Just got back from my 10 day food orgy

stemikger

DIS Veteran
Hey Folks,

I just came back from my 10 day trip at Pop and my first time on the meal plan. Man do they feed you. It was a practical food orgy. The meal plan is a great deal. Here is a quick list and a very quick review of the places I have eaten.

Crystal Palace - Unbelieveable quality for a buffet. I highly recommend it.

Le Cellier - This place keeps getting better and better. My favoriate meal of the trip.

Coral Reef - Excellent. The Lobster soup was amazing.

Ohanas - I like this place, but my wife still dosen't. The other people were mixed about it. I like my meat well done, so it is good for me.

Marekesh - Very good, but I am not into this type of food. Everyone else loved it.

San Angel - Not bad, but not great. I would skip it the next time.

Mamma Melrose - The surprise of the trip. We didn't have high hopes for this place, but we all enjoyed it. My waitress made a mistake with my meal, but it was a good mistake because I liked it a lot. She was extremely apologetic.

50s Prime Time Cafe - Very fun place, the food was decent, but the deserts were great.

BOMAS - Very good. I love this place and so did every one else.

Raglen Road - Horrible service, horrible food. Never again. See my restaurant review on this one.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the review. I want to try Boma on our next trip. I agree with you on San Angel, but the atmosphere is so fun.

Love the title of your thread:rotfl2: So you really liked Boma,dh and I are doing a breakfast and a dinner there next month. We have never eaten at Boma before,I like hearing the good reviews it gets.Thanks for the reviews:thumbsup2

Great to hear you liked Le Cellier. Have seen mixed reviews and DH is not happy about have ADR there in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the reviews.

Originally posted by Frann
What did you enjoy about Mamma Melorse. Would love to hear more!

We are all Italian, so we really didn't expect to like it like we did. We had a very nice waitress, and I ordered the steak, but she brought me back the pork. She was going to take it back, but I told her I'd try it. She was extremely apologetic. It was a good mistake because it was delicious.

The atmosphere is so cute and they took us on time of our ADR even though it was very crowded.

She served the kids the speciality drinks in regular classes for no extra charge and the deserts were great. I had the cheese cake and it was very good. New York City worthy.

I thought this resturant was going to be my least favoriate and I really made an ADR there because I knew I was going to be in MGM and I never went there before, but it was a nice surpirse that we liked it as much as we did.

It will be on my list on my next trip.

It's good to hear you liked Mama's and Coral. I've been debating on keeping these two, but after hearing positive reviews lately of both, I think I might stick to em. Thanks for the quick reviews though and the title :thumbsup2

Did You Do Crystal Palace For B-fast,lunch Or Dinner?

I did Crystal Palace for Dinner. It was great. One word of warning. Go there hungry. There is a lot of food and it is all good.

Thanks for the quick reviews. Crystal Palace lunch or dinner is on my must try list but we never seem to make it there.

Did You Do Crystal Palace For B-fast,lunch Or Dinner?

We have done both and love them both. It feels like at breakfast the servers are trying to hurry you a little more than at dinner. The food is good for both but I think better for the dinner. To our family, it is one of the MUST do character meals on every one of our trips. I hope you make it there on your next trip!

I would like to hear more about your San Angel Inn experience. We are excited about the atmosphere, but concerned about the mixed reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter