyed it. My son (10) said it was the best part of the trip.
Costa Maya we did the Mayan Ruins. It was good I am glad we did it.
Cozumel we just walked the port for a few hours because DH and son did the golf simulator and both kids had appointments for the Pirates League.

Cabana's, Enchanted Garden and Royal Court are open for breakfast I believe at 8am or 8:30 am you just walk in and they will seat you. We only did Cabana's once and hated it everything was cold and we went at 8:30am. We liked RC and EG but EG was I think all of our favorite for breakfast but it really depends on what your family likes.

We were concierge so we got 100 minute and I think DH had 20 minutes left over he just used to to check work emails. If you get minutes they will show you how to use it. all I remember is you have to type in logout.com so you don't keep using your minutes and not even realize it. I personally never logged on the internet.

We have these two same excursions booked for July!! Glad to hear you liked them both!

In Grand Cayman, we are only doing the dolphin encounter, not the swim because my 10 year old son is scared (my 7 year old daughter on the other hand wants to do it). I hope we get a good amount of interaction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter