Just got back...

Dad2Buzz

Mouseketeer
Had an amazing two weeks, feeling a bit tired and depressed. Already looking at prices to go back.

Just wanted to say thanks to lots of people on here, I got so much advice and info from so many people on here that helped me immensely and saved me lots of money and more importantly time.

Here are a few highs/lows:

Highs:

Weather - was very good, had a couple of dodgy days, but much better than forecast/expected, got a pretty decent tan!

Discovery Cove - just great, weather was perfect on the day, 2nd time we have done the dolphin swim, and it was better than the first time. The trainer was amazing, and we were the last ones to leave the lagoon.

Cheesecake factory - Liked it so much we went twice. Caramel cheesecake is awesome.

Bahama Breeze - Really liked this too, had the Jamaican jerk chicken, very generous portions.

Longhorn Steakhouse - Best steak I have ever had, honestly. Our server Nick was brill too.

Dine with Shamu - Food is not great, lets be honest, but the whole experience was very good. It's not everyday you dine with killer whales.

Shamu nighttime celebration - Just such a great show, whales, lights fireworks, even the pre-show show is fun.

Low:

Doubletree Seaworld Hotel - The staff are so rude. Especially the staff in Starbucks (with the exception of one girl). I started the holiday tipping them a couple of dollars for a $2.98 drink, but their attitudes were so disgusting by the 2nd week I was taking the 2 cents change back. They would take your money off you and give your drink/change without saying a word. I heard them huffing at customers so many times. I was so wound up one day by one of them that I had to leave before I dragged him over the counter, I let it go purely because I was on holiday. I am going to complain to Hilton. It is a shame as the hotel is otherwise decent and in a great location, but I would never stay there again just because of the staff.

No other low that I can think of, but I just want to add that Alamo were not aware of the code you need to hire a car now, and again I did not need the paper counterpart.

Sounds great overall. No need for rudeness they are usually perky in
Places like that as they want tips.

My thoughts exactly??

I am a good tipper too - I tip 20% for mediocre service lol.

Still was nowhere near enough to put a dampener on things, best place on earth. pixiedust:

Glad to hear that there were so many highs and you didn't let the bad service spoil your holiday. :goodvibes

Glad you had a great time. Your dining experiences sounded great.

Did you do WDW or US?

We are off in 39 days and I can't wait - we are just so excited now. We are going to Discovery Cove for dolphin swim - so good to hear you enjoyed it! It is such an expensive day (we aren't doing Seaworld), but hopefully worth it.

Glad you had a great time. Your dining experiences sounded great.

Did you do WDW or US?

We are off in 39 days and I can't wait - we are just so excited now. We are going to Discovery Cove for dolphin swim - so good to hear you enjoyed it! It is such an expensive day (we aren't doing Seaworld), but hopefully worth it.

You are sooo lucky, I wish I was going in 39 days! I have 14 months now! :-(

We did US and IOA, plus BG, SW, DC and Aquatica, but no WDW this time. My kids did not want to. Personally I think US/IOA are the best parks. We love BG too as the crowds are a bit lower. Aquatica is an amazing waterpark too if you get the chance I highly recommend it if you like that sort of thing. :)

You are sooo lucky, I wish I was going in 39 days! I have 14 months now! :-(

We did US and IOA, plus BG, SW, DC and Aquatica, but no WDW this time. My kids did not want to. Personally I think US/IOA are the best parks. We love BG too as the crowds are a bit lower. Aquatica is an amazing waterpark too if you get the chance I highly recommend it if you like that sort of thing. :)

Our children love Disney - our main reason for going. But we all love Harry Potter too, so are spending a few nights at US. We are doing DC and then just a few days shopping - no other parks planned. I just didn't want to end up running round in the August heat wearing ourselves out too much. We are staying at OKW and hope to have a few resorts afternoons/sessions - we just won't manage full days in the heat/humidity. There's plenty to keep us busy at WDW so we're happy with that this trip! DH is adamant we aren't returning, so we are just making the most of the places we are going to!

It's odd as I initially saw this as a Disney holiday, however, as time has gone on, I've become more excited about US, especially with the Diagon Alley expansion.

[QUOTE="Dad2Buzz, post: 53925071, member: 348573

No other low that I can think of, but I just want to add that Alamo were not aware of the code you need to hire a car now, and again I did not need the paper counterpart.[/QUOTE]

Hi-sorry to be dumb (again!) what is this code you speak of?!
I don't drive-but dh has been asked for paper portion of licence previously.

I'm glad you had more highs than lows.

Did you go to downtown Disney?
We keep hearing of terrible traffic, parking issues etc & don't know whether to visit?

You supposedly have to obtain a special code to give to the hire companies, it takes place of the licence paper counterpart.

See here - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...-predicted-as-UK-driving-licence-changes.html

We were not asked for it at all, which is lucky as I forgot to do it. They never asked for the paper licence either, which has been the case every time I have been anywhere in the US.

We were advised to stay away from Downtown Disney by friends who went a month ago, traffic issues causing havoc. Which to be honest, is fine by me as apart from the Portobello and T-Rex cafe I don't enjoy it much there anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter