Just got back from OKW......

We just returned from unit 2725 and around 5:30 or 6:00 in the morning the next door neighbor would take a shower and the screeching sound that came from the pipes almost killed me. But what am I going to do. Call and request that they take showers later in the day. Sometime we all have to remember that we are on vacation and to let the little things in life go.

Steve - "I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up" !!!

I think they should ban families with children under age 6 from staying in the Grand Villas. ;) Not really. However, by carpeting the units it would cut down the noise level a ton! Its like a cavern in there. Last year I stayed in one with Pollyanna and both our families. I got headaches from the echo. I don't believe our kids are any noiser than the next and I spent a good portion of our time there shushing them when they were just talking/playing normally. (try to keep an 18 month old from squealing in delight!) This really is a problem that Old Key West should address and the complaint calls about loud children in the GVs should be stopped.

dps.jpg

We had the exact same problem at HH in the GV there. We had a full house of 12 including 2 little 2 year olds and 2 7 year olds and a few early teens. We were playing the card game of Spit where you have to put the cards quickly on top of the pile. The two babies had fallen asleep, one on the couch and one on the floor and it was about 9 pm. We suddenly had a CM at the door with a noise complaint. We applogized and couldn't figure out what to tone down. The next night, the exact same thing. This time the CM came in and looked all around the place and appologized to US!! There was normal noise with 12 people having a vacation. They wound up moving the couple below us. I felt badly for them, but the set up of a GV being above the smaller units with wood floors is going to cause more noise coming from above. I too was embarassed for my guests to have to see this.

We always stay in the GV at OKW, we have been spending 10-12 nights in one every year since my daughter was 4. We had cousins and kids, I don't know if we are a little quieter then the next guy or what, but we have never has a call or a knock.

I like the wood floors....I also like a GV because there is no one above you.

If I did get a knock or a call and we weren't doing anything out of the ordinary, I would probably tell the cm that this is their problem and not mine. I certainly wouldn't walk on eggshells. I pay a bunch of points for that GV, I am going to enjoy it.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs", Karl Marx, pretty sick, huh?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter