just got back from RPR

lrauers

Mouseketeer
We spent 4 wonderful days at RPR and it couldn't have been better. We booked 2 standard rooms thru Loews and got the upgrade on one room to the king suite. Check-in was fast and courteous. If you're Loews First, be sure to remind/ask for your welcome gift when you check in. Our rooms were ready even though it was only about 2:00 when we got to the hotel. Tower 2, fifth floor. Odd numbers rooms face the crouquet court and the highway beyond, not great but who cares.The suite has a large separate living room, flat screen TVs in both the living and bedroom. The only negative is that the sleeper sofa in the living room was soooo uncomfortable we couldn't use it. This was our 4th time at RPR and I would recommend this property for convenience, friendly staff and fabulous grounds and pool.They had staff walking around the pool giving out cold facecloths and fruit slushies. Nice touch on such a warm day!

We spent 4 wonderful days at RPR and it couldn't have been better. We booked 2 standard rooms thru Loews and got the upgrade on one room to the king suite. Check-in was fast and courteous. If you're Loews First, be sure to remind/ask for your welcome gift when you check in. Our rooms were ready even though it was only about 2:00 when we got to the hotel. Tower 2, fifth floor. Odd numbers rooms face the crouquet court and the highway beyond, not great but who cares.The suite has a large separate living room, flat screen TVs in both the living and bedroom. The only negative is that the sleeper sofa in the living room was soooo uncomfortable we couldn't use it. This was our 4th time at RPR and I would recommend this property for convenience, friendly staff and fabulous grounds and pool.They had staff walking around the pool giving out cold facecloths and fruit slushies. Nice touch on such a warm day!

Wow,

This is just waht I needed to hear! Thanks...so should I book my room directly thru Lowes, and just add the Univ. Tix? Do yo do that when you get to Universal?

Welcome back! Glad you had a great time. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!

Wow,

This is just waht I needed to hear! Thanks...so should I book my room directly thru Lowes, and just add the Univ. Tix? Do yo do that when you get to Universal?

Absolutely.

First...
It is free and will earn you perks with your stays such as a nice welcome gift (if you have a qualifying rate.) For more info about how the Loews First perks work, AlexandNessa has a great thread going about it here on the first page.

Next, check rates through www.loewshotels.com

Make sure you book through Loews hotels, otherwise there is a good chance your rate is not Loews compatible. Any third party (AAA, Expedia, Orbitz, Univacations, etc) bookings are not eligible.

If you have AAA, you can get nice discounts. Check the AAA website for its rates, but try to book it through Loews since they have denied LoewsFirst perks for rates booked through AAA since it is a third party agency. For AAA rates, you will need to call Loews as they can't be booked through the website.

As for the tickets, the best deal going out there is the 7 day/ both parks unlimited access tickets for $80.00. These are only available online and have to be purchased in advance, otherwise they go up a few dollars each. These can be purchased through the universal orlando site.

Mrs. D...I booked thru Loews, I'm platinum Loews First, which doesn't get you a discount on the room rate but you do get th upgrade and welcome gift. I usually get a better rate thru AAA but this time the Loews rate was a little lower. You can do some research to see if you can find a good package that includes tickets. I bought my tickets from AAA, 79.99 for 7 day, 2 park unlimited access, adults. Hope this helps.

This is the kind of stuff I need :lmao:

I signed up for the Lowes First rewards card yesterday, so now I need to just book thru Lowes and purchase the tix on line, very cool.

So y'all love the RPR? All of the picks I've seen look beautiful....

:yay: Im glad you got the answer your looking for.RPR is great and you will love it!!Make sure you reed the stickys,and if you have anymore questions plese feel free too ask!!:thumbsup2

yes, they call it a croquet court but I've never seen anyone playing the game. It's a grassy area, near the pavilion I think. Maybe you have to ask at the activity desk for the equipment.

yes, they call it a croquet court but I've never seen anyone playing the game. It's a grassy area, near the pavilion I think. Maybe you have to ask at the activity desk for the equipment.

The equipment is usually set up until dark. My family always plays a few rounds :)

so if I am really interested in the Universal Express (where I get to skip lines) is it better to book through Universal and get the service added in free, or book through Loews with AAA discount and buy the Express after?

You don't need to book through anyone in particular. The universal express is a benefit that you get by staying at any of the 3 onsite hotels. You just need to show your room key.

Thanks for posting. I am going to be booking this resort later this month & I can't wait to go. It will be our first time. :cool1:

Thanks for posting. I am going to be booking this resort later this month & I can't wait to go. It will be our first time. :cool1:

At the end of this month it will be are 5th time at RPR. You will definitly want to go back. It is one of our favorite places in the world

I have a question about the Lowes First
We booked directly thru Universal Orlando for the HRH in July
I got a better rate than anyone was offering

I did sign up for the Lowes First Program
Will we still get the welcome gift and maybe an upgrade?
Or do you have to book directly thru them for that to apply?
Thanks for the link for that btw! :thumbsup2

I have a question about the Lowes First
We booked directly thru Universal Orlando for the HRH in July
I got a better rate than anyone was offering

I did sign up for the Lowes First Program
Will we still get the welcome gift and maybe an upgrade?
Or do you have to book directly thru them for that to apply?
Thanks for the link for that btw! :thumbsup2

You should.Let them know @ check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter