Just got off a very crowded fantasy cruise.

strubberg87

Earning My Ears
Sailed on the fantasy October 19 in room 12528. It was our first Disney cruise and the longest cruise I have been on to date. We traveled with our 3 kids ages 18, 6 and 4. The cruise was fully booked which became very obvious as soon as we got to the terminal. Let me back up and say don't ever use park n cruise If you have an early port arrival time. We arrived at park n cruise facility at around 9:25 am. We were the first there so we would be on the first shuttle over. Then after we had all our stuff unloaded and had already paid did they tell us they would not take us to the terminal until they got the ok from Disney. So we thought oh well we will wait somewhere may as well wait there. Big mistake!!! By the time we got to the terminal the lines just to get in through the metal detectors was very very long. So more waiting. Then once we it in the terminal it was already a madhouse. So crowded ad noisy! By the time we got checked in and boarded the ship it was already almost 12:00. So much for priority boarding with concierge. Let me just say getting on the ship was awesome finally!! When they call your name and you walk into that atrium it is all worth it!! All the planning all the waiting. All worth it!! Being in concierge the first place you are taken Is to the lounge on deck 12. I guess we were just about the last concierge people to board because by the time we got to the lounge it was sooo crowded there was no place to sit except for upstairs on the sun deck which was very hot! The concierge hostess was very nice and politely suggested that we go explore the ship and have lunch. But we really just wanted to sit an relax somewhere quiet and have some of the complimentary drinks! So we brave the heat and and stayed up there till our room was ready about 1. Even after we ventured out to explore it didn't seem that crowded. Lunch at cabanas was nice we were able to find a table easily. It wasn't until the muster drill and the sailwaway party that it really started to seem crowded. Our first dinner was at animators palate. We had late seating I wasn't sure how that would work out with the kids but it actually worked well since they took a late nap most days and they have the dine and play where the kids eat then about 9:15 the kids club staff comes down and picks them up to take them to kids club so the parents can stay and finish dinner. Awesome, right?? We had an early night since we were all tired from a long day.

Thx for your report! Look 4ward to the continuation:-)

Sailed on the fantasy October 19 in room 12528. It was our first Disney cruise and the longest cruise I have been on to date. We traveled with our 3 kids ages 18, 6 and 4. The cruise was fully booked which became very obvious as soon as we got to the terminal. Let me back up and say don't ever use park n cruise If you have an early port arrival time. We arrived at park n cruise facility at around 9:25 am. We were the first there so we would be on the first shuttle over. Then after we had all our stuff unloaded and had already paid did they tell us they would not take us to the terminal until they got the ok from Disney. So we thought oh well we will wait somewhere may as well wait there. Big mistake!!! By the time we got to the terminal the lines just to get in through the metal detectors was very very long. So more waiting. Then once we it in the terminal it was already a madhouse. So crowded ad noisy! By the time we got checked in and boarded the ship it was already almost 12:00. So much for priority boarding with concierge. Let me just say getting on the ship was awesome finally!! When they call your name and you walk into that atrium it is all worth it!! All the planning all the waiting. All worth it!! Being in concierge the first place you are taken Is to the lounge on deck 12. I guess we were just about the last concierge people to board because by the time we got to the lounge it was sooo crowded there was no place to sit except for upstairs on the sun deck which was very hot! The concierge hostess was very nice and politely suggested that we go explore the ship and have lunch. But we really just wanted to sit an relax somewhere quiet and have some of the complimentary drinks! So we brave the heat and and stayed up there till our room was ready about 1. Even after we ventured out to explore it didn't seem that crowded. Lunch at cabanas was nice we were able to find a table easily. It wasn't until the muster drill and the sailwaway party that it really started to seem crowded. Our first dinner was at animators palate. We had late seating I wasn't sure how that would work out with the kids but it actually worked well since they took a late nap most days and they have the dine and play where the kids eat then about 9:15 the kids club staff comes down and picks them up to take them to kids club so the parents can stay and finish dinner. Awesome, right?? We had an early night since we were all tired from a long day.

I am soooo anxious to read more. We are booked in 12528 on the Fantasy next Oct and would love to hear more about the stateroom and benefits of concierge.

I should have added...I am particularly curious about your thoughts on noise, the view, the pressure washer location, etc. Thanks!!!

Me too! We're in 12528 on November 16. I was a little disappointed to learn about the pressure washer, but I'm trying to look on the bright side. I think the four year old will think it's awesome.

Just to address the questions regarding the location and concierge being worth it. If I could have chosen one of the rooms with the extended balcony I would have. The pressure washer was not an issue. It was to the side and did not obstruct the view The location is excellent for watching the fireworks. And it is super convenient to the lounge. As far as concierge being worth it this was our first Disney cruise so not having been before we really don't have anything to compare it too. We used the lounge a lot. Loved the cappuccino latte hot chocolate machine, snacks all day and 2 to 3 happy hours A day! Being that the ship was full it was nice to have access to he lounge. Also the location of the room is very close to everything. U walk out of the door on deck 12 and the quiet cove pool is right there. Also you can go from the concierge sun deck to the satellite falls deck from 2 different private entrances.

[another note kind of out of order. If you are traveling concierge I would get to the terminal as early as possible. You can check in and board as soon as they start. So park a the terminal, take A cab, or hotel shuttle so u can get there before 10:30. So day 2 was much more relaxed. A much needed day at sea that started with coffee from the lounge and an early breakfast at cabanas. Our kids are early risers ( well the little two are) so at 7:30 cabanas was not crowded at all! We are then went back to get our swimsuits on and enjoy some pool time before it got too crowded. The pool areas and the aquaduck were all very not crowded until about 11 or so. I guess some lucky people get to sleep late ! The rest of the day was spent exploring the ship and then napping to get ready for dinner. We had late dining which worked out great with the kids. They Would nap for a while and we would head to the concierge lounge for some quiet time and adult beverages. We missed a lot of the activities and shows because of the kids naps but it made dinner much more enjoyable.

The second day at sea was as relaxing as the first day. We did about the same as the first day. Cabanas breakfast, pool time with the kids, lunch at the fast food counters. Then we took the kids to kids club for a while to have some grown up time at satellite falls. We had palo reservations for 7 so we let the kids stay at kids club till about 5 then went back to the room and let them have room service for dinner while they watched a movie. The movie selection in the rooms Is amazing. The rooms are not set up very well to have meals though. Only the suites have tables

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter