Just got off amazing first cruise back for the Wonder happy to answer questions

Are you able to tip those who bring room service items in cash or must it be done over the app and your room account?

The main thing my daughter is looking forward to on our upcoming cruise (on the Wonder, but from Galveston) is the Edge. Do you remember what the activities they had there were? I know different kids have different preferences - just trying to get a sense of whether she's likely to really like it or will end up let down...
When are you sailing? We'll be on the Dec 31st sailing out of Galveston.

Can you tell us about the Oceaneer's club? Were you able to do more than one reservation a day? My kids love the club so this is a big deal for them when we cruise on November 29th.
We are cruising on the 29th too!

Can you tell us about the Oceaneer's club? Were you able to do more than one reservation a day? My kids love the club so this is a big deal for them when we cruise on November 29th.
We sail on the 29th too!

I'll second this. We had an 11 am port arrival time and showed up at like 10:45, the walk from our hotel with luggage went faster than I thought. We were told we'd have to wait. We didn't end up waiting the full 15 minutes but we did have to wait. They have limited capacity for the testing and limited waiting space to be tested inside the terminal in San Diego. The testing is the second thing you do. Once they let you through the gate you drop your luggage and then get tested, go through security and then wait for your test results. Once you have cleared with your test results you can check in and go to the boarding area. They had a waiting area for boarding but when we got there it was just time to board so we didn't have to wait. I think that will be pretty common, most of the waiting is for your test results.
We’re taking a shuttle to the port (in port canaveral) what if we drop our luggage off, get tested and someone in our party gets denied boarding? Do you know if we would be able to get our luggage back, lol? Can you wheel all you luggage to testing and then drop it off? 😬

a few questions if there are any updates. we sail out of Galveston on the 19th. i heard you can't get your own drinks in Cabanas. Is that the same outside? Will they fill your (larger) cups or only the small that they have? Also - any rainforest room updates? I have heard $175 for 1 hr 45 mins on the Dream/Fantasy but didn't know if it was different for the Magic/Wonder since smaller. TIA!

a few questions if there are any updates. we sail out of Galveston on the 19th. i heard you can't get your own drinks in Cabanas. Is that the same outside? Will they fill your (larger) cups or only the small that they have? Also - any rainforest room updates? I have heard $175 for 1 hr 45 mins on the Dream/Fantasy but didn't know if it was different for the Magic/Wonder since smaller. TIA!
Having sailed the Wonder in October it was 205 total with gratuity.

We were only the last Baja cruise before the Panama Canal departure:

A castmember was filling drinks in Cabanas as well as out at the Outside drink stations (and the ice cream as well). And jujubiee4 is right about the price of the Rainforest Room. Same price, despite the smaller size and fewer amenities.

a few questions if there are any updates. we sail out of Galveston on the 19th. i heard you can't get your own drinks in Cabanas. Is that the same outside? Will they fill your (larger) cups or only the small that they have?

The drinks station is manned as is the ice cream machine. Drinks are closed from 12-7 am but the water fountain is available if you have a cup.

Every night they filled up our giant water bottles no problem. One night someone behind us had a gallon bottle and requested it filled with ice.

I rarely had to wait, and never longer than a minute. Only drawback is not service until 7 am so if you wake up early and want coffee or tea, tough luck. Or room service I guess.

how are the kid's clubs handled on the Wonder? I have found info on other lines and ships have "sign up times" and you can only reserve so many based on the length of the cruise. I have also seen posts of (on other lines) the kids club getting quarantined is this also happening on DCL? This will be our 8th cruise and our oldest's last one to be in the Edge before she ages out. Will be traveling with 8, 12, 15, 17 yr olds.

There is a registration required for the Club/Lab — ages 3-12; I think it‘s 1.5 hours per day in advance, with more potentially available onboard. Not for Edge or Vibe. I haven’t heard much about onboard quarantine during the cruise, but DCL is testing non-vaccinated kids on the next-to-last morning of 5+ night cruises. If there is a positive, children in the Club/Lab at the same time will be quarantined as close contacts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter