• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got back From WDW with my 5yr autistic son

rentingspace

love life & live it!! Love my boys!
Do you have any questions? We had a great trip. Besides of course the melt downs. Highly recommend getting the GAC card. Get it at one park and it's good for all the parks for your whole trip.

Glad to hear things went well for you.:goodvibes

Is your son a sensory seeker or avoider?
What did he like best?
Did his reaction to anything surprise you?

If other posters have questions about GACs (Guest Assistance Cards), there is a section in the disABILITIES FAQs thread about GACs.

Yay! Glad you had so much fun, and coped with the meltdowns when they hit! :goodvibes

Glad you had a great trip. I cannot wait for pictures. I would like to know what advice we gave that was wrong, any tips or tricks you used, and what did he like the best. Also what surprised you that you thought the kid would not be able to do or like?

Big hugs

No advice was wrong. Every child is different. Charlie loved the fast rides the faster the better. Which before he would not go near. The head phones helped alot, we put Autisim stickers on both ear sets. That helped with people who didn't get it at first. The stares stopped he also wore a baseball cap that said autistic today genius tomorrow. I will say though usually on vacations we loose him abit because we don't have a OT or PT at home we do what we can, but not enough I quess. THis vacation being at Disney was enough OT and PT for all of us. And he has returned to school with great reviews of still being on his que. Putting his labels on him, actually helped us all, from the airplane to the parks. Charlie's favorite ride was splash mountain we bought him a shirt and he proudly wore it to school. He loved test track too, (but I think) the stimulation was too much, we saw an imediate melt down after the ride. We figured that out on the last day:rolleyes1

Awesome! Hey, where'd you get the ball cap? I haven't seen that one, but I really like it. Can't wait to see pics-
Nicole

Step one is to make sure the picture is on a host that will allow public viewing. WDWInfo (the "parent" of DisBoards) has one.

Once the picture is posted, block the link and then copy the link to the clipboard (by using <CTRL-C>)

Click on either either "Post Reply" or the quick reply icon to bring up a reply screen.

Click on the photo icon, which is yellow with two mountain peaks and the sun in it. It will bring up a box; paste the photo's URL into that block and clock <OK>. It will then bring the photo in.

I have noticed that people over react to things and sometimes melodramitic drama-llama style. Give them some information and they are cool with what formerly was weird, strange and unnatural. Jut when you think you know someone they change, lol. I am glad he enjoyed the trip and the fast rides.

I love trip reports and my one thing in life is food so that would be another thing I would love to hear about. Big hugs and thanks for the trip report.

Glad you and DS had a great trip. I am trying to tell a parent from my DS school that she can take her twins (both autistic). It is a bit of work but so worth it in the end!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter