Just Got Bak And Guess Whut

CBAGGS

Earning My Ears
Hey ya'll
I just got baack from the June 21 cruise
I know there was talk about this earlier but its gonna happen
Common Grounds is turning into an adult cofee house and espn will become the new common grounds but it won't be called common grounds its going to start with an S and have a new york style theme
and espn wil then go down to off beat and off beat will be gone
they chose off beat since it makes people sick alot
Well thats the info I got
Kari

Never heard of "Off Beat" making people sick, can you explain more?

If Off Beat will be gone, did they say anything about "The Dueling Pianos". They can't do away with Fidelio and The Dueling Pianos!!

sue

Originally posted by CBAGGS

and espn wil then go down to off beat and off beat will be gone
they chose off beat since it makes people sick alot
Well thats the info I got
Kari

So if Off Beat was "making people sick alot", does that mean the new ESPN will make people sick too?? same location, right? how was it making people sick???

Thanks, Jeanny :wave:

We heard about all the moves from the Captain on our May 10th cruise. He never mentioned choosing Off Beat because it made people sick. In fact he made it sound like the choice was based on usage (ie. they didn't get as many people in that club as the others).

The only reason I would think that people say Off Beat would make them sick is the decor being lots of big, bold colorful circles. Maybe that doesn't go well with rolling seas.

I really don't know because the only time we've been in off beat has been for DVC presentations and Castaway Club receptions.

Originally posted by sjm
Never heard of "Off Beat" making people sick, can you explain more?

If Off Beat will be gone, did they say anything about "The Dueling Pianos". They can't do away with Fidelio and The Dueling Pianos!!

sue

WE, Fidelio Fan Club Members will be known as the "Fidelio Fighters" if that happens!!!

Rae

Originally posted by rae519
WE, Fidelio Fan Club Members will be known as the "Fidelio Fighters" if that happens!!!

Rae

And I second that!!!!
If anything, I thought Sessions was a little unused. There must be a happy medium somewhere and keeping Dueling Piano's is a must!
Heck no...... don't let Fidelio go!!!!!

Rae - count me in as one of the "Fidelio fighters". We are looking at one of the Antigua itins and I told hubby that if we book it and later find out Fidelio isn't on the Magic, I would cancel our cruise.

Laura24 - Sessions may be a little under-used, but it is a lovely place to sit, have a drink, listen to the piano and watch the waves. Whenever Fidelio and Jeff weren't on, we would go to sessions. I would not be a happy camper if they got rid of sessions.

sue

Originally posted by rae519

Rae

Ditto !! and as Laura says - Heck no Don't let Fidelio GO!!!

We need Fan Club membership cards or buttons or something for our next cruise(s)!! I am no artist but we should be able to come up with something...

As for Offbeat making people sick - its the idea that Fidelio and DP may be gone that is making me sick
:(

Rae/Laura and all the rest of you - go check out HELLO from the Magic. There is VERY disturbing news there - it says Fidelio wasn't on the Magic last week!!!

Hi Kari -- How are you?! Glad to see you made it home!

On the topic of Dueling Pianos -- I was on the June 21 cruise (with Kari and Family). I spoke with the lead singer of Sea Breeze, who worked Dueling Pianos with Fidelio in June 2002. He told me Dueling Pianos would be ending in 19 weeks and it was hard to find people to take such a short-term gig. There were 2 new fellows filling in at Dueling Pianos --- can't remember their names at the moment!

Fidelio, in the meantime, was still aboard the Magic to help complete the 19-week gig, and assist the 2 newbies. Yes, he is still aboard the Magic! I caught one of the acts and saw him! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find out where he would be going after the gig ends. Sorry! :- (

Amy

Originally posted by figment52
As for Offbeat making people sick - its the idea that Fidelio and DP may be gone that is making me sick
:(

I think I have had a major stroke.

Would someone call ER for me?
Rae

QUOTE][I think I have had a major stroke.

Rae [/B][/QUOTE]

Should we call Dr. Carter? or Dr. Greene? oh, wait, he can't help any longer, he left the show.... Guess you'll have to have Dr. Carter!! :jester:

Jeanny :D

Originally posted by Jeanny
QUOTE][I think I have had a major stroke.

Rae

Should we call Dr. Carter? or Dr. Greene? oh, wait, he can't help any longer, he left the show.... Guess you'll have to have Dr. Carter!! :jester:

Jeanny :D [/B][/QUOTE]

I want FIDELIO and if I can't have him, then I want Dr Green, even if he isn't on ER any more....sue

Jeanny :D [/B][/QUOTE]

No Way! I love Dr. Carter, but Dr. Ross (remember him?) is the all time best!!!!!:cool: Wouldn't you love it if your doctor looked like him?! And his voice.....so smooth! :p

hilltop -you are going on the cruise right before us - I hope you get to see Fidelio at Dueling Pianos.

Rae

Originally posted by sjm
Rae - count me in as one of the "Fidelio fighters". We are looking at one of the Antigua itins and I told hubby that if we book it and later find out Fidelio isn't on the Magic, I would cancel our cruise.

Laura24 - Sessions may be a little under-used, but it is a lovely place to sit, have a drink, listen to the piano and watch the waves. Whenever Fidelio and Jeff weren't on, we would go to sessions. I would not be a happy camper if they got rid of sessions.

sue
Sue,
That is my sentiment behind my comment of a "happy medium". An under-used club, and a strong following in support of DP's, there must be a middle of the road solution to the changes in progress. Between the 3 clubs, S,DP and RBD...we did our share of club hopping to stay entertained. Let's keep our fingers crossed! And with a sprinkle of pixie dust, just maybe we will be able to find out where Fidelio's next gig will be. Wouldn't Jelly Rolls or someplace DTD be grand! (OOO House of Blues!!)

Originally posted by hilltopfamily
but Dr. Ross (remember him?) is the all time best!!!!!:cool: Wouldn't you love it if your doctor looked like him?!

No! Because I'd turn into a hypochondriac and I'd be in the doc's office 3 times a week.

"does this mole look like it's bigger?"
"can you look at this rash?"
"i have a headache.....oh? motrin? no, i didn't take any....ok, i'll try that, thanks doctor!!" :)
"i have this uncontrollable drooling problem whenever i go to the doctor" ;)

Originally posted by ohiominnie
No! Because I'd turn into a hypochondriac and I'd be in the doc's office 3 times a week.

"does this mole look like it's bigger?"
"can you look at this rash?"
"i have a headache.....oh? motrin? no, i didn't take any....ok, i'll try that, thanks doctor!!" :)
"i have this uncontrollable drooling problem whenever i go to the doctor" ;)

Ohiominnie: I'm ROTFL! I hadn't thought of that, but you are so right! The insurance co-pays would kill all future travel plans! :p

Rae: I'm certainly intrigued and plan on checking out Fidelio to see what all the hoop-la is about! (provided he is there and "doin' his thing") But it sounds like I better not like it too much, as he won't be there much longer. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter