• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got back from WDW!! Any questions?

Oh, never mind just saw where you had to book before you check out! You would have thought someone would have pointed that out to you when you checked in!:confused3

I know what you mean! I usually look through the folder just cuz I like to see what's in there. I almost didn't this time and waited a couple days before I even looked! But the CM who helped me at the Online Check-in line didn't mention it...

I guess I remain one of the only people who think BOG is overrated. Maybe it's just because I actually prefer standard theme park fare (like burgers, hot dogs, popcorn, etc...) but I found BOG's menu to be extremely limited (particularly for someone with a food allergy) and the whole restaurant was very chaotic and crowded (then again, I ate lunch just after noon). Maybe, I'll have to try it again (maybe during a less busy time than the holiday season).

I will agree the menu has it's limits for those that have allergies or picky. Lucky everyone in my family loves steak sooo they were happy, happy, happy.

The crowd wasn't that bad but it is a huge place. The atmosphere is worth it to me. Simply beautiful!

I will agree the menu has it's limits for those that have allergies or picky. Lucky everyone in my family loves steak sooo they were happy, happy, happy.

The crowd wasn't that bad but it is a huge place. The atmosphere is worth it to me. Simply beautiful!

Yeah, that's exactly my situation. My son is severely allergic to dairy, which basically made his options salad, salad, and oh yeah, another salad. I'll admit the theming was wonderful. On the other hand, my daughter loved it, so we'll probably stop by for lunch when we're there in June. Should we not find much we like there, we'll be having dinner at 'Ohana that night, so I figure the excess(!) of food there will surely make up for it.

I actually did a review in one of my walkabouts.

http://www.disneyparksplanning.com/2013/02/old-holiday-decorations-new-fantasyland.html

We got back from a 9 day trip on Tuesday (3/20) and had a good trip as well. Chef Micky's was not a "disaster" like some like to describe it and the food was good, service not so good.

BOG was great (we had dinner) and it was by far the best meal of our 8 TS credits that were used.

Ohana was the best food we had on 3 trips there (went on the 16th) but again the service was bad.

As far as food allergies go, almost every place is going to be an issue if you have allergies and it is sad people feel Disney should accommodate everyone/everything. They are restaurants, have their menus available, and are not supposed to be fore every taste/like. That is the business of a restaurant !

We got back from a 9 day trip on Tuesday (3/20) and had a good trip as well. Chef Micky's was not a "disaster" like some like to describe it and the food was good, service not so good.

BOG was great (we had dinner) and it was by far the best meal of our 8 TS credits that were used.

Ohana was the best food we had on 3 trips there (went on the 16th) but again the service was bad.

As far as food allergies go, almost every place is going to be an issue if you have allergies and it is sad people feel Disney should accommodate everyone/everything. They are restaurants, have their menus available, and are not supposed to be fore every taste/like. That is the business of a restaurant !

Disney does actually accomodate for food allergies and they should! No one can help that they have an allergy. It's not a choice!!

LOL.....I got back on the 14th and wore a sweatshirt almost all the time. Hope it has improved

I find it the most adorable thing, ever, to have someone with the name "Meriweather" commenting on the weather. Just tickled me pink! :lovestruc

I loved Ohana too! We ate there for my Mum's birthday on Valentines Day, and whilst she didn't like it, I loved it!

My experience has been WDW does a great deal to accommodate allergies.
And lumping allergies in with picky eating isn't fair. I have no sympathy for my DD who can't always find something she likes on a menu. But my son could die if we forced him to eat something...

Did you see characters at dinner at Chef Mickeys? I've never considered dinner there...

How was Liberty Tree Tavern ... it has always been one of my kids favourites but there seem to be some negative reviews lately ....

The characters at Chef Mickey's (we did dinner on 3/13) were great ! They came by 2 times during our meal and posed for all sorts of photos with our kids. I would say that of the 3 times we have been to Chef Mickey's in the last 5 years, this was the best for food, atmosphere, and character interactions. It was a Wednesday when we went.

Did you take the bus to the parks? If so, how was it from Coronado Springs?

We did take the buses from Coronado Springs. Lucky our bus stop was number 2, because they start picking up guest their, by the time they get all the way to bus stop 1 the buses mostly were standing room only. We had to wait a long time for some of our buses to pick us up from the hotel. We waited for 45min for an EPCOT bus. We had dinner ressie at Le Celliar for 7pm got the the bus stop about 6 and was late for our ressie. We kept asking different buses about the EPCOT bus but they just keep saying "there will be one soon". It didn't take us long to get to any park 5 to 10mins and a little longer to MK because of construction 15min. Saying that I preferred the buses at POR over these. Even when we returned to the hotel at night they were super crowded.

My experience has been WDW does a great deal to accommodate allergies.
And lumping allergies in with picky eating isn't fair. I have no sympathy for my DD who can't always find something she likes on a menu. But my son could die if we forced him to eat something...

Did you see characters at dinner at Chef Mickeys? I've never considered dinner there...

We did see the classic characters. Mickey, Donald, Minnie, Goofy, and Pluto they were fantastic and I agree with the other poster that the food was the best we have ever experienced there.:thumbsup2 So maybe all the bad reviews are making them change some things. :confused3:confused3

How was Liberty Tree Tavern ... it has always been one of my kids favourites but there seem to be some negative reviews lately ....

We loved it!! We haven't been here since 2004 when they had characters at there dinner. The food was wonderful. They bring it out family style and we had way more than we could eat. The meats were so tender and cooked perfect. I will say we had some relatives there at the same time and their meat was over cooked and dry BUT ours was great. Great home cooking and dessert!
The service was slow and we had to wait on drinks etc but over all great choice. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter