• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Got Back. TR From October 9-13.(short trip)

Glite

I was 2 years old when I first met the mouse. Been
We are a family of 4 from Louisiana who loves everything Disney. I have been to WDW about 10 times already; This is our 3rd. trip since 2006. We have decided to take a short trip until our next big one. So come along and take a ride through my trip report as it will be fun and enjoyable.
popcorn::Por Favor mantanganse, allejado de la porta.popcorn::

We really decided to go mid-September. I kept on seeing a dining plan promotion when I got online from Bellsouth. Also, reading trip reports and communicating with friends on Disboards got my in the Dis mood. And I was Longing to be at Disney! I have been inspired by disboard friends to do a trip report. It finally was here, Thursday October 8th. Me and DW had worked half a day, so we can get packed and get things ready. We picked up DS1(6) and DS2(1) up from school around 4pm. We left the house around 6pm and went to drop our dog(Snoopy) at the animal clinic. The car was packed and we was ready to go. We stopped at Best Buy to buy DS a new DVD player as his has been giving him problems on and off.
http://[IMG]http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab335/Glite_2009/156
.jpg

i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab335/Glite_2009/157.jpg[/IMG]

157.jpg

Hello! Glenn
I'm subbing in...can't wait to travel along with you and your family!!!
Your boys are adorable!!!
:wave2:Connie

Thank very much!!

Welcome aboard. Let's have some Disney Fun!! Yahoo!!:cheer2:

We drove and stopped at the Burger King right off of I-10 & Diamond Head, MS. We went through the drove through. We was about to get on the interstate when DW and DS wanted some more fries, so we drove to the exit across I-10 on the other side to Mcdonald's. The girls working at Mcdonald's saw our Burger King Bags and made a funny comment about them. I made a funny comment back and we all laughed. We got more fries and continued to head east on I-10. It was dark by then ofcourse.

We got to Tallahassee at 12:30, were we stayed at LaQuinta. I some reward points that I had built up for a free night.

159.jpg

We finally checked in. We was on the second floor which was a pain as I made several trips to get some bags and items that we needed. We packed one set of cloths in a single bag to make it easier. DS2(1) slept a lot in the car so he didn't really get to sleep until around 3am or 4am. We got up the next morning, got ready and went downstairs for breakfast. We dressed with our bathing suits underneath our cloths because we was going straight into the Saratoga Springs Resort. I normally buy points fomr a Disney Vacation Club Members points and stay at a DVC resort for a day or two. Every trip we take, we set a day or two aside for a resort fun in the sun day to go swimming, relax and just habg out and enjoy the Disney Property ammenities.

I was looking forward to making waffles, but this LaQuinta did not have them. We had cereal and other breakfast items. I drove across the street to the Shell station were we gassed up and we set sail. We was about 4 hours away; we took the Apoka\Tampa exit off the turnpike, then exit 19 through Winter Park Haven and went into the back way. We probably saved about 30 or 40 minutes than going straight to I-4. We arrived at SSR at around 1:00pm. We drove by SSR and then decided to go eat at Downtown Disney. We was going to go eat at Rainforest Cafe, but we ate at the House Of Blues. After lunch, we walked around DD and then checked into SSR. We went to our room and settled in. We left our room and head to the pool to have a fun in the sun day. Stayed tuned for more photos at the pool at SSR.

170.jpg

Nice Glen, can't wait to see the rest. Getting anxious since we leave in 4 days...:yay:

Nice Glen, can't wait to see the rest. Getting anxious since we leave in 4 days...

Thanks Marc, welcome!

Thanks for the advice on the crocs, I read it in one of your post about a week before our trip. They are more comfortable than tennis shoes.

A few more days left until you leave to go...YEAH!!

Don't work too hard in the Disney Office this time...LOL!

We had a great time at the pool. DS(6) was too scared to go down on the slide. I kept telling him that it was fun; nothing I would say helped. Finally, the last hour or so, he went down it and loved it ofcourse. He went down it several times after that. DW and myself went down it a few times as well, then we relaxed in the hot tub for awhile. Here is a few more pictures of us by the pool.

168.jpg

Went got back to the room to get ready for dinner. We went to Downtown Disney to go eat at Rainforest Cafe, but the wait was an hour(we walked so far and I was carrying DS2(1) as we didn't have the stroller). We walked and walked and walked and finally got back to the car. We ate off property at LoneStar; it was good. DW and I got steaks.

164.jpg

I do not know yet how to put mutliple pictures in one reply, so sorry if you all get a lot of emails. I tried to paste several in one reply, but it is not taking it; I guess because the pictures are so large.

DS2(1) woke up around 2:30 or so and would not go back to sleep. I was wondering if there was anyone in the room next to us. If so, I felt bad for them. Finally at around 3am, I had to do something so everyone could get some sleep including myself, so I grabbed my wallet, keys, shoes and DS2. We went down the elevator to the car and I just drove. I spoke to the nice lady at the guard station briefly. I drove from SSR to Disney Vacation Club Dr. to World Dr.(I passed OKW and The Treehouses). I got on world Dr. and I think I passed every resort entrance there is. I drove to the Polynesian Village and then all the way south(All Star Resorts) and allover the place.
178.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter