• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Got Back - The HEAT and crowds, yikes!

superdiz

Unofficial Disney Foodie - MOO
We just got back and let me preface this by saying we are Disney die hards. We go every year and you will never hear me say a bad thing about Disney, even when they raise prices I am the first to defend and protect. However, I will never again:

1. Go during Food & Wine with kids under 8.
  2. Buy an event ticket - Halloween Party was a waste for us. Lines, lines, and more lines.
  3. Go in October, we were MELTING!
Honestly I know it was a heat wave but we went in May and we have lived in Orlando during the summer and I have never known sweat like that before. It was, for lack of a better term, just, ew.

I also am irritated that every other night in the months I like to go they are having a ticketed event that is a waste for us because our kids are little. I really dislike the fact that you can't bring the little ones to Wishes until 10pm and some nights not at all. I wish they could do a 7pm show at least once/week.

This leads me to wonder though, where are the good times to go with lower crowds and heat? Do those times exist anymore?

This leads me to wonder though, where are the good times to go with lower crowds and heat? Do those times exist anymore?
We've gone the last two NYE weeks, and January -after- NYE is not bad. Even the 'crowded' days are not too bad. Weather tends to be cooler. We've had good luck with mostly dry weather in January, but we had a couple of rainy days last year.

We just got back this past Saturday and it was unseasonably warm all week! I'm just glad we packed for warmer weather just in case!

I just got back last Saturday and it was SO HOT/HUMID and that is unusual for November, and we have been going in November since 1995! The crowds were crazy and I will also not go back during F&W - it is just not enjoyable. I usually visit Epcot the most, along with MK and this trip I spent the LEAST amount of time at Epcot because of the Food & Wine. We did however really enjoy mvmcp and that was well worth it! It was one of the only nights where the park was empty on the night we chose to go - it was wonderful with no crowds and we walked on everything, even only waited 15 minutes for Mine Train. We had another night where MK was open until 11pm, and I thought it would be a mad house, but there were zero crowds, so that was really nice after enjoying Hoop Dee Doo. We are taking a break from November, it used to be a great time to go but now everyone has figured that out and it is not anymore.

Do you think maybe the ticketed events popping up during the slow times are not coincidental? Unfortunately for many, Disney would like to have the highest attendance possible throughout the year, and that may mean creating what it sees as incentives.

I just got back last Saturday and it was SO HOT/HUMID and that is unusual for November, and we have been going in November since 1995! The crowds were crazy and I will also not go back during F&W - it is just not enjoyable. I usually visit Epcot the most, along with MK and this trip I spent the LEAST amount of time at Epcot because of the Food & Wine. We did however really enjoy mvmcp and that was well worth it! It was one of the only nights where the park was empty on the night we chose to go - it was wonderful with no crowds and we walked on everything, even only waited 15 minutes for Mine Train. We had another night where MK was open until 11pm, and I thought it would be a mad house, but there were zero crowds, so that was really nice after enjoying Hoop Dee Doo. We are taking a break from November, it used to be a great time to go but now everyone has figured that out and it is not anymore.

Hi tinkerbella! We were at WDW last week too and just got back on the 20th. We felt the same way about the hot, humid weather! We always go this time of year in Nov and have never experienced such heat before! Makes us rethink next year. The crowds were awful! I also think food and wine influenced the crowds a lot, along with free dining and Veterans day. I suppose families took the kids out of school during that week, since they were already missings one day?
Our only "November-like" day was our last day on the 19th, with low crowds at MK and cooler weather. Hope this isn't a trend in November! I was wondering about early January, or in March. I don't want to go with the "15's" from "you know where", the country which must not be named on this board" LOL! What do you think?

However, I will never again:

1. Go in October, we were MELTING!

We've only gone in October and it's so hit and miss on weather. Some years we've been crazy hot, one year (2008?) there were record lows and we FROZE. Most of the time it's comfortable and lovely, but every once in awhile, Mother Nature throws a curve ball.

Hi tinkerbella! We were at WDW last week too and just got back on the 20th. We felt the same way about the hot, humid weather! We always go this time of year in Nov and have never experienced such heat before! Makes us rethink next year. The crowds were awful! I also think food and wine influenced the crowds a lot, along with free dining and Veterans day. I suppose families took the kids out of school during that week, since they were already missings one day?
Our only "November-like" day was our last day on the 19th, with low crowds at MK and cooler weather. Hope this isn't a trend in November! I was wondering about early January, or in March. I don't want to go with the "15's" from "you know where", the country which must not be named on this board" LOL! What do you think?
Well we are booked for September 2016, so I had to get used to that heat since that is what we'll be experiencing in Sept as well lol!! We are going the first week when kids go back to school, so we are hoping for lighter crowds, even of it means dealing with bad heat/humidity. Plus I got an amazing deal at the Beach Club- an offer we couldn't refuse!!! I am pretty much paying less for my package at Beach Club with park hoppers for 7 nights, than I would pay at a moderate! I have heard January is a great time to go- after New Years when the holiday crowds are gone.

I'm not even sure when we're going again. Maybe mid to end November, first week December. I'd be up against the holiday parties though. I don't know! For the first time in forever I am not sure when we will book! lol

Well we are booked for September 2016, so I had to get used to that heat since that is what we'll be experiencing in Sept as well lol!! We are going the first week when kids go back to school, so we are hoping for lighter crowds, even of it means dealing with bad heat/humidity. Plus I got an amazing deal at the Beach Club- an offer we couldn't refuse!!! I am pretty much paying less for my package at Beach Club with park hoppers for 7 nights, than I would pay at a moderate! I have heard January is a great time to go- after New Years when the holiday crowds are gone.
OHH I would LOVE to stay at Beach Club!! We are booked at POR for Sept2016. We just stayed at Disney the first week of November at it was so hot! Where did you get such a good deal at Beach Club?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter