just got back

krhewitt

Mouseketeer
Just got back from WDW. The yellow flies were not a problem. It rained every afternoon so don't forget the ponchos. We were on the 300 loop. It seemed a bit smaller than other loops and there wasn't much space between campsites. We have a rear door on our 5th wheel and we had to park it over the sand at the back of the site to give me husband's dually room to park. He didn't drive the truck for the 6 days we were there. The bus system was very efficient we never waited over 15 minutes to catch a bus to the parks or 5 minutes to catch one to one of the settlements. They had at least 3 ferry boats to the MK so we only waited maybe 10 minutes. We had a blast!!:bounce:

Sounds like you had a great trip! We will be there in 60 days and cannot wait!
Was it to hot to sit outside at night? We will be there in late Aug. and are hopings we can still do things outside at night after the rain stops..........TIA:jumping1:

parmtoo,

The weather was very nice! The hottest it got was about 90. Some of the days after the rain I was looking for a light jacket. You should be able to sit outside. Enjoy your trip!!!!

Thanks!

I hope we are lucky with the weather too. I can't wait to get there!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2: :cheer2: :cloud9: :hyper2:

Originally posted by krhewitt
parmtoo,

The weather was very nice! The hottest it got was about 90. Some of the days after the rain I was looking for a light jacket. You should be able to sit outside. Enjoy your trip!!!!

I wish I was in the same place you were :) (Just Kidding!), we got back from a quick weekend trip on the 21st to see our new grandson. I grew up in florida and it was "HOT". Sunday afternoon at Epcot was by far the hottest I have felt in a long time. The thermometer in the car was reading 105 (which is supposed to be outside temperature), and the recorded temp was 96. The nights did cool off to about 78, but it was muggy, and humid. We had gone to WDW May 7-18, 2004, and the difference in temperature will keep us going back in May. My husband wasn't feeling well Monday night with chills, aches, and then hot flashes. He went to the doctor Tuesday morning and he said he had the symptoms of Heat stroke, without knowing we had been to WDW over the weekend.

All of that being said if we had taken more breaks, drank alot of water, and watched the heat it may not have bothered us so much. We had a fantastic time even if it was so short of a trip, I think we let ourselves get to hot..... the golf trip on saturday with a tee time of 12:20 probably didn't help the matter :)

We were there last week (06/14 - 06/19) and it was HOT during the day. Late afternoons were not bad. This was our first summer trip in a long time. We usually go at Christmas. We had 3 teens in a tent and by 9:00am they were awake because of the heat. We still had a good time, but the heat was noticeable.

Glad you had a great trip:)

Thanks for the info on the busses. We will be arriving on 7/31/04, this time in a cabin, not towing the trailer, so will be without a vehicle, and just last night contemplated renting a car for the week.

But from the sounds of it, the busses should be more than sufficient! Wooo, Hooo, now I can save that money for more Mickey stuff!!!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter