Just Got Back~It was the Best of Times, it was the Worse of Times..

DisDarling

Mouseketeer<br><font color=9966ff>I have yet to co
(2 adults on Anniversary/Birthday trip on free dining!!)

The Best.....

* Keys to the Kingdom Tour was AWESOME!! Took the 9:30 one on 9/16 with Brandi. Rode Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. LOVED the utilidors!!

* CA GRILL- first time eating here-was our Anniversary and hubby's Birthday- free chocolate cake at the end. Used the dining plan for this- for a ONE time thing- it was WORTH using the free dining! See dining reviews for more n depth!

*LOVED Ohana Character Breakfast! Our pic turned out great for it, and we were third to see the characters.

*First Time at HOOP DEE DOO- WOW!!! We went to the 7:30 show, and it was a bLAST!! We got picked twice!! Food was yummy- LOVED the ribs!! ALSO used free dining here as well.

*Crowds- pretty non-exsistant!! Sunday at MK got a bit busy, but that is to be expected on a weekend, also an EMH night. Only needed to really FP Toy Story Mania.

*Weather- HOT!! We have a pic of it being 104 degrees this past Wednesday. It is tolerable if you go inside enough at each park and remember to just hydrate yourself.

*Toy Story Mania was AWESOME!! Now, EVERYONE at rope drop headed there!!! It was quite comical until my FP machine decided to break while I was using it, so we had to FP after we rode it. We did FP at around noon so we did get the chance to ride it 3 times.

*The new Spaceship Earth was great I thought, we laughed pretty hard. We went on a couple of times so we could video tape the ending for our kids to see.

*World Showcase this past Wednesday was EMPTY. I mean NOONE was there- I am talking 1 p.m.!! We found Mary Poppins, Alice, Jasmine, and Sleeping Beauty pretty much hanging out with not much to do.

*I LOVED the Mexican Coke at Club Cool- VERY good! (Also VERY empty)

*Wait times- the highest was probably Toy Story Mania at about 60 mins. Every other ride was 30 mins or less.

*2 magical moments- 1. Got free cookies at the Sunshine Food Fair on our Anniv morning. 2. Got announced at the American Adventure, got the YOAMD certificate, a phone call from the Fab 5 saying "Happy Anniversary" and a bag of free pretzels!

*MNSSHP on Tuesday night the 16th was quite empty. All rides were walk-ons. We had a blast trick or treating, watched the parade from Frontierland, and Hallowishes inside the hub in front of the Castle. Lots of fun characters out!

*CBR was absolutely quiet. Never saw anyone, had a corner room with two HUGE windows. GREAT place to stay!! Stayed in Barbados, Building 11, 2nd floor corner. (We DID decorate the window and was never told to take it down).

*DEFINITELY use at least one Counter Service credit at the Pepper Market at CS. You get SO MUCH more food, AND they let us get the specialty cakes as our dessert. (We asked several times to make sure).

* FINALLY got to see the "Western" side on the Great Movie Ride- always had the gangster one!

*Got to watch Illuminations from our balcony outside our room in our pjs at CBR- VERY cool!!

The "Interesting" (not really worse) of times.......

*They closed up shop at exactly 11 p.m. on Sunday night- the Kiss Goodnight was played exactly at 11 p.m. and they were not allowing anyone inside the Emporium anymore. (This was an EMH night, but I figured they would at least let people shop).

*If you plan on SCREAMING on Soarin, can you do it when I am not on the ride? We had an entire family who decided that they would just make this a fiesta on the ride and SCREAMED at the top of their lungs. Needless to say my peaceful last ride on Soarin was not that.

*FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY- OMG people!!! We had a family in the row RIGHT in front of us on Pirates who decided to take about 50 pics- NO JOKE! It happened on Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Philharmagic, Muppets.... it was just RIDICULOUS!! People, PLEASE think of others when you decide to ignore the rules. Just plain rude.

*Definitely alot of foreigners, even more that didn't care to listen to the rules on many rides. Quite frustrating. Met alot of nice people that had manners, and many that didn't.

*The DID check everyone's wrist bands at MNSSHP- saw many people asked to leave the park at the start around 7 pm. They were out in DROVES (the Cast Members) and you could clearly see them talking about which section they had "cleared."

*Some counter services gave us large sodas and other small sodas with the DDP. :confused3

*Buzz, Spaceship Earth, TTA, and Pirates all broke down. Pirates and Buzz were each down for about 15-20 mins.

*All bills now have "Suggested Tip" listed at the bottom- that was a new one for us.

*IF you chafe, using deodorant ontop of it for further prevention works AWESOME!!! Didn't chafe after the first day.

*We had rain suggested for each day of our trip, saw it only once for 10 mins around 9 p.m. on Monday. So dont freak out at the weather, it will be fine!

Any questions?? :)

Amy

I agree the Keys to the Kingdom tour is fabulous!!!! Love to hear you had a great time. Can't wait to get there myself!

Yay for your good and interesting trip!!! Thanks for sharing!

I don't understand the weather thing though, on the forecast it has never been above 90 and I've been checking it a lot on my car thermometer. The heat index would probably make it 95, but it has not been over 100 in many many days. Maybe that thermometer was wrong. Wednesday felt REALLY good!

On Spaceship Earth my dad always plays the clown and pretends like he's picking his nose while they're taking the pic, so it shows all through the ride like that and at the very end up on the big globe it always shows up like that. Yea, he's that idiot that pretends like he's picking his nose! :lmao:

Yay for Magical Moments!

Ugh, flash photography. Seems like everytime I get on Pirates there seems to be some aspiring photographer who blinds me the entire time with their $1000 camera. RUDE!

Foreigners...I agree that some are rude. Do they ever work? Seems like they take holiday for months and months. I wish I got the whole summer off for holiday.

Ahhhhh chafing. That seems to be one of my downfalls in life, was that I was born with really soft and sensitive skin. Haha! I carry powder everytime I go to the parks and am constantly applying. I've tried the ole deoderant trick on my feet before to prevent blisters though and I guessed it work.

Thanks again for sharing!

I don't understand the weather thing though, on the forecast it has never been above 90 and I've been checking it a lot on my car thermometer. The heat index would probably make it 95, but it has not been over 100 in many many days. Maybe that thermometer was wrong. Wednesday felt REALLY good!

On Spaceship Earth my dad always plays the clown and pretends like he's picking his nose while they're taking the pic, so it shows all through the ride like that and at the very end up on the big globe it always shows up like that. Yea, he's that idiot that pretends like he's picking his nose! :lmao:

Yay for Magical Moments!

Ugh, flash photography. Seems like everytime I get on Pirates there seems to be some aspiring photographer who blinds me the entire time with their $1000 camera. RUDE!

Foreigners...I agree that some are rude. Do they ever work? Seems like they take holiday for months and months. I wish I got the whole summer off for holiday.

Ahhhhh chafing. That seems to be one of my downfalls in life, was that I was born with really soft and sensitive skin. Haha! I carry powder everytime I go to the parks and am constantly applying. I've tried the ole deoderant trick on my feet before to prevent blisters though and I guessed it work.

Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks for the reply:)

Yeah we took a pic of the temp inside the car, and that was AFTER we had the air on before we left. I thought maybe it was the temp INSIDE the car but it only moved down a couple degrees after driving back to CBR. Dunno?? FELT like 100 degrees!! :rotfl2:

Amy

I see you're from WI, maybe your heat tolerence is not as high as mine is since I live in Orlando!!! :goodvibes I hate cold! I keep trying to convince my boss to run an extension cord outside our office so I can work in the warmth instead of the cold office.

Totally OT but OP I grew up in Appleton and still get there every now and then as my Mom still lives there. She usually comes to see us as she like to see DD in all her sports/school events. The Dis is getting so widespread soon we'll have to wear LGMHs in our hometowns.:)

Here's my pet peeve. Twice on our last trip I had to ask the person in front on me (or one of my kids) to put their camera down! Just held them up high to tape the shows (one was Nemo and the other was Indiana Jones), with no regard for the person behind them. Incredible.

But glad to see your "bests" outnumbered your "interestings".

Posts that are arranged like this are a treat to read- great info, interesting observations, even the "bad" stuff is well written. We head there Wednesday for a few days-woo hoo!

The thermometer was probably either directly in the sun or someplace that really accumulated the heat, like over hot pavement. You are right in that we have not had any temps over 100 degrees.

OP, sounds like you had a great trip!

Thanks for sharing your highlights - makes me excited about our trip next week and adds a few points on my what to do/not do list. Glad you had a great vacation!

Amen on the annoyance of flash photography!

Here's my pet peeve. Twice on our last trip I had to ask the person in front on me (or one of my kids) to put their camera down! Just held them up high to tape the shows (one was Nemo and the other was Indiana Jones), with no regard for the person behind them. Incredible.

But glad to see your "bests" outnumbered your "interestings".

Yeah I have yet to understand why people can't see how bright those cameras are! It needs to be enforced more- dont know how, but it does!

Ames

*FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY- OMG people!!! We had a family in the row RIGHT in front of us on Pirates who decided to take about 50 pics- NO JOKE! It happened on Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Philharmagic, Muppets.... it was just RIDICULOUS!! People, PLEASE think of others when you decide to ignore the rules. Just plain rude.

*Definitely alot of foreigners, even more that didn't care to listen to the rules on many rides. Quite frustrating. Met alot of nice people that had manners, and many that didn't.

Amy

I just posted about the flash photography a minute ago! It got really annoying! POTC was the worst, someone right behind us just snapping away at everything! :headache:

We also noticed alot of foreigners this year, we go every September and this year there were definitely more than usual. And a lot of them didn't follow ride or resort rules, which did get frustrating.

But the low crowds made it all worthwhile. :love: I love going in September!

Hey not to hijack this thread, but how long was Key to The Kingdom Tour? My wife and I are seriously thinking about doing it.:goodvibes

Hey not to hijack this thread, but how long was Key to The Kingdom Tour? My wife and I are seriously thinking about doing it.:goodvibes

It was from 9:30 to about 2:00 ish. It was well worth it, great lunch- nice and private, and just really cool to learn so much! Hope that helps!!

Amy

The Best.....

* Keys to the Kingdom Tour was AWESOME!! Took the 9:30 one on 9/16 with Brandi. Rode Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. LOVED the utilidors!!

* CA GRILL- first time eating here-was our Anniversary and hubby's Birthday- free chocolate cake at the end. Used the dining plan for this- for a ONE time thing- it was WORTH using the free dining! See dining reviews for more n depth!

*LOVED Ohana Character Breakfast! Our pic turned out great for it, and we were third to see the characters.

*First Time at HOOP DEE DOO- WOW!!! We went to the 7:30 show, and it was a bLAST!! We got picked twice!! Food was yummy- LOVED the ribs!! ALSO used free dining here as well.

*Crowds- pretty non-exsistant!! Sunday at MK got a bit busy, but that is to be expected on a weekend, also an EMH night. Only needed to really FP Toy Story Mania.

*Weather- HOT!! We have a pic of it being 104 degrees this past Wednesday. It is tolerable if you go inside enough at each park and remember to just hydrate yourself.

*Toy Story Mania was AWESOME!! Now, EVERYONE at rope drop headed there!!! It was quite comical until my FP machine decided to break while I was using it, so we had to FP after we rode it. We did FP at around noon so we did get the chance to ride it 3 times.

*The new Spaceship Earth was great I thought, we laughed pretty hard. We went on a couple of times so we could video tape the ending for our kids to see.

*World Showcase this past Wednesday was EMPTY. I mean NOONE was there- I am talking 1 p.m.!! We found Mary Poppins, Alice, Jasmine, and Sleeping Beauty pretty much hanging out with not much to do.

*I LOVED the Mexican Coke at Club Cool- VERY good! (Also VERY empty)

*Wait times- the highest was probably Toy Story Mania at about 60 mins. Every other ride was 30 mins or less.

*2 magical moments- 1. Got free cookies at the Sunshine Food Fair on our Anniv morning. 2. Got announced at the American Adventure, got the YOAMD certificate, a phone call from the Fab 5 saying "Happy Anniversary" and a bag of free pretzels!

*MNSSHP on Tuesday night the 16th was quite empty. All rides were walk-ons. We had a blast trick or treating, watched the parade from Frontierland, and Hallowishes inside the hub in front of the Castle. Lots of fun characters out!

*CBR was absolutely quiet. Never saw anyone, had a corner room with two HUGE windows. GREAT place to stay!! Stayed in Barbados, Building 11, 2nd floor corner. (We DID decorate the window and was never told to take it down).

*DEFINITELY use at least one Counter Service credit at the Pepper Market at CS. You get SO MUCH more food, AND they let us get the specialty cakes as our dessert. (We asked several times to make sure).

* FINALLY got to see the "Western" side on the Great Movie Ride- always had the gangster one!

*Got to watch Illuminations from our balcony outside our room in our pjs at CBR- VERY cool!!

The "Interesting" (not really worse) of times.......

*They closed up shop at exactly 11 p.m. on Sunday night- the Kiss Goodnight was played exactly at 11 p.m. and they were not allowing anyone inside the Emporium anymore. (This was an EMH night, but I figured they would at least let people shop).

*If you plan on SCREAMING on Soarin, can you do it when I am not on the ride? We had an entire family who decided that they would just make this a fiesta on the ride and SCREAMED at the top of their lungs. Needless to say my peaceful last ride on Soarin was not that.

*The DID check everyone's wrist bands at MNSSHP- saw many people asked to leave the park at the start around 7 pm. They were out in DROVES (the Cast Members) and you could clearly see them talking about which section they had "cleared."

*Some counter services gave us large sodas and other small sodas with the DDP. :confused3

*Buzz, Spaceship Earth, TTA, and Pirates all broke down. Pirates and Buzz were each down for about 15-20 mins.

*All bills now have "Suggested Tip" listed at the bottom- that was a new one for us.

*IF you chafe, using deodorant ontop of it for further prevention works AWESOME!!! Didn't chafe after the first day.

*We had rain suggested for each day of our trip, saw it only once for 10 mins around 9 p.m. on Monday. So dont freak out at the weather, it will be fine!

Any questions?? :)

Amy

what rare characters did you see at the mnsshp? Did you see any character behind Mickey Judge Tent?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter