Just got back...

Happy Tappy

Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates life for me!
From a fantastic quick trip. Me, my son (2) my 2 sisters went, driving down for the first time. In traditional Dis fashion, here's the positives and negatives:

Positives:
The park - looked stunning as ever. The Christmas overlays were (as always) perfect.
The Cheyenne - Reconfirmed why it's my favourite Disney hotel. Perfect in every way. They even gave us our room at 9am which was very welcome after a long drive.
Cafe Mickey - Let us in half an hour before our reservation despite the fact it was busy. My son got some good character interaction especially from Eeyore who fed him his dinner! Wasn't so impressed with Mickey. We'd watched him walk around the whole room and then as it came to our turn a member of staff grabbed him and said he had to go. I told her in no uncertain terms that my son was going to see Mickey. I don't like being forceful but the woman was being unfair. We got our picture with him but we only got about 10 seconds of Mickey time.
Driving - It's nice to have the freedom to go as you please.
Stitch Encounter - First time I've done this, my son loved it!
The queues - The park felt busy enough but there weren't any long queues for anything. I think the longest we waited was 15mins for Crush and Parachute Drop.
P&O - Never took the ferry on my own (been on coach). Was very impressed with the service. Both times we got there early and they let us on the eariler ferry. If only Easyjet let you do that!

Negatives:
Small World - I knew it was closed before we went but it was still annoying walking past it and seeing the green walls.
Seasonal closures (not refurbs!) - Literally half of the counter service restaurants were shut. Storybook land was only open Monday. Captain EO, Art of Animation and Autopia were all closed the whole time we were there. Not nice to see Disney being cheap.
Driving (yes it's a positive and negative!) - Somehow I ended up doing all the driving. Set off at 10pm and did it non-stop getting to Disney at 9am. I'm still not entirely sure how I managed it! There was a lot of roadworks around London with 50mph speed limits, added a lot of time to our journey :mad:

The negatives were only minor and were far outweighed by the positives! A great trip was had by all and I can't wait for my next one. As soon as my daugher is old enough to go I'll have a new ticker!

Sounds like you all had tonnes of fun!

I was chuckling to myself yesterday morning - wandering around Main St in the sunshine and in t-shirts with the Christmas decorations and snow on Main Street :lmao:. It was weird, but in a good way!

Welcome back, pleased you enjoyed your trip:goodvibes

Sounds like you all had tonnes of fun!

I was chuckling to myself yesterday morning - wandering around Main St in the sunshine and in t-shirts with the Christmas decorations and snow on Main Street :lmao:. It was weird, but in a good way!

It was glorious yesterday! Monday and Tuesday weren't too bad it was wet but not heavy enough to spoil our fun.

I was a bit disappointed with the fireworks. I'd have preffered them to be fired to Disney music. Where was the bonfire?!?

Welcome back, pleased you enjoyed your trip:goodvibes

Thanks!

Glad you had a good time :goodvibes

We went on Monday with the drizzle and were amazed at how much was shut - Blockbuster Café and Cascadeurs in the Studios, Last Chance, Lucky Nugget and Silver Spur Steakhouse, Fuente del Oro we noticed in the main park.

Plus MWW wasn't being shown and Belle's village was closed,we saw all the stalls shut up when we went round on the train, and IASW looked so sad from up there what with the river drained :sad2:

It was glorious yesterday! Monday and Tuesday weren't too bad it was wet but not heavy enough to spoil our fun.

I was a bit disappointed with the fireworks. I'd have preffered them to be fired to Disney music. Where was the bonfire?!?

Thanks!

I think the flames in the lake were supposed to be the bonfire ;).

Glad to hear it wasn't too busy! We're going next week so hope it's the same! :thumbsup2

Cheryl

15mins for Crush!!!! Says everything about how busy the park was. Glad to hear you had a good time. :thumbsup2

glad you had a good time how lucky that there were hardly any queues, we've always queued for about an hour from Crush xx

I love driving down to Disneyland. The kids are in the back of the car and you can play all sorts of 'road games' with them. I also really appreciate the fact that on a Monday morning, the roads are quiet even on the main Calais to Paris stretch. I drive down every time I go, but I will relent one day and take them all via eurostar.

Glad you had fun... I wish we waited a few weeks and done Christmas season again

They even gave us our room at 9am which was very welcome after a long drive.

Wow, that's great when that happens...we haven't had that privledge for years!

Next time you might want to try the tunnel, as opposed to the ferry.....much quicker and much less hastle. They're also very flexible around boarding times, and we've never been charged for being late/early :thumbsup2

Wow, that's great when that happens...we haven't had that privledge for years!

Next time you might want to try the tunnel, as opposed to the ferry.....much quicker and much less hastle. They're also very flexible around boarding times, and we've never been charged for being late/early :thumbsup2

That's a really good point. When you check in at the Eurotunnel, they will put you on either your train, or if they have spaces on an earlier one, that one instead. It's really quick and efficient and to be honest, the first time I used it, my train wasn't due to depart for about 90mins. I took the wrong turn and ended up boarding an earlier train than I should have done, as they just waved me through even though the 'letter' (boarding pass) that I had was not the right one. They will do what they can to get you across the channel as quickly as possible and its worth paying the £20-£30 extra than in would cost for a ferry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter