just got back

jessjames7295

Earning My Ears
I was a first time cruiser and just got home last night. Let me tell you about it!
First things first, the food i thought was just okay, until i met the peanut butter pie at the animators palate! Fabulous, a must try! Although a tad dissapointed with the show at the AP. Palos~ is the best by far! Juan was our server and we was amazing! Also a tip for Palos, you can order sample sizes of all any of the items offered, so you dont have to commit to just one! I LOVED the lobster marsicpone raviloi! OMG! For dessert you have to try the pana cotta and the souffle!
We did see all the shows on board and "Dreams" is amazing, we really loved it! A must see!
When we arrived at Nassua we had a scheduled excursion to tour Atlantis. We arrived at Atlantis and left the tour within 15 minutes because we were bored and went back to island to shop. So that was a waste of money for us.
We thought the best time by far was on CC, we rented the beach cruiser bikes and rode the bike path! We really loved that it was so relaxing and only $12!
We stayed in a cat 9 ocean view state room (3 of us) and thought the room was very roomy! I was a little dissapointed in the all around service staff we had. Room attendant not very polite. When ever i asked for someting i felt like he was aggravated with my requests. And they were simple like ice and extra blankets. Our dinner servers (all 3) were the same way. I have to say i had a hard time tipping them what was asked. ( i did however) I think that tipping should be optional, that is there job. (sorry for those who dont like answer) If the service was great, heck even really good, i would not have minded. I actually tipped our Palo server more than all 3 waiters combined, because he provided EXCELLENT service.
The gym is very nice, it makes you feel good to go work out for a few minutes when you have eaten like crazy all day! The spa is terribly over priced compared to local services. i was goign to break down and buy a service until i looked at the prices. OUCH!
Any one who has doubts about the Oceaneers Club should feel confident about leaving your child there. My DD is very shy and she was eager to be there every night. The first day they offer an open house so kids can explore with their family and that is highly recommended! They do close while you are at CC!
Believe it or not i was the only door that was actually decorated! I saw a few with one or two magnets but ours was full blown decorated, and let me tell you, people were always stopping at our door and admiring! (great feeling)
The weather was incredible! Bahamas was 80ish and CC was 89! The boat was really windy the first night but after that it was great!
DH usually gets Seasick, not this time!
We also decided to stay and do Disney Worls yesterday when we got off the boat and we wish we hadnt. We live about 7 hrs away from the park so we thought we would do it while we were there and we were just so wore out that it was really a waste of time and money, we left the park at 4 and drove home, unplanned.
Hope you all have a great time cruisin, we did and are going again! Thanks DISers for all the tips!

Sorry your service was not good, I do not hear that very often. I agree that if I really did not feel the service was good I would have a hard time tipping the full amount. Luckily it has never been a issue for us.

Thanks for the tip on samples at Palos I will order the sample plate for sure. I love tasting all the different meals.

Would you go again??

Heather

We've done two cruises, the first we had the absolute best, over and above waiters and room steward. The second trip, the waiters were ok, and the steward was so-so.
It was sorta disappointing the second time to have the so-so people. But the way I look at it is, there are a waiters and room stewarts that are above and beyond the others, and when you get them they make everything extra, extra special.

BUT...when you get the others, I just try to remember I'm on the boat, away from all the other stuff at home, stitting back enjoying myself and dinner's just a couple hours a night--and heck, there's always room service:banana:

Sorry you were to tired to enjoy the trip to disney world. We loved renting the bikes, it was a blast!

And THANKS for your "report" on your trip. I love to see what experience others have!

I was a first time cruiser and just got home last night. Let me tell you about it!
First things first, the food i thought was just okay, until i met the peanut butter pie at the animators palate! Fabulous, a must try! Although a tad dissapointed with the show at the AP. Palos~ is the best by far! Juan was our server and we was amazing! Also a tip for Palos, you can order sample sizes of all any of the items offered, so you dont have to commit to just one! I LOVED the lobster marsicpone raviloi! OMG! For dessert you have to try the pana cotta and the souffle!
We did see all the shows on board and "Dreams" is amazing, we really loved it! A must see!
When we arrived at Nassua we had a scheduled excursion to tour Atlantis. We arrived at Atlantis and left the tour within 15 minutes because we were bored and went back to island to shop. So that was a waste of money for us.
We thought the best time by far was on CC, we rented the beach cruiser bikes and rode the bike path! We really loved that it was so relaxing and only $12!
We stayed in a cat 9 ocean view state room (3 of us) and thought the room was very roomy! I was a little dissapointed in the all around service staff we had. Room attendant not very polite. When ever i asked for someting i felt like he was aggravated with my requests. And they were simple like ice and extra blankets. Our dinner servers (all 3) were the same way. I have to say i had a hard time tipping them what was asked. ( i did however) I think that tipping should be optional, that is there job. (sorry for those who dont like answer) If the service was great, heck even really good, i would not have minded. I actually tipped our Palo server more than all 3 waiters combined, because he provided EXCELLENT service.
The gym is very nice, it makes you feel good to go work out for a few minutes when you have eaten like crazy all day! The spa is terribly over priced compared to local services. i was goign to break down and buy a service until i looked at the prices. OUCH!
Any one who has doubts about the Oceaneers Club should feel confident about leaving your child there. My DD is very shy and she was eager to be there every night. The first day they offer an open house so kids can explore with their family and that is highly recommended! They do close while you are at CC!
Believe it or not i was the only door that was actually decorated! I saw a few with one or two magnets but ours was full blown decorated, and let me tell you, people were always stopping at our door and admiring! (great feeling)
The weather was incredible! Bahamas was 80ish and CC was 89! The boat was really windy the first night but after that it was great!
DH usually gets Seasick, not this time!
We also decided to stay and do Disney Worls yesterday when we got off the boat and we wish we hadnt. We live about 7 hrs away from the park so we thought we would do it while we were there and we were just so wore out that it was really a waste of time and money, we left the park at 4 and drove home, unplanned.
Hope you all have a great time cruisin, we did and are going again! Thanks DISers for all the tips!
did you see twice charmed.

we were on the wonder, the shows were Golden Mickey, The Art of the show (i think) and Dreams. And to answer another question...i most definately will do it again! I will not let these things stop me cruising Disney, it just gives the next cruise a chance at being better than this one!

We were on the same cruise. Just got home tonight as we stayed one night extra at WDW (AKV) and flew in a few hours ago. We had excellent servers and a very friendly housekeeper. We too had Juan at Palos and he was superb. We had a blast and can't wait to do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter