Just got back from our 4th stay at the Dolphin - Wonderful!

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
We just got back from a very long trip which began in San Francisco, going down to Monterey, Disneyland then LA, then after a couple of nights at Universal's Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, it was time for our final 3 nights at the Dolphin.

We had booked a standard room with Dreams Unlimited for $125 a night, as we were only staying 3 nights, and had stayed 3 times before with great views, we had to keep the cost down this trip, so were ready for a view of the roof! However..... at check in I asked if there was any chance of a balcony and high floor, and we were told we could have the standard room now or wait an hour for a high floor with balcony - no prizes for guessing which option we went for! :banana: We went to Picabu for a bite to eat, then returned to get our room key, we had a fab room in the East Wing right next to the lift, very convenient, with a great view of the Boardwalk. :woohoo:

This was our first time at the Dolphin having a rollaway bed in the room, the kids are teens now, and boy and girl, so we need 3 beds. I was expecting it to really make the room feel small, but it fit right into the corner near the window and we could still access the balcony so it worked out great and DD said it was really comfy. :thumbsup2

We remembered the tip for using our UK AA card to get the AAA 20% off food and it saved us a good amount.

This was our first visit to WDW in August, and never again, too busy and too hot, but the wonderful Dolphin pools saved our sanity, and we loved the fact we could hire inflatables which just added to the fun.

To top it all, we even got Late Checkout for 2pm on our final day, and at no charge as we are Starwood Preferred Guest members.

So I'm very pleased to say that once again the Dolphin treated us so well, and for such little cost, we were absolutely delighted with everything during our stay there.

If you are staying at the Swan or Dolphin I highly recommend you join the SPG program, it really does make a difference to your stay. :D

It sounds like you had a wonderfult trip. I love Monterey and the Dolphin is one of my favorites. DL & DW all in one trip with Monterey thrown in would make for a fabulous time!!!

Did they charge you $15 for the cot - or was it free ?

Our teens (DD & DS) did not sleep together either.

The Dolphin gave us the cot for no charge - I guess because of our kids not being the same - ie both not girls or boys.

We just returned from our 12 night stay at the Swan last night and it was wonderful!!

We used our AAA in some of the restaurants but Blue Zoo wouldn't accept it.

I loved the new toiletries, Bath and Body Works in the coconut/lime:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter