Just got Disney email

Orgamizer said:
I have reservations for 11/29 - 12/6 (7 nites) with MYW + Dining at ASMo for myself, DH and DS13. We also have the Park hopper ticket option.
My total costs (excluding airfare) was 2099.00.
I have read about codes YQC and YQE.
Can someone tell me more about these codes and if they will help us save some $$ on our upcoming trip?

If you call and have them apply the YQE code you will most likely save some money. Did you book through a travel agent or Disney? The original code was for $999 (four nights at a value resort and tickets ---no park hopping, I think).It is definitely worth a try! Good luck!

fivefordisney said:
If you call and have them apply the YQE code you will most likely save some money. Did you book through a travel agent or Disney? The original code was for $999 (four nights at a value resort and tickets ---no park hopping, I think).It is definitely worth a try! Good luck!
First a correction on my first package cost. The total was $2299.05 not $2099.05. And I did not take into account the extra $70.00 we were going to have to pay for a fridge that we requested be in the room. Also we had a preferred room with ParkHopper, Magic Pack Plus, and Dining.So actually total cost around $2369.05.

Secondly, after reading the boards about the YQE code (w/dining), I decided that nothing ventured is nothing gained, so I called Disney Reservations to see if the code could be applied to my current reservation. First I spoke with a pleasant enough young man who told me that I could not, but that I could make a new reservation and cancel the old one. But since we have already paid for the reservation via check, I didn't want to go through a lengthy process waiting for a refund while being out another $2300.00. So I decided to think about it and call back. Then I remembered reading that sometimes if you call back and talk to a different CM that you can sometimes get a different answer, so I called back.

Boy am I glad I did! I spoke with a CM named Cypress. She was very polite and helpful. I explained to her what I was trying to do and after putting me on hold for a few minutes, she stated that although there was not availability in the ASMo for my dates using the YQE code, she could offer me the same package using the code at ASSp for $1978.05(standard room) or $2079.05 (preferred room) which was a savings of $220.00 over our original reservation. And best of all, she said she could just add the code to my current reservation and change the resort without having to cancel the old reservation.

Then I really decided to get bold!! My DH originally wanted to stay at POR, but we decided on the value resorts so we could add the dining plan and still have extra cash to go to the Aloha Luau and buy some souvenirs. So, out of curiousity, I inquired as to the rate for the same package there. The CM quoted me a price of $2324.80 for a standard room ($2441.80 - Waterview)which was only $25.75 more to upgrade for 7 nights!!! And the fridge is included!!(another $70.00 saved!) So I am a very happy camper and my husband is absolutely thrilled !!! So thanks to the board for the great info on the new codes and thanks for saving me some money and getting me basically a free upgrade to a moderate resort :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :bounce:
Only 56 days to go!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!

fivefordisney said:
What was the deal, if you don't mind me asking? Is it better than your $244/night for GV Poly?

It was $267/night GV POLY with the YQE (or what ever the code was) when I called over the weekend. ( Before I knew I had the pin code here at work) so basically w/pin it is $23 less per night GV Poly.

MyTalula said:
It was $267/night GV POLY with the YQE (or what ever the code was) when I called over the weekend. ( Before I knew I had the pin code here at work) so basically w/pin it is $23 less per night GV Poly.

Do you still have the dining plan? My DH and I can't decide if we should pay the $150 more for the room and tix (total) so we can still have the dining plan.

Thanks for the info!!!

Orgamizer said:
First a correction on my first package cost. The total was $2299.05 not $2099.05. And I did not take into account the extra $70.00 we were going to have to pay for a fridge that we requested be in the room. Also we had a preferred room with ParkHopper, Magic Pack Plus, and Dining.So actually total cost around $2369.05.

Secondly, after reading the boards about the YQE code (w/dining), I decided that nothing ventured is nothing gained, so I called Disney Reservations to see if the code could be applied to my current reservation. First I spoke with a pleasant enough young man who told me that I could not, but that I could make a new reservation and cancel the old one. But since we have already paid for the reservation via check, I didn't want to go through a lengthy process waiting for a refund while being out another $2300.00. So I decided to think about it and call back. Then I remembered reading that sometimes if you call back and talk to a different CM that you can sometimes get a different answer, so I called back.

Boy am I glad I did! I spoke with a CM named Cypress. She was very polite and helpful. I explained to her what I was trying to do and after putting me on hold for a few minutes, she stated that although there was not availability in the ASMo for my dates using the YQE code, she could offer me the same package using the code at ASSp for $1978.05(standard room) or $2079.05 (preferred room) which was a savings of $220.00 over our original reservation. And best of all, she said she could just add the code to my current reservation and change the resort without having to cancel the old reservation.

Then I really decided to get bold!! My DH originally wanted to stay at POR, but we decided on the value resorts so we could add the dining plan and still have extra cash to go to the Aloha Luau and buy some souvenirs. So, out of curiousity, I inquired as to the rate for the same package there. The CM quoted me a price of $2324.80 for a standard room ($2441.80 - Waterview)which was only $25.75 more to upgrade for 7 nights!!! And the fridge is included!!(another $70.00 saved!) So I am a very happy camper and my husband is absolutely thrilled !!! So thanks to the board for the great info on the new codes and thanks for saving me some money and getting me basically a free upgrade to a moderate resort :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2: :bounce:
Only 56 days to go!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!

I think you will love POR as compared to the value resorts! We were there in August and are planning on going to the Poly this December. It is funny about those CMs--you don't always get the same answer twice! I have called 4 times about my pin/email code and have gotten four different answers! Now I am just trying to decide which code works best for us!

Have a great trip!!

how do you sign up for the emails ?

I just found my e-mail in my spam blocker, thanks for the heads up. I already had a AAA rate for the Poly for my December trip. My AAA rate was $258/night, the pin code with the e-mail was $244/night. Not a big savings, but every little bit helps. Thanks for the heads up about the e-mails. Who knows, I may have been getting these e-mails before and they were being blocked with spam filter. Thanks again.

fivefordisney said:
Do you still have the dining plan? My DH and I can't decide if we should pay the $150 more for the room and tix (total) so we can still have the dining plan.

Thanks for the info!!!

But I'm considering dropping and going with room only which was $1360 for 5 nights GV Poly including all taxes. SINCE I couldn't get any ADR's yesterday I wanted. :sad2:

But I haven't decided. The CM I had, said I could use the code for Room only or package... although the price for the Dining and Tix doesn't seem to be discounted to me even though she tried to tell me it was. :confused3

I guess I have a couple weeks to figure it all out, before final payment is due, or to be able to get all of my money back.

I'm not sure there's a way to make sure you get e-mails. People have reported signing up for everything "Disney-marketing" they can find. I've never done that though and I got the e-mail. The only reason (as far as I know) that Disney has my e-mail is b/c I gave it to them when I made reservations last year.

Also, to make sure that you get the e-mails and they don't wind up in your "spam" folder, add the Disney e-mail address to your e-mail address book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter